|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|11-29-2012 07:04 PM|
|SteadyHigh||I got a 160 burton Sherlock. It's a completely diffrent board then the trice. But exactly what I needed. Super fun in powder and very playful.|
|11-29-2012 06:42 PM|
|goyo||What did you end up getting?|
|11-29-2012 06:38 PM|
I thought my last years trice hp edition was extremely stiff. It was amazing for something's but for an all mountian it wasn't what I wanted.
I ended up buying a softer board Half way through and was very happy I did
|11-29-2012 05:58 PM|
|cc898||For what you want to do deff go T.Rice. If you were comparing the Flag....that is a different story.|
|11-29-2012 04:23 PM|
|Brainwashed||Ahh... I gotcha now. I didn't realize someone would feel that a board was too wide for their feet. Thanks for explaining that!|
|11-29-2012 04:14 PM|
Originally Posted by Brainwashed View Post
|11-29-2012 11:22 AM|
Originally Posted by BFBF View Post
Question: What does "WW" mean? Is that "waist width"? If you wear a size 9, which fits comfortably on the medium-wide Rice, why would you sell it due to it's waist width? I think the Jones Twin is actually narrower than the Rice when I was looking at the two boards, but maybe I'm wrong on that?
|11-13-2012 12:22 AM|
|Mackie||BFBF thanks a ton!! Pretty much everything I needed to know. Still don't have an easy decision to make.|
|11-12-2012 02:17 PM|
Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
I had a 161.5 Rice 2 years ago and own the jones mt twin 159 from ly.
- jones is softer and easier to press... The TRICE is noticeably stiffer of the 2.
- MTX is more aggressive on the TRICE.
- Edge to edge Jones is faster due to WW and excels at short quick turns
- Pop is similar
- TRICE is a hell of alot faster.
- Rocker profiles are different( I prefer the jones).
- Both hold great edge in all conditions.
- TRICE is a true twin and jones is a directional twin
- both ride decent in powder.
- Both are considered all mt but the Jones is a little more freestyle capable due to it's softer flex.
- Jones could be different this year but I haven't looked at the specs.( I think it's now setback stance)
- I'd get rice if i was going to ride more aggressive lines, resort stuff jones.( I sold me rice due to WW as I wear a 9 boot) off the top of my head the WW on the 161.5 rice is 260 which should work for you.
That's all i can think of right now.. off to work.
|11-11-2012 11:15 PM|
Ya It will be my first time for Revy. Looking forward to it. I don't really care for the graphic on the T Rice. But I cant stand the pro version haha. Wish I could get the attack banana graphic on the Pro model.
Anyone have any input for the Jones??
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|