|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|11-12-2012 04:32 AM|
|Edge||Wide Custom with Cartels. As for size, I'm not the best person to answer by far.|
|11-12-2012 03:48 AM|
I'll decade what board I'll get when I'm in the shop. According to all posts, I guess whatever board I get it will be fun ride.
|11-09-2012 11:33 AM|
I think you need a wide version for your foot size, but it might depend a bit on your stance. There's a good article on this that hopefully someone else will post on how to measure to determine this. Or if you can go the shop and mount the bindings and boots you can check.
As far as camber vs not camber some people have predefined views on this, in which case I'd say pick what you prefer (this doesn't seem to be the case).
If you ride someplace that's often icy I'd lean towards camber for better edge hold.
You say you want 'to have fun with the board' - this sounds to me like you'd enjoy the looser, skatey feel of the flying V, especially if you tend to have softer snow as opposed to hardpack icy groomers.
Burotn Demo days are your friend if you can get to one.
|11-09-2012 11:28 AM|
1. You will definitely need the wide version of either board
2. From the info you gave I would suggest the Burton Custom would be your best option. It will give you more precise turning/carving around trees, etc. The Flying V will be more playful and loose but will not be as good for just hard charging the mountain
3. I would also suggest you get the 158W in either board you decide
4. For what you are wanting to do definitely go with the Cartel EST bindings
But again like everything else it comes down to personal preference. Both boards are great just a little different riding style
|11-09-2012 10:35 AM|
Burton Custom or Flying V?
Hi. After research and reading forum threats, it comes to these two decks. My mind is torn between Burton Custom and Burton Flying V snowboards.
- 85-90 kg (187-198 lb) of weight,
- 186 cm (6.1 foot) height,
- 46 (11.5) foot size and have Thirty Two Lashed 2012 model,
- Want to use the board for: 10% parks, 10% powder, the rest for the down the tracks and between trees. I want to have fun with the board. Most of mounties I go don't have proper parks so most of the riding is on the tracks... not much powder also.
My questions are / need help over:
1. I guess I'll need the W (wide) version of the board?
2. What board do you suggest for my profile?
3. What size should I get? 158W, 162W or 165W?
4. Which bindings should I get? The Malavita EST or the Cartel EST?
Thanks for the help and tips,