|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|03-04-2014 03:29 PM|
Short video contest w/ great prizes
Show Us How You Know the Snow
Cross-Border Collaboration Aims at Avalanche Safety for Resort Riders
A unique partnership between US and Canadian avalanche safety organizations is issuing a challenge to skiers and snowboarders: Make a 4-minute video that shows the proper preparation for riding beyond resort boundaries and submit it between now and Mar 24.
Show us what happens before you hit your favorite powder stash, using your camera to tell the story about how you and your crew get ready to explore beyond the resort boundary and you’ve got a great chance to win some amazing prizes.
The videos will be posted on Vimeo and promoted by GoPro and other partners. The final winner will be determined by a combination of most views and an expert panel. Prizes include:
• A two-day trip for two at Monashee Powder Snowcats in the snowbelt of BC’s interior
• Two-day Gold Passes to any resort in the United States
• A BCA Float 22 pack
• A GoProHero 3+ black edition
• Gear from backcountry.com
The winning videos will be announced by the end of March. Our goal is to simplify what’s involved in avalanche terrain preparation. To keep the momentum going, the project will continue through next season with expert editing help from Sherpas Cinema. A final highlight reel will be created with the best video submissions and broadcast at ski events and major retailers starting in November, 2014.
The organizations involved in this project:
• American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education
• Canadian Avalanche Centre
• Colorado Avalanche Information Center
• Northwest Avalanche Center
• Snowsports Industries of America
• Utah Avalanche Center
For more details on the contest, go to | Know the Snow