|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|08-31-2012 04:24 AM|
Well, I saw the sun for the first time in three days today, at Perisher. A couple of days of gale force winds and snow brought a morning of freshies this morning on Mt P.
I did the short hike from Summit to the top of Mt. Blue Cow a few times to grab some wind-blown powder this afternoon. I took these shots while I was up there:
|03-06-2012 09:02 PM|
|SamKatz||So early bird prices are on sale for new zealand resorts and some of them are ending soon. Anyone planning on getting one?? I'm leaning towards cardrona right now and basing myself in Wanaka...but I'm down for suggestions!!|
|02-26-2012 09:45 PM|
One of our customers posted this amazing video of their heli-skiing experience. Heli-skiing in New Zealand is breathtaking!
|02-26-2012 08:18 AM|
|Aussie_boarder||Does any 1 know why alpure peaks wasnt running last year? any idea if they will be doing the 2012 season?? would love to give it a go|
|07-13-2011 06:22 PM|
|fattrav||Ugh, the High Noon Express on Turoa has had damage to it again. Head of the tower got mangled when some ice releasing from the cable made the cable whip.|
|07-08-2011 01:04 AM|
We just put together this step-by-step chain fitting tutorial if anyone is interested. Presented by Boardworld and www.stmonline.com.au
|07-03-2011 07:49 PM|
We're giving away more than $20,000 in prizes on Boardworld this season. Here's our annual photography contest, supported by Transfer Snowboard Magazine. For more contests and promos please click the link below.
For more contests and promotions CLICK HERE
Welcome to the 2011 Southern Hemisphere Photography Contest!
This season we are giving away more than $5,000 in prizes for the Photography Contest.
CATEGORIES FOR 2011:
Photographer of the Season: Goes to the best and most consistent photographer in the contest.
Most Improved Photographer: To enter this category you have to go to the Most Improved Photographer Thread.
Photo of the Season - Action: Awarded for the best action photo in the contest.
Photo of the Season - Landscape: Awarded for the best landscape photo in the contest.
Best Photo Editing: Awarded for the best edited photo of the season. If you are entering this category, you must state so when you post the photo. You must also use the Boardworld logo in your photo. Click here to download the logo. We are looking for the best editing with the greatest creativity.
Photographer of the Season: $1500 in prizes of your choice, including a F-stop Guru Backpack with ICU from F-stop Australia. The winner will be given an opportunity to work with Transfer Snowboard Magazine, including work on a photo shoot plus the opportunity to be mentored by some of the best in the business.
Most Improved Photographer: $1000 in prizes of your choice, including a F-stop Guru Backpack with ICU from F-stop Australia. The winner will also receive a two year subscription to Transfer Snowboard Magazine.
Action Photo of the Season: $1000 in prizes of your choice.
Landscape Photo of the Season: $1000 in prizes of your choice.
Best Photo Editing: $500 in prizes of your choice.
HOW TO ENTER:
FULL DETAILS OVER HERE
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Entries must be from the current 2011 Southern Hemisphere snow season.
- Winners must provide the original photos for proof of date taken.
- You can enter the same photos in this contest and the Most Improved Photographer contest. We are running the Most Improved Photographer contest as a separate contest.
- The Photographer of the Season can also win either Landscape or Action Photo of the Season.
- The photographer must be a registered member. Only the photographer can enter their photos.
- A maximum of two entries, per photographer, per day. You may enter two photo every day.
- We will be picking two weekly winners every Monday and the photos will be published on the homepage.
- The contest will run from June 10th, 2011, until the end of the season (date to be announced).
- All winning photos will be chosen by a panel of industry judges.
- The photographer always maintains rights over the photo.
- We prefer if you do not use a watermark. Just type the credits below the photo and we will all give credit to the photographer. If you must use a watermark, please make it small and put it in the bottom right corner of the photo.
If you have any questions or need help posting photos, feel free to contact us: info(at)boardworld.com.au
Good luck! :shaka:
Winners will be able to choose prizes from our 2011 sponsors...
|06-23-2011 04:48 AM|
|fattrav||Snowing on Ruapehu at the moment|
|06-22-2011 03:06 AM|
Originally Posted by Officer Shred View Post
Hope you guys are making the most of your fresh pow!
|06-22-2011 01:02 AM|
50cm in the last 24 hours at Perisher! Looking good!
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|