Any ride clubs? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bertieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New England
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Any ride clubs?

Curious if there are any local clubs that offer ticket discounts and possibly lodging group rates etc. Located in CT, but usually go to MA for my day trips and more north for multi day trips.

Thanks!
Bertieman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member
 
surfinsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 1,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertieman View Post
Curious if there are any local clubs that offer ticket discounts and possibly lodging group rates etc. Located in CT, but usually go to MA for my day trips and more north for multi day trips.

Thanks!
I posted this to you the other day...Connecticut Ski Council. Local chapters all over the state, very cheap to join, lift tix always 50-60% off, and they do several bus trips every year, plus a couple of major outings out west or to Europe. I think the Rocky Hill only costs $10-15 to join. I belong to Meriden, $35. Either way it pays for itself the first time you buy a lift ticket (and Mount Snow is always $45, even on blackouts). Best deal going!
surfinsnow is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bertieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New England
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinsnow View Post
I posted this to you the other day...Connecticut Ski Council. Local chapters all over the state, very cheap to join, lift tix always 50-60% off, and they do several bus trips every year, plus a couple of major outings out west or to Europe. I think the Rocky Hill only costs $10-15 to join. I belong to Meriden, $35. Either way it pays for itself the first time you buy a lift ticket (and Mount Snow is always $45, even on blackouts). Best deal going!
I posted this prior to you informing me. I also inquired for more info to a few this past week and no one has answered me yet.
Bertieman is offline  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 01:53 PM
Veteran Member
 
surfinsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 1,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertieman View Post
I posted this prior to you informing me. I also inquired for more info to a few this past week and no one has answered me yet.
Most are winding down for the season. The Meriden chapter meets every Thursday, all year long. In the summer they doing mountain biking trips and barbecues and stuff. They're a lot more active than some of the others, which is why they charge more. This time of year they're usually doing a big tailgate party in the parking lot of Mt. Snow. Two busloads of people, lots of grills going, beer and wine. Everyone gets hammered then sleeps on the bus on the way home. Not sure if they already done their year-end party yet because of the weather. They stop issuing new memberships toward the end of the winter, then start up again in October.
surfinsnow is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bertieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New England
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Great info. I had no idea ski clubs went this far haha.

This is the website I've been plucking specific clubs from and have been emailing - SkiClub.com - Join A Ski Club in your Area

The New London clubs are closest to me. Old Saybrook would be my next choice
Bertieman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome