Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT - Page 85 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #841 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMtrH22 View Post
What are the negative effects? How much of a difference is it going to make?
Sluggish edge to edge
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #842 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
154 CT is 25.1... 155 CTX is 26.1. 1 cm is a lot when you are talking about width. 1 cm is minute in terms of length.

26.1 is simply much too wide for a size 9 boot. You shouldn't go over 25.5 cm waist.
In fact, with a size 9 boot should not go over 25 cm WW (depending on the sidecut radius, of course - in case of the Proto both the 25.1cm on the 154 and the 24.4cm on the 152 would work for the guy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Sluggish edge to edge
That. And the fact that it will be much more difficult to pressure the edge effectively, compromising edge hold.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #843 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
In fact, with a size 9 boot should not go over 25 cm WW (depending on the sidecut radius, of course - in case of the Proto both the 25.1cm on the 154 and the 24.4cm on the 152 would work for the guy).



That. And the fact that it will be much more difficult to pressure the edge effectively, compromising edge hold.
im 5'6 185lbs. Would the 152 work for me or should I go with the 154?
AllMtrH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #844 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMtrH22 View Post
im 5'6 185lbs. Would the 152 work for me or should I go with the 154?
What is your intended use? 152 is really short for your weight. That's a jibbing size for you.

You weigh what I weighed at the time of this review. 157 is an all-mountain orientated size for that weight. 154 would be a good freestyle size. I personally wouldn't go shorter than a 54.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #845 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
What is your intended use? 152 is really short for your weight. That's a jibbing size for you.

You weigh what I weighed at the time of this review. 157 is an all-mountain orientated size for that weight. 154 would be a good freestyle size. I personally wouldn't go shorter than a 54.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I would like to just have 1 board for everything.
I have a 156 custom x and a 155 sierra reverse crew right now but wanna sell both and have 1 board for everything. I don't do rails but i do go on boxes and the jumps and trying to get more into the freestyle stuff. Never really tried too much until now because all I wanted to do was go fast when I started snowboarding. I will eventually try a few rails though.
AllMtrH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:20 AM   #846 (permalink)
Member
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PDX, OR
Posts: 32
Default

Would love some advice from you guys. I have a 2013 Proto 157. I'm 5'9" @ 200 pounds. Have always ridden traditional camber boards and been riding for 20+ years. I love everything about my Proto but at SPEED/straight bombing runs it feels, for lack of a better word, sketchy. I'm much more of an all mountain rider than park and at times feel I have over powered the Proto in turns as well. When I bought the 157 I had a Premier 165 which I have since had to sell. So my question is should I go Proto 160 or SL 161. I LOVE the pop of the Proto and how light and playful it is. Would I lose that with a 2013 SL?
Thanks in advance for your time and feedback.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #847 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Default

Hey guys, im fairly new to the sport and need some advice.

Im trying to decide between the Evo and the Proto. I weigh around 180-190lbs ,size 10.5 K2 Ryder boots and 5ft 10in tall. I am more inclined towards the freestyle spectrum of things however i am just learning small jumps in the park, ideally i would like to ride 60% all mountain and 40% park.

I would prefer a board thats more fun than a straight out charger.

The main questions I have are , how much harder is it to butter and press on the Proto compared to the evo?

and how much more unstable is the evo at high speeds compared to the proto?Will the evo be sufficient as an all mountain board to go down black slopes and stuff?
Soyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #848 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyza View Post
Hey guys, im fairly new to the sport and need some advice.

Im trying to decide between the Evo and the Proto. I weigh around 180-190lbs ,size 10.5 K2 Ryder boots and 5ft 10in tall. I am more inclined towards the freestyle spectrum of things however i am just learning small jumps in the park, ideally i would like to ride 60% all mountain and 40% park.

I would prefer a board thats more fun than a straight out charger.

The main questions I have are , how much harder is it to butter and press on the Proto compared to the evo?

and how much more unstable is the evo at high speeds compared to the proto?Will the evo be sufficient as an all mountain board to go down black slopes and stuff?
Haven't ridden the Proto (but have the Evo). You can learn to butter the Proto, but you can't learn to un-chatter the Evo. I'd go Proto if I were you.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #849 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Haven't ridden the Proto (but have the Evo). You can learn to butter the Proto, but you can't learn to un-chatter the Evo. I'd go Proto if I were you.
Thanks for the advice man, definitely leaning towards the proto.
Soyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #850 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
backstop13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Haven't ridden the Proto (but have the Evo). You can learn to butter the Proto, but you can't learn to un-chatter the Evo. I'd go Proto if I were you.
I though I read in Leo's review that the Evo 4.0 doesn't have as much chatter in it due to the HD tech.
backstop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums