Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - Reply to Topic
Thread: New boarder Looking for a new Board Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 
   

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
04-04-2013 10:54 AM
Jace
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwolcott View Post
Thank You all for the Replies. Very Helpful I am now looking more towards the Proto. There is a real good deal on the LibTech Skate Banana. Any words on that.
Skate bananas are good but you might be happier with the proto. I have one. Where and how much was the skate banana?
04-04-2013 09:58 AM
midnightcaper I don't know who makes it but I got it from wiredsport.
04-03-2013 05:25 PM
flatlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightcaper View Post
Hello there from one newb to another this was my first season also. I'm 5'9 205 and my first purchase was a camp 7 Valdez 159. So far I've been very happy with the board it's a all mountain and rides switch very well plus has a 3 year warranty and fairly cheap in price. Just another option to look at if ya want.
Whoa whoa...camp7 makes snowboards now? I have a couple of legendary 70's Camp7 sleeping bags that were handed down as a family heirloom... Apparently, the old 70's bags are still highly sought after by ultralight camping enthusiasts. I remember reading somewhere that the genius behind the original company sold it and moved on a looong time ago. Weird to think they're making snowboards now...

edit: oh, it's a lamar board. that figures...
edit2: the new camp7 company has no relation to the old one... http://www.oregonphotos.com/Alp-Sport1.html
04-03-2013 04:16 PM
midnightcaper Hello there from one newb to another this was my first season also. I'm 5'9 205 and my first purchase was a camp 7 Valdez 159. So far I've been very happy with the board it's a all mountain and rides switch very well plus has a 3 year warranty and fairly cheap in price. Just another option to look at if ya want.
04-03-2013 12:08 PM
d2cycles I have a NS SL and Proto and have ridden them back to back on the same day. The SL is noticably stiffer...feels like a 6 or 7 to me if a Proto is a 5. IMO - the SL is easy to ride switch...the Proto is more confidence inspiring switch.

To the OP: The SL and Proto are both great boards...you would be very happy with either of them. I have 8 boards and if I had to sell all and only keep one it would be a tough choice between my GNU Billy Goat and NS Proto. Both are just better than anything else I have ridden. Proto is better in the park and the goat is better on the glades and steeps. It would be a tough choice.
04-03-2013 11:55 AM
Mel M Just chiming in my 2 cents here...

I attempted to ride switch my first year out and I'm still trying to get better at it. I've predominately ridden a Never Summer SL and tried my friends board which was a true twin, mid stiff board with no setback. I'll tell you right now... I felt a pretty big difference. His board was definitely a bit easier to do it on. I believe the setback has as much to do with making it a little more difficult turn as the shape of the board itself.

More advanced riders may find that the Never Summer SL rides switch perfectly, but let's not forget the OP is just starting out. Sometimes we forget what it's like to be a beginner...
04-03-2013 11:31 AM
flatlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Did you actually read the thread? You are barking up the wrong tree here. After all, it was me who called for a stop of the back and forth with flatlander because - as I mentioned - it did not further the discussion or help the OP.

Did I attack flatlander's original statements? Absolutely, because they were bullshit and he was providing incorrect information and bad advice to the OP.
Did I turn this into a bilateral bitch-fest? No way.
It wasn't bullshit, and I've provided additional information in my subsequent posts to put context around my original statements. Even if it was bullshit as you suggest, my subsequent posts give the OP the context he needs to either accept or dismiss the info. Thanks to you for prompting me to elucidate my perspective for the OP... It's unfortunate that you decided to make this into an argument about who is right or wrong instead of a constructive conversation, and yep....you turned it into that. Call it a bi-lateral bitch-fest if you want, but it's really a one way street with all of the bitching on your side. All I've been doing is clarifying my position (right or wrong) for the benefit of anyone who reads the thread.
04-03-2013 04:50 AM
hktrdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Hound View Post
Wow, you're done? What's plain to see is that you attacked the guy for no good reason other than than he was trying to be helpful. Maybe the info wasn't a 100% accurate but, well, you're familiar with the internet right? The basic premise was sound and all you managed to achieve was a page of bitching like bitches. Which, well written as it was, will be of no use to the OP. At all.
Any skier looking for proof that snowboarding is no longer cool would only need to point at some of the posters here who's panties seem twisted tighter than a camel's sphincter in a sand storm. Not cool. Maybe get some pills something?
Did you actually read the thread? You are barking up the wrong tree here. After all, it was me who called for a stop of the back and forth with flatlander because - as I mentioned - it did not further the discussion or help the OP.

Did I attack flatlander's original statements? Absolutely, because they were bullshit and he was providing incorrect information and bad advice to the OP.
Did I turn this into a bilateral bitch-fest? No way.
04-03-2013 03:02 AM
Snow Hound
Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
So many words, so little content. You seem to keep this going just for the sake of having a debate. That is not helping the OP.
I have said my piece - plain for everybody to see. Unless you add anything of substance, I am done here.
Wow, you're done? What's plain to see is that you attacked the guy for no good reason other than than he was trying to be helpful. Maybe the info wasn't a 100% accurate but, well, you're familiar with the internet right? The basic premise was sound and all you managed to achieve was a page of bitching like bitches. Which, well written as it was, will be of no use to the OP. At all.
Any skier looking for proof that snowboarding is no longer cool would only need to point at some of the posters here who's panties seem twisted tighter than a camel's sphincter in a sand storm. Not cool. Maybe get some pills something?
04-02-2013 10:55 PM
hktrdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
Sorry dude, context does not change the literal meaning of your words. I didn't twist anything. We're gonna have to agree to disagree if you want to continue misrepresenting what you said.



Regarding your take on what's been 'established' around here, fair enough... I may be reconsidering my interest in the proto if this is true. However, I think the extra width of my legacy along with the traditional camber would probably make my old legacy feel a little different...not to mention other design changes in the last 5 years. As far as my "backtracking", go back and read what I said. I never said how much, and EVERYTHING we're talking about is within the context of 'all-mountain freestyle' (per OP's request) which implies relatively small differences in flex ratings.



You're quite correct, and it wasn't my intention to refute your point...only to provide account of first-hand experience that runs contrary to your opinion. The difference between you and me is that you're sharing an opinion and portend to know what everyone else is capable of perceiving. I'm sharing an experience based on my own recent history as a beginning snowboarder. Some of my experience may be imagined, but I leave it up the reader to take my account for what it is... You're just an opinion, and that's cool....everyone's got one... It's just...they all stink.
So many words, so little content. You seem to keep this going just for the sake of having a debate. That is not helping the OP.
I have said my piece - plain for everybody to see. Unless you add anything of substance, I am done here.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome