|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|03-26-2014 06:34 PM|
|mhaas||Thanks for posting that Lamps. It was an interesting article.|
|03-20-2014 02:24 PM|
I just received an AK 2L Swash jacket from Burton yesterday, from warranty.
A couple of notes about this jacket...
- It's the continuation of the Stagger series with various upgrades...
- Addition of inner wrist-gaiters (I personally love these, as they are snug and great for integration with glove/mitt cuffs)
- New waist gaiter draw string - to tighten up the mid-section
- New primaloft insulation - lighter yet more supple than the insulation found in the older stagger jackets
- The laminate also feels different to the touch... I have the TIDE colorway which features the Ripstop 2-layer...it feels more resilient to the touch but I guess only time will tell how well it will stand up.
- Styling is updated a bit
Overall, I think Burton made some significant upgrades on the Swash model. Their warranty department came through without any hassle, and its more than what I can ask for from any apparel manufacturer. Quite satisfied.
|03-19-2014 05:12 PM|
Originally Posted by koi View Post
|03-19-2014 04:41 PM|
Originally Posted by Unowned View Post
|03-19-2014 03:48 PM|
Originally Posted by Evizzle View Post
|03-19-2014 11:05 AM|
|jliu||^that was a long but very interesting read.|
|03-19-2014 07:30 AM|
|Lamps||Gore-Tex Under Siege from Waterproof Fabric Newcomers | Outdoor Gear - Equipment Reviews and Articles | OutsideOnline.com|
|03-19-2014 06:43 AM|
I don't know if someone mentioned this point, but Goretex isn't always made by Goretex. Often Goretex just sets parameters for Oakley, North Face, or whoever they are working with must follow to get the Gortex name on a productůso yes not all Goretex is the same.
Outside did an article on it awhile back explaining how Goretex is hell for most companies to deal with, and why many companies are making "Goretex," similar products instead.
|03-18-2014 10:42 PM|
|Evizzle||The difference between buying in sale from an authorized dealer is you know it's not gray market, and you get a warranty. Buying used, from eBay or Craigslist, even if packaged as new means you are not entitled to a warranty unless specifically spelled out by the company that it is transferable. So much stuff from a major brand is after hours production/gray market goods that they are losing their reputation as a quality company. I'll let you decide who I'm talking about.|
|03-15-2014 09:49 PM|
Originally Posted by Incogneato View Post
2) who cares whether I bought it off cl or not? The jacket was brand new with tags, with receipt. I didn't buy a half-beaten used jacket. Now, if someone buys it at a discount from a RETAILER, should he not receive the same benefits as someone who bought it at msrp? So exactly how does that make me different? Where should the line be drawn? Who are you to say what's fair and isn't?
3) How much do you think it costs Burton to produce these jackets? They're made in China and you can bulk buy them off alibaba for $100 a piece. Whatever I'm paying, I guarantee you, will cover the production cost of at least 2, maybe 3 jackets. Just who the fuck do you think is profiting from all of this, the salvation army? Get your head out of the gutter man.
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|