Need some assistance. Need some advice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Need some assistance. Need some advice

Alright....need some help with this here.

In about 2 weeks I'm flying out on a solo trip to Vermont. I plan to do 2 days of riding (Sat, Feb 22 and Sun, Feb 23). I already know I am going to Stowe on that Sunday. That much is in stone for me. But I can't decide if I should go to Sugarbush or Jay Peak on Saturday.

Little background...this is my 4th year riding. I'm pretty solid on blacks though not truly bombing yet. Trying to work my way to double blacks this year. But otherwise have good control. Never ridden any glades but interested in trying.

I've been to Sugarbush before but at the time I was still only riding blues and greens. Never been to Jay Peak. I'll be riding alone that weekend as well.

So which would you suggest I try?
Soul06 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 08:42 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
ksup3erb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Alright....need some help with this here.

In about 2 weeks I'm flying out on a solo trip to Vermont. I plan to do 2 days of riding (Sat, Feb 22 and Sun, Feb 23). I already know I am going to Stowe on that Sunday. That much is in stone for me. But I can't decide if I should go to Sugarbush or Jay Peak on Saturday.

Little background...this is my 4th year riding. I'm pretty solid on blacks though not truly bombing yet. Trying to work my way to double blacks this year. But otherwise have good control. Never ridden any glades but interested in trying.

I've been to Sugarbush before but at the time I was still only riding blues and greens. Never been to Jay Peak. I'll be riding alone that weekend as well.

So which would you suggest I try?
Which what?

At Sugarbush you'll want to go up Heavens Gate. Paradise trail is a favorite. And Castlerock lift if it's open. I don't know the Mt Ellen side that well but it looks to have more advanced trails as well.


EDIT: Jay Peak is known for its glades. If you go there I would get a guide/lesson. I wouldn't do unfamiliar glades alone.

Last edited by ksup3erb; 02-07-2014 at 08:45 AM.
ksup3erb is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 09:16 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NW NJ via NYC
Posts: 213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where are you staying? If you are staying in the burlington area I would do the Bush/Stowe combo. Are you planning to just grab a room where you go?

Personally, since its only 2 days and you have never been, I would just hit stowe both days. Then I'd plan a return trip to Jay.. and spend 2 days there but thats just me.
SnowRock is offline  
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksup3erb View Post
Which what?

At Sugarbush you'll want to go up Heavens Gate. Paradise trail is a favorite. And Castlerock lift if it's open. I don't know the Mt Ellen side that well but it looks to have more advanced trails as well.


EDIT: Jay Peak is known for its glades. If you go there I would get a guide/lesson. I wouldn't do unfamiliar glades alone.
I was honestly thinking that about the glades. I'm sure it would be better for me to not be alone. But I did read they had beginner and intermediate level glades for folks like me just getting started out in the trees.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRock View Post
Where are you staying? If you are staying in the burlington area I would do the Bush/Stowe combo. Are you planning to just grab a room where you go?

Personally, since its only 2 days and you have never been, I would just hit stowe both days. Then I'd plan a return trip to Jay.. and spend 2 days there but thats just me.

Staying in South Burlington. So it is about an even trip to all; Jay being about 30min further. Went last year and did Saturday/'Bush and Sunday/Stowe.

This will be, almost for certain, my only trip that far up in Vermont this season. So I am trying to get the most out of it hence the 2 resorts thing. Don't really have the time, or money, to get away like I would like to. I'm usually relegated to the southern VT resorts via bus trips.
Soul06 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome