Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - Reply to Topic
Thread: what size board do i get? Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 
   

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
04-07-2008 04:19 PM
NickNorth11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedition View Post
Not quite. If you ACTUALLY do the research, you'll see that people making this claim have no basis for it, and normally are just repeating the same misinformation they have heard from other people. Since you apprentlly have not done the rsearch, I have done it for you. Please read post #4 of this thread and then come back and talk to me about the matter.
First, don't be a dick. Their gear is expensive as hell. Go to burton's website and look at the first outerwear setup on the page. Pants + jacket = $1100, the second setup is $850, the third is $670, etc.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sedition View Post
Also, since Burton has such % of the market, it would make perfect sense that you would hear more about their boards having issues than someone like Never Summer, for the simple reason that a VAST number of more poeople actully own Burton decks than Never Summer (or Stepchild, Santa Cruz, Sims, Rome, etc)
I posted what I saw here in other posts, so I can't substantiate it. However, I didn't mean to imply they had a higher percentage of manufacturer defects of the total market, but rather per capita.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sedition View Post
Right. And we all know that just because a mere "noob" is decked out in Burton gear, then that is the only reason the "cool" kids should not consider Burton products.
Fair, but we all have our preferences. I already said I would buy burton if the price was right, but it never is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sedition View Post
Almost everyone that has a problem with large corporations doing bad things. Try using The Google. You'll find lots.
Well, like I said, we all have our preferences, but I've yet to hear of anyone voicing anything negative about Nike.
04-07-2008 02:23 PM
sedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNorth11 View Post
I disagree! Check the prices of a burton board and a comparable board of a different brand and you'll see why people bash burton.
Not quite. If you ACTUALLY do the research, you'll see that people making this claim have no basis for it, and normally are just repeating the same misinformation they have heard from other people. Since you apprentlly have not done the rsearch, I have done it for you. Please read post #4 of this thread and then come back and talk to me about the matter.

Quote:
I've also seen posts about burton having a higher rate of factory fuck-ups
I have seen posts that claim Bush is a great president, too. If you can provided substantial and verifiable evidnece of your claim, then I will believe you. Until then, I'll believe what I have seen with my own eyes. And that has been very few people having issues with their boards. Also, since Burton has such % of the market, it would make perfect sense that you would hear more about their boards having issues than someone like Never Summer, for the simple reason that a VAST number of more poeople actully own Burton decks than Never Summer (or Stepchild, Santa Cruz, Sims, Rome, etc)

Quote:
and posts about noobs being burtoned out from head to toe cuz that's what's cool.
Right. And we all know that just because a mere "noob" is decked out in Burton gear, then that is the only reason the "cool" kids should not consider Burton products.

Quote:
Who the hell bashes Nike anyway?
Almost everyone that has a problem with large corporations doing bad things. Try using The Google. You'll find lots.
04-07-2008 01:55 PM
NickNorth11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedition View Post
Burton makes great boards. There is no real reason to stay away from them. People just say that because it's "cool" to bash the Nike of the snowboard world.
I disagree! Check the prices of a burton board and a comparable board of a different brand and you'll see why people bash burton. I've also seen posts about burton having a higher rate of factory fuck-ups and posts about noobs being burtoned out from head to toe cuz that's what's cool. (We all know that's true, too). Personally, I'd buy burton gear just as quickly as I'd buy anything else if the price was right, but, unfortunately, it never is.

Who the hell bashes Nike anyway?
04-07-2008 01:30 PM
sedition Burton makes great boards. There is no real reason to stay away from them. People just say that because it's "cool" to bash the Nike of the snowboard world.

As for size, it depends on the manufacture. Look at their suggested weight ranges for a given deck, and that will give you guidelines. They vary from company to company. Thus while Brand X may say your in the 150-155 range, Brand Y may say 155-160.
04-07-2008 12:24 PM
NickNorth11 It's hard to specify a size w/o knowing the exact board you're looking at. Yes, for freestyle you would typically get a slightly shorter board, but you want to make sure you're w/i the perameters of the board you're looking at.
04-07-2008 11:37 AM
latemp
what size board do i get?

i'm bout to invest in my 1st snowboard. i've been looking into wide freestyle boards because i want a twin tip so i can learn to use both feet and i wear a size 12. i am about 5'11 and weigh about 185. i've been looking at a lot of charts that put me right around a 160 or somewhere around that size, but i've also seen that on some introduction sites they say freestyle boards generally size down a little bit. so around what size do yall think i need? i've been seeing a lot of discount sites because its off season so been looking at k2, nitro, rome and forum boards. so far people have told me to stay away from the burton wide freestlye ones. what do yal think?

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome