Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - Reply to Topic
Thread: The Official Michigan Winter Thread Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
12-01-2016 01:37 PM
david_z That's about what I figured for this weekend based on what I heard about Boyne Mountain. Nubs and Highlands had the snow reserved to last thru this week. Cold temps mid-week next, so hopefully we'll be good to go after that.
12-01-2016 12:05 PM
sabatoa Weekend outlook;

Boyne Mountain and all points south: Closed
Boyne Highlands and Nubs Nob: Open
Ski Brule (UP): Open

NEXT Weekend could be relatively good. John Dee is calling 8-12" for the NWLP between December 5th and 10th and they'll be blowing snow on top of that.
11-27-2016 02:31 PM
david_z Nubs had a lot more snow than Highlands. I think both resorts can weather the weather thru one more weekend, although the Boyne might be stretched pretty thin and might not make it
but beyond that everyone will need help from mother nature in the form of colder Temps and/or snowfall.
11-27-2016 11:12 AM
sabatoa Well Mother Nature, you stink.

Banked my weekend on the fact that Holly would be open Saturday and the rain and warmth were too much so I only had the one day up at Highlands. Got a lot of laps in and started easing my way onto some side stuff. My board is like a different ride now, feels more solid and stiffer than it was in the last few seasons. Tail presses require some technique instead of just throwing my weight at it lol.

Next weekend isn't looking great, places everywhere might be closed, but the following should have some places up north open.
11-23-2016 11:55 PM
david_z see you at Nub's.
11-23-2016 10:00 PM
sabatoa Okay, this is my final decision-

Friday I'm hitting Nubs, even if Dave can't make it I'll have my brother there so the drive won't be so bad.
Saturday I'm going to Holly if they're open. BIG if. Leo is a lock for that too assuming they open.
11-23-2016 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
yeah I'm teetering towards nubs right now...
Yeah, I'm working the wife over right now.


So she's being lame so no overnights for me. This is annoying.
11-23-2016 04:04 PM
david_z yeah I'm teetering towards nubs right now...
11-23-2016 03:22 PM
chomps1211 Oh FFS!! They're getting snow up in Harbor Springs, but here it's gonna be Rain & above freezing temps for today & tomorrow! Hard to geek out @ the prodpect of riding a thin layer of crowded slush Sat.

Nubs & Highlands sure are looking better & better. But I'm also with @david_z,... That's a lot of driving for only a couple of runs open.
11-23-2016 10:14 AM
david_z Nub's has snow in forecast today and tomorrow. not much but better than nothing. I'm not super keen to drive that far but not totally ruling it out
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome