Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - Reply to Topic
Thread: Has anyone rode the Flow NX2-AT? Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 
   

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
12-07-2012 12:12 AM
t21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
Feels good on the knees and ankles. I think it's a 2.5 cant. Definitely Ito able and nice for all mountain riding..... Canting makes it slightly harder to flex out your board on hard pack/park.
ok thanks. one dumb question,when you say "hard to flex on hardpack/park" what do you mean by that?
12-06-2012 11:43 PM
Argo Feels good on the knees and ankles. I think it's a 2.5 cant. Definitely Ito able and nice for all mountain riding..... Canting makes it slightly harder to flex out your board on hard pack/park.
12-06-2012 09:02 PM
t21 Hey Argo, how's the canting bed working out for you? i'm more of a freerider but i do some small jumps of natural features. since i'm old, i just wanted to know if they help out a lot. thanks
12-06-2012 01:39 AM
Argo I have 24 days on my nx2-at. They are great. I'm thinking of getting some se's for my other board with my fives on them.... This is my 7th year on flows and I can get my fives pretty damn tight, the nx2 design just makes it slightly easier on entry and exit, especially on bindings that aren't broken in yet......
12-06-2012 01:27 AM
Nivek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
A buddy of mine bought a pair of SEs, because he really likes the idea of a toe strap. He's only tried it out once so far, and his major complain was not that the toe strap required improvement, but rather the fact that it slowed down the entire "quick entry" process.

He noted that almost every time he strapped in, a little bit of fidgeting was required to get the straps to sit where he wanted them. Once strapped in though he said they were very comfortable and responsive, with no pressure points.
Tell him to try loosening the toe strap like a click. Might help to get it in the right position first try.
12-06-2012 01:03 AM
Solitaire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoslap View Post
Seems like the AT vs SE argument boils down to how well the new hybrid system toe-strap is working out? The traditional straps speak for themselves but a review on REI says that the SE 2 strap system still needs improvements...
A buddy of mine bought a pair of SEs, because he really likes the idea of a toe strap. He's only tried it out once so far, and his major complain was not that the toe strap required improvement, but rather the fact that it slowed down the entire "quick entry" process.

He noted that almost every time he strapped in, a little bit of fidgeting was required to get the straps to sit where he wanted them. Once strapped in though he said they were very comfortable and responsive, with no pressure points.
12-06-2012 12:33 AM
tatoslap Seems like the AT vs SE argument boils down to how well the new hybrid system toe-strap is working out? The traditional straps speak for themselves but a review on REI says that the SE 2 strap system still needs improvements...
10-14-2012 07:49 PM
Kurver I got a pair of nx2-ats a few weeks ago and have been dying to put them on. Unfortunately my boots are in VT and I'm stuck in CT. Although some of the mid-VT mountains have started getting/making snow so I'm hoping I'll have a chance to ride in the next month or so, even if it is a white ribbon of death setup.
10-14-2012 07:15 PM
Solitaire
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
My buddy rode the new strap and he felt it was a completely different feel. He thought it pulled the boot better and that the bindings felt more responsive.

I don't think they redesigned the power strap but they did add the new ratchets which are even better than the last redesign on the ratchets. They are super smooth and much easier to use. The larger release tab is awesome and even the bigger ratchet tab.

I'm sure others will chime in its only 8am on a Sunday most people may still be sauced from last night....
My local Flow rep essentially said the same thing - the new hybrid strap really locks your boot into the binding, and is meant for those individuals who have been asking to ride Flows really tight.

I ended up going with the ATs, mainly because I have become wary of early adopting brand new tech...although if the reviews are good this year I might just buy a new hybrid strap and Frankenstein it onto the ATs
10-14-2012 10:46 AM
slyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Slyder, have you done any carpet boarding yet or are you still being lazy/ in denial you have them since you can't really board yet?
Your killing me, haven't pulled them from the box. I really should but I'm too lazy & busy to un-mount my old gear then mount the new bindings.

Plus I was kinda waiting for the whole setup as kinda present to myself. Nothing like putting together a new toy to play with. Like getting a new toy with no batteries. Looks cool and awesome but doesn't play well.

Family been commanding all my time lately too. House projects, kid broke his hand, life in general. I've got a some time yet, I'll do a video to make it up to you for the long wait
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome