Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - Reply to Topic
Thread: Can Bindings affect your boards flex??? Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 
   

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
04-25-2009 11:45 PM
Snow-4-Ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Right View Post
Dude I just took the time to read all your posts on this forum and if I was you I would probably just sit back and read for a while, do some searching, soak in everything you read and post after that. You are going to get torn to shreds trying to tell everyone you can 360 off anything and boardslide anything but can't pull a simple manual on flat ground. Don't bullshit a forum full of bullshitters because we aren't buying it. Everyone here started as a newb sometime.
Hey, i can 360 and all that but I can't butter. But hell, i'm 4'9", 85 pounds riding a Scaremaster 144. Or am I a bullshitter too just cuz i just dont have the skill. But get your point.
04-25-2009 09:25 PM
BoardTheSnow73 Along the lines of the initial question, I was looking into getting some Ride EX bindings because I have read a lot of good reviews about them. I have also heard that because of there metal baseplates they can interfere with the flex of the board. Does anyone have any experience with these bindings who can explain how much flex you could expect to loose, if any? I do not do a whole lot of park riding so it might not make a big difference.
04-24-2009 11:55 AM
technine42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Right View Post
Dude I just took the time to read all your posts on this forum and if I was you I would probably just sit back and read for a while, do some searching, soak in everything you read and post after that. You are going to get torn to shreds trying to tell everyone you can 360 off anything and boardslide anything but can't pull a simple manual on flat ground. Don't bullshit a forum full of bullshitters because we aren't buying it. Everyone here started as a newb sometime.

I ride an Artifact and although it's soft as hell it won't save your life if you can't butter. You still have to know how to butter period. I spent a lot of time practicing this winter and now when I hop on one of my all mountain boards I can still do it almost as well, it's just a little more difficult. Keep your board, narrow that stance to shoulder width centered on the board and practice practice practice. I notice on my artifact it's actually a little easier to butter it when the stance is narrower. When I first got it I set it up really wide just to see what it would be like and it was horrible not to mention the fact I looked like one of those little rats with their pants around their ankles and their fucking retarded looking bandannas. When I narrowed it I got more pop from my ollies and it was much easier to manual. Good luck and think before you type.
ya thanks for the info on the stance ill probably do that when i get my artifact and i know im kinda a noob but im not lying about being able to boardslide and 360 there really not that hard of tricks, its not like i said i could fs boardslide down an urban rail i can only do them on smaller park rails and boxes and i never said i couldnt manuel i was talking about doing presses on boxes and rails not on flatground
04-24-2009 11:52 AM
technine42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedy J View Post
...but you can't do presses?!
no i can do presses but i just started to learn how to do them towards the end of this season.
04-24-2009 09:51 AM
DC5R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Right View Post
Dude I just took the time to read all your posts on this forum and if I was you I would probably just sit back and read for a while, do some searching, soak in everything you read and post after that. You are going to get torn to shreds trying to tell everyone you can 360 off anything and boardslide anything but can't pull a simple manual on flat ground. Don't bullshit a forum full of bullshitters because we aren't buying it. Everyone here started as a newb sometime.
Busted
04-24-2009 08:04 AM
Mr. Right
Quote:
Originally Posted by technine42 View Post
I have the technine jib classic board with technine athletic pro bindings and their horrible bindings and break easily but i was just wondering if this board is stiff or if the bindings could be affecting the stiffness and i also have a pretty wide stance and i dont know if that affects it in a good or bad way?
Dude I just took the time to read all your posts on this forum and if I was you I would probably just sit back and read for a while, do some searching, soak in everything you read and post after that. You are going to get torn to shreds trying to tell everyone you can 360 off anything and boardslide anything but can't pull a simple manual on flat ground. Don't bullshit a forum full of bullshitters because we aren't buying it. Everyone here started as a newb sometime.

I ride an Artifact and although it's soft as hell it won't save your life if you can't butter. You still have to know how to butter period. I spent a lot of time practicing this winter and now when I hop on one of my all mountain boards I can still do it almost as well, it's just a little more difficult. Keep your board, narrow that stance to shoulder width centered on the board and practice practice practice. I notice on my artifact it's actually a little easier to butter it when the stance is narrower. When I first got it I set it up really wide just to see what it would be like and it was horrible not to mention the fact I looked like one of those little rats with their pants around their ankles and their fucking retarded looking bandannas. When I narrowed it I got more pop from my ollies and it was much easier to manual. Good luck and think before you type.
04-24-2009 07:53 AM
VinXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Any binding with a wide chasis is going to effect the flex. It takes up a lot of surface area and widens the dead spot under foot. Also it could just be that you don't know how to press or you're trying to be so cool with your fucking gaytasticly wide stance it's impeding your ability to press a deck.

Hahaha ya.... put the gangsta shit in the back seat, grow up outta technine and stop worrying about trying to be so fuckin cool and you just MIGHT be able to ride a board that performs.
04-24-2009 07:16 AM
laz167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technine Icon View Post
Hahaha, unfortunately this stereotype is all to common and i'm getting really sick of it. I think it's time that everyone just minded their own business and forgot about what other people are wearing or how they're riding. Sadly, this is just a dream of mine because in reality snowboarding has now become more about fashion and less about just shredding.
Best post ever. To many people stereotyping the gear. As for T9 bindings I can vouche for the kid they are poorly made and tend to fall apart if you dont keep an eye on them.
04-23-2009 11:19 PM
Seedy J
Quote:
Originally Posted by technine42 View Post
i basically can just 360 off kickers and fs boardslide and regular boardslide and noseslide
...but you can't do presses?!
04-23-2009 07:07 PM
technine42 ya technine icon your half right about what you said im not that good at riding ive only been riding for a season and i just started to learn how to press i basically can just 360 off kickers and fs boardslide and regular boardslide and noseslide, i was just wondering about how much softer the artifact would be than the jib because ive never rode a different board than the technine jib, and these techine bindings i have actually do suck the first day i got them the buckle on the toe strap broke and in the middle of the season the baseplate cover the screws to the board broke off. And the only reason i am buying new gear is cause i got everything for extrememly cheap and i couldnt pass up the deal cause i could just turnaround and sell the artifact and make at least 50$ of it, and my technine board is pretty beat up.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome