REVIEW; Neversummer Raptor 156 - Page 14 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 211 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My local shop was
IRONGOOSE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #132 of 211 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clarkston, WA
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONGOOSE View Post
My local shop was
Should be a good ride, just got back from Brundage in the Idaho Rockies... 5 inches fresh on top of heavy crust... Challenging conditions but the Raptor just demolishes this type of snow. Day ended when a Thunder Snow storm hit and they shut the lifts down...

danm
danm is offline  
post #133 of 211 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
Should be a good ride, just got back from Brundage in the Idaho Rockies... 5 inches fresh on top of heavy crust... Challenging conditions but the Raptor just demolishes this type of snow. Day ended when a Thunder Snow storm hit and they shut the lifts down...

danm
Were you riding the 2014 or 2013? I ordered the 2014 version
IRONGOOSE is offline  
post #134 of 211 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clarkston, WA
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONGOOSE View Post
Were you riding the 2014 or 2013? I ordered the 2014 version
2013, current year model... 2014 is supposedly stiffer and damper... honestly for me my 13' is PERFECT...

danm
danm is offline  
post #135 of 211 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Senior Member
 
wernersl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 417
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Yep, the 2013 has a stiffness / dampness rating of 7 / 6.5 and the 2014 has a rating of 9 / 8 which makes it a better hard charger in my opinion and experience. The 2014 also has the new Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilzers that reduce vibration up through the binding mounting areas, reducing vibration and transfering kinetic energy out to the tips to cushion the ride even more.
I just smiled a little. Of course the ball n chain won't understand when I say I want another raptor!
wernersl is offline  
post #136 of 211 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Yep, the 2013 has a stiffness / dampness rating of 7 / 6.5 and the 2014 has a rating of 9 / 8 which makes it a better hard charger in my opinion and experience. The 2014 also has the new Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilzers that reduce vibration up through the binding mounting areas, reducing vibration and transfering kinetic energy out to the tips to cushion the ride even more.
Sounds pritty sick im glad i baught it i cant stop thinking about it im so excited for it :P
IRONGOOSE is offline  
post #137 of 211 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 01:55 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
JDMITRB18CR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Jersey City NJ
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I LOVE THIS BOARD!

I took the Raptor out to Blue Mtn this past Saturday. it was all slush in all the trails, but it was still a breeze charging down, especially thru the double blacks since the edgehold on this board grips as advertised. the contact pro's felt perfect for it as well.

during high speeds, i didnt feel/hear the board chattering compared to the Cobra.. i'm definitely keeping this bad boy for a while.. got Stratton lined up this Sunday, so we'll see how it goes.

did i mention that I LOVE THIS BOARD!

Last edited by JDMITRB18CR; 03-11-2013 at 02:16 PM.
JDMITRB18CR is offline  
post #138 of 211 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clarkston, WA
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMITRB18CR View Post
I LOVE THIS BOARD!

I took the Raptor out to Blue Mtn this past Saturday. it was all slush in all the trails, but it was still a breeze charging down, especially thru the double blacks since the edgehold on this board grips as advertised. the contact pro's felt perfect for it as well.

during high speeds, i didnt feel/hear the board chattering compared to the Cobra.. i'm definitely keeping this bad boy for a while.. got Stratton lined up this Sunday, so we'll see how it goes.

did i mention that I LOVE THIS BOARD!
Weird, ME TOO!!!

danm
danm is offline  
post #139 of 211 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Senior Member
 
wernersl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 417
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMITRB18CR View Post
I LOVE THIS BOARD!

I took the Raptor out to Blue Mtn this past Saturday. it was all slush in all the trails, but it was still a breeze charging down, especially thru the double blacks since the edgehold on this board grips as advertised. the contact pro's felt perfect for it as well.

during high speeds, i didnt feel/hear the board chattering compared to the Cobra.. i'm definitely keeping this bad boy for a while.. got Stratton lined up this Sunday, so we'll see how it goes.

did i mention that I LOVE THIS BOARD!
Put another 9 miles on mine today. Afternoon slush though... Really could feel the board putting on the brakes in those spots. Early morning granulated groomers were amazing. She loves to charge hard.
wernersl is offline  
post #140 of 211 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Junior Member
 
scottyroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wasatch Mtns, Utah
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Day one of SnoWolf's Review of the 2014 Raptor is up! Sounds like the dampening in the binding areas does improve the stability. Not to get nit-picky, but I wish the 2014 Raptor came in a red-orange color like this year. The yellow... meh. The yellow color doesn't say "hard-charging-aggressive" like the red did with the 2013 board. I do love the phoenix graphic on the bottom though across the line instead of the Never Summer text. Get a red-orange color option (164!) and keep the phoenix die-cut on the bottom and it would be perfect.

Last edited by scottyroo; 03-15-2013 at 06:04 PM.
scottyroo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome