|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|03-25-2014 03:24 PM|
Originally Posted by nolimits View Post
* Faster than your board: just get a Sintered base and wax it regularly. Most sintered are fast enough, adequate waxing is what makes the big difference.
* Quick edging: I would say anything with some camber, if it's got carbon stringers all the better.
* Not noodly: Anything past 5/10 flex; also the stringers help. Camber underfoot is really good, and so is flat camber.
* Holds a good edge on hardpack: anything with Magnetraction; camber and flat camber underfoot are also decent.
* Relatively floaty: Flat camber is really good. Also anything with some rocker, especially on the nose. Stiffer than 6/10.
It seems the rocker/flat/rocker Rome mod fits the bill...... but I wouldnt say it has better value than the Custom. They cost almost the same price, and I really don't think Rome makes anything of better quality or tech than Burton, espcially if you want EST bindings.
More boards to consider (although they aren't exactly 'park' boards):
|03-25-2014 02:43 PM|
Go for it
|03-25-2014 01:46 PM|
I bought one but unfortunately my season is over and i haven't gotten to ride it yet.
Check out the review on angrysnowboarder.com (Burton Avenger's site). He gave it a good review.
I own/owned few Rome boards and I really like their FreePop Rocker (R/F/R) profile. I still have the Garage Rocker and used to own the Postermania which is supposed to be a softer version of the Mod Rocker. I wanted to get a stiffer/damper board with that profile and that was the reason I bought it.
|03-24-2014 02:50 PM|
Thoughts on the Rome Mod Rocker?
I currently ride an older 2008 Gnu Carbon High Beam. This was before it had magnetraction and BTX, so it's just a regular camber board.
I want a board that is:
I would consider myself a intermediate-advanced rider, finally getting comfortable with doing all black runs this past season.
I understand that the Mod Rocker is also a park board which I haven't done as much but will likely try to get into it. I mostly stay on groomers with some occasional short trees runs.
I was going to grab Burton Custom board to help me progress further in the next season but I heard good things about the Rome Mod Rocker and that it was better value for the money so I was wondering what your thoughts are. Would this board be too advanced for me?