Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - Reply to Topic
Thread: HELP: Changing Burton Boards Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 
   

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
01-22-2014 03:27 PM
vajohn I know a lot of people hate on Burton for various reasons. Over the last 20 years or so, I have had 4 or 5 of their boards, 5 or 6 sets of bindings, several boots, clothing. Never really been very disappointed with their stuff, or even had to deal with a warranty issue. Right now, I've got a custom x with triads, a set of cartels, and just got a new pair of hails. Only issues I can think of is the topsheet on the custom x is not that durable, the cap strap on my early model of triad est bindings always came loose and had to upgrade it to a better one, my cheap freestyle boots are starting to fall apart a little bit at about 7 years of age.

I really like the custom x, but probably not the best choice if you can only have one board. Definitely great to have 2 or more boards if possible. My other board right now is a K2 parkstar. Hoping to get a Never Summer Cobra if I find one on sale, which might be a pretty nice do-everything board also from the reviews I've read.
01-22-2014 02:53 PM
Redline On the rare occasion I have personally had an issue with Burton stuff it was taken care of right quick on their end. Same with everyone I know that has had an issue. Maybe you're just a dick while on the phone with the warranty dept, and they don't mind loosing your business bamf?
01-22-2014 02:36 PM
Caffeine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamfboardman View Post
Why the fuck would your board break other then a reason that is your fault. Like you smashing it into a rock. I've owned two burton boards and I've had loads of problems. I can say Burton is shit because they are. They make shit products that are made of shit material.
Please remove yourself from this thread. Be gone.
01-22-2014 12:09 PM
andrewdod I blame the user :boom: like I said never had a lot of problems with my burton gear, and when I have they've fixed it no questions asked. I don't know how you could have so many bad experiences and not be beating the crap out of your gear.
01-21-2014 11:20 PM
poutanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamfboardman View Post
Why the fuck would your board break other then a reason that is your fault. Like you smashing it into a rock. I've owned two burton boards and I've had loads of problems. I can say Burton is shit because they are. They make shit products that are made of shit material.
I've said it once and I'll say it again...
01-21-2014 06:35 PM
Bamfboardman
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj79615 View Post
how can you say that, has burton shit on you?
i sent a broken board after the warranty expired and recieved a new board no questions asked, thats pretty good in my book
Why the fuck would your board break other then a reason that is your fault. Like you smashing it into a rock. I've owned two burton boards and I've had loads of problems. I can say Burton is shit because they are. They make shit products that are made of shit material.
01-21-2014 03:47 PM
andrewdod I definitely am for the rocker, and camber 2 board quiver if you ride icy conditions you might wanna look towards a custom, arbor also makes some very nice cambered boards as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamfboardman View Post
I don't see why you are loyal to a brand that is shit to its customers. Quiet honestly I would go with a better brand if I were you. However I am not you therefor I will help you.
I wouldn't listen to what this guy says about burton customer support. I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with them as well as many other people on this site.
01-21-2014 01:43 PM
kojack19 to follow up on my earlier post, if you can swing two boards go for it. I totally agree with Lamps in that if you can own a camber custom and then one of the flying V boards, you would be really happy. Given the time of year it is now and especially once February hits, you could likely find some great deals on ebay where you could maybe pick up both slightly used for the retail cost of a 2014 board a few months ago. I bought my Antler literally at 50% off and could not even tell it had been used.

Demo days are def your friend too.
01-21-2014 12:31 PM
Lamps
Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post


OP, have you looked at the Burton Landlord? You mentioned doing a fair bit of trees, off-piste and backcountry, and I think this board is better suited to that than the Custom Camber.

It's only available in 159 and 163. What's your weight?

For what it's worth, I had a 2010 T6, a 2011 T7 and a 2012 Custom Camber. I ride similar types of terrain to you (minus the backcountry) but also chutes, cliffs, etc.

I prefer a mild camber profile with medium-hard stiffness, but the early rocker nose really makes a big difference.

Are you close to a hill that Burton does demo days at?!? I'd try the Landlord if it was available. Should be a real great all around board...
Yah. Demo days are your friend.
01-21-2014 12:25 PM
lj79615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamfboardman View Post
I don't see why you are loyal to a brand that is shit to its customers. Quiet honestly I would go with a better brand if I were you.

how can you say that, has burton shit on you?
i sent a broken board after the warranty expired and recieved a new board no questions asked, thats pretty good in my book
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome