Mount snow this weekend?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern, NJ
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 3
Mount snow this weekend??

I have never been to Mount Snow but have heard a lot of good things. They open up on Saturday December 10th and I was thinking about day tripping it from Northern, NJ.

Has anyone ever been there? Does it get crazy crowded on the weekends?

I don't expect anything close to great conditions. I just do not want to wait on lift lines all day, especially if the conditions are pretty crappy.
Gangstatalk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Senior Member
 
lo0p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangstatalk View Post
I have never been to Mount Snow but have heard a lot of good things. They open up on Saturday December 10th and I was thinking about day tripping it from Northern, NJ.

Has anyone ever been there? Does it get crazy crowded on the weekends?

I don't expect anything close to great conditions. I just do not want to wait on lift lines all day, especially if the conditions are pretty crappy.
It's a nice place and usually not too crowded but it's going to be their opening week end so it could be pretty packed.
As for the conditions, they definitely won't be that great.

Going to Stratton myself, we'll see how that goes.

.lo0p
lo0p is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Senior Member
 
basso4735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll be there, need to pick up my season pass anyway so I can hit up the other mountains it includes. Weather is cold and should be cold for a few days, they got 2.5-3" of natural last night.

I'll be wearing this jacket and black pants so if you see me don't be afraid to say hi.

basso4735 is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern, NJ
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by basso4735 View Post
I'll be there, need to pick up my season pass anyway so I can hit up the other mountains it includes. Weather is cold and should be cold for a few days, they got 2.5-3" of natural last night.

I'll be wearing this jacket and black pants so if you see me don't be afraid to say hi.

Basso,

I saw something on the website about the season pass that includes Five mountains or something. What other mountains does the season pass include??

Ya man I will keep my eyes out for that jacket and definitely say whats up if I see you.

I will be wearing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nike_snowboarding_cl_down_jacket_blue1.jpg (34.2 KB, 79 views)
Gangstatalk is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Senior Member
 
basso4735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangstatalk View Post
Basso,

I saw something on the website about the season pass that includes Five mountains or something. What other mountains does the season pass include??

Ya man I will keep my eyes out for that jacket and definitely say whats up if I see you.

I will be wearing
Mines the higher ed pass for college students. Has mount snow, wildcat, attitash, crotched, and jack frost big boulder. Great deal if you're a student around here.

I'll keep an eye out for ya.
basso4735 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lo0p View Post

Going to Stratton myself, we'll see how that goes.
Any reason for Stratton over Killington this weekend?
NYCboarder12 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member
 
East告de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
is it faster to drive to hunter or mt snow from nj?


Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by East告de View Post
is it faster to drive to hunter or mt snow from nj?
Hunter is closer to you than Mount Snow. We havent really gotten any snow in NY, so I'm not sure how the conditions will be.
Shox is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern, NJ
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 3
Did you end up going to mount snow

Basso,

I decided to wait until next Friday to hit up Mount snow as my first riding day of the year.

Did you go today? If so how was it?

Thanks


Gangsta

Check out my Blog if you want.... I write about everything in my life that is snowboarding related. I also post pics and give my reviews on different mountains and different trips.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blogs/gangstatalk/
Gangstatalk is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Senior Member
 
basso4735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangstatalk View Post
Basso,

I decided to wait until next Friday to hit up Mount snow as my first riding day of the year.

Did you go today? If so how was it?

Thanks


Gangsta
Yeah man I went up. Surprisingly the 6 person quad did well! Kept the line relatively short. I was there from 9 to 1, and never waited more than 5ish mins in line. They had 2 top to bottom runs open, water bars were still pretty big and made for decent kickers which was cool. Started getting scraped to ice near the summit around noon, and some moguls started forming at the end of the day. Didn't venture into the park but heard they had about 9 features set up.

I would say they did a pretty good job for what we have had up here. I may head up again next saturday or sunday.

Last edited by basso4735; 12-11-2011 at 11:02 AM.
basso4735 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome