|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|03-05-2014 05:19 PM|
FS: RARE 2008 Burton Alpha 151cm (used)
Women's 2008 Burton Alpha 151cm, used, in very good shape.
Medium-stuff, traditional camber, true twin.
Located in Boston; can meet up, or can ship for additional $25.
Asking $100 OBO.
See photos here.
Post reply here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have a 2008 Burton Alpha (151cm) from the brief B by Burton series.
This series was released for only 2 years, so these boards are super rare and have a beautiful design that really stands out.
This is an all-mountain, medium-stiff traditional camber snowboard with a true twin shape designed to be an "all arounder." I bought it as a beginner ($450 new) and it has carried me all the way to being advanced, but I've switched to a rocker-hybrid profile.
Pros: Really great traction on ice; terrific stability at high speed; nice, satisfying carves; good pop on jumps and ollies
Cons: Sinks like a torpedo in deep powder. (But how often do I get to see that on the East Coast...)
- Used for five seasons (a total of about 45 days on the snow), but it's in fantastic shape (little park time) for its age.
- The camber profile is still curved like the day I bought it.
- The bottom has no gouges, just a few light scrapes from "thin cover" adventures.
- The edges have no nicks or gouges, and I had it tuned about 3 weeks ago. There is some light rusting on the tip and tail.
- The top sheet, which is a unique leather-like texture, has some light fraying on the edges, and some cosmetic rubbing damage from mounting bindings. (Of course this is hidden when you put your bindings on it.)
- There is a stomp pad placed near the rear binding.
- Burton's "Infinite Ride" technology promises 100+ days of riding, so this board has at least a few more years in it.
- I have used it only 3 days after its last tuning, so you get another $20+ of value there.
Purchasing info: I'm located in Boston, and willing to meet up in New England. I can also ship anywhere in the continental 48 for $25 additional.
Asking price: $100 OBO. (That's 78% off retail for a board in VERY good condition!)
Dogfunk's product page for this snowboard (incorrectly listed as 2007 model)
Crazy Snowboarder's product page for this snowboard