|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|12-08-2012 10:09 PM|
Yeah, I ollied over it on accident on my first attempt. To describe the rail itself, it was a flat rail, about three inches wide. It was possible to ride-on, but it would shoot you in the air if you hit the front of the rail. But now I am getting the concept of just commitment. I speed checked way to much initially and then bombed the rest. Counter-intuitive, and I was staring at my feet... lol. I now have a point to begin with on monday...
Also, bonus to the Honey Badger clip. Honey Badger doesn't give a shit.
|12-08-2012 08:09 PM|
|12-08-2012 04:28 PM|
|12-08-2012 04:13 PM|
Why are you worried? Honey Badger don't give a shit!:
|12-08-2012 02:37 PM|
All of this is extremely helpful. The problems I was/am having are:
Watching my feet, and I have a hard time telling myself I can "make the gap" in my head. Ollie-ing itself is difficult for me... I have a lot of heel lifting in my boots...
|12-08-2012 11:05 AM|
I like to approach maybe a board's width or so to the side of the rail and just before the takeoff i make a quick setup turn and point myself a narrow angle maybe 20-30 degrees towards the feature, pop off the lip, don't look at where you're want to land look at where you're going to dismount the rail (so, at the end or beyond), there's a tiny adjustment in the air, to keep yourself from continuing on that angled approach (and hence sliding off the rail to the side).
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Yep as others have said look to the end of the feature (or even beyond it) this keeps you upright and balanced, as opposed to what might be your instinct to look down between your feet to make sure you're locking on, but you'll *feel* whether you locked or not.
If you don't *feel* it, and you'll know what this feels like if you're already comfortable on rails, you're off-center or off balance or whatever there's like a 1% chance you'll be able to correct it and about a 99% chance you'll end up eating shit if you try, so it's best to just let it roll and dismount gracefully.
|12-08-2012 10:16 AM|
|Edge||Commit commit and more commit. As soon as you olly on, look towards the end of the rail and don't try correct any mistakes. If you slide off, wait until you aren't touching the rail and then secure your landing. Keep your weight centered and DON'T use edges!|
|12-08-2012 10:05 AM|
Committing is the biggest thing, in my opinion. You can't chicken out half way through. As another user suggested, make sure you can Ollie well. This may be better practiced on rollers in the terrain so you don't have to worry about clipping the rail.
|12-08-2012 08:39 AM|
|SHREDDER97||First of all commit! Make sure when you hop onto the rail you look to the end of the rail. If you look t your feet you will bail.|
|12-08-2012 06:29 AM|
|slyder||Are you 50/50'ing or boardslides? The approach is the same but i think learning to 50/50 first is easiest, just me.|
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|