Powder resorts? - Page 10 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #91 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
Dude, it's an internet forum, what do you expect?

You brought this on yourself and made it worse by continuing the back and forth with people "provoking you for their own amusement."

Look back through the thread. There was almost two full pages of people simply trying to give you advice before the first wise-crack happend at the end of the second page....but only after you said some people need to improve their skills....which sounded really annoying to a bunch of passionate snowboarders when it comes from someone that has only been up 4 times.

It likely would have ended there if you would have clarified yourself without calling him a smartass, but you didn't so the began.
I specifically said if you can't go down a green run(no flat spots in this run...gradual consistent slope) with a few inches of powder then you need to work on your skills because I did it just fine as a beginner while turning. He basically said it was impossible to ride.

I never got my question answered which is what resort in the area does the least amount of grooming after a storm. That was the question and it never got answered. Anyway, this is my last post on here for sure. This like many internet forums are a waste of time.
PowderMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #92 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
schmitty34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Probably at work wasting time
Posts: 871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
I specifically said if you can't go down a green run(no flat spots in this run...gradual consistent slope) with a few inches of powder then you need to work on your skills because I did it just fine as a beginner while turning. He basically said it was impossible to ride.

I never got my question answered which is what resort in the area does the least amount of grooming after a storm. That was the question and it never got answered. Anyway, this is my last post on here for sure. This like many internet forums are a waste of time.
People tried to help but none of their suggestions worked because you didn't want to drive far and weren't willing to seek out powder. At that point people really didn't know how to help. Then.....You said something that annoyed someone, they poked at you, you called him a smart ass, someone else poked at you, you said that everyone that rides fast will eventually get hurt....so on and so on.

This forum is great for many people. It sounds like you don't know how to handle yourself on this type of forum. You said it yourself, you've experienced this before
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #93 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
People tried to help but none of their suggestions worked because you didn't want to drive far and weren't willing to seek out powder. At that point people really didn't know how to help. Then.....You said something that annoyed someone, they poked at you, you called him a smart ass, someone else poked at you, you said that everyone that rides fast will eventually get hurt....so on and so on.

This forum is great for many people. It sounds like you don't know how to handle yourself on this type of forum. You said it yourself, you've experienced this before
Experienced if before? Absolutely. Who hasn't ever read ANY internet forum/youtube comment section? The best are political forums(sarcasm). Very friendly people. But I guess that's life.

Everyone that does ride very fast WILL get hurt eventually. You will get hurt pushing limits. I've never met an alpine ski racer that hadn't blown an acl/mcl. Many injured permanently, some killed(rare, where as leg/knee injuries are a certainty). To deny the risk is delusional. Granted snowboarding is much easier on knees due to being locked in to the bindings with both feet and having soft boots that don't transmit force to the knee, but other injuries still happen obviously. Explain to me how that's not true? Notice you said someone poked me? As in telling me to STFU....Please. I provoked nothing on here. I was provoked. Just have a mod shut this stupid thread down. It's asinine at this point. I'M DONE NOW.

Last edited by PowderMonkey; 01-22-2013 at 08:41 PM.
PowderMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #94 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
neednsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 1,285
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
This forum is great for many people. It sounds like you don't know how to handle yourself on this type of forum. You said it yourself, you've experienced this before

Yes Yes Yes! I was reading this and flashing back to arguments with my ex. (actually a few of my exs.......hmm, maybe it wasn't them. maybe I'm the ass! I need to make a few phone calls and apologize.)

OP. Listen: Many mountains groom overnight. If it snowed the day before, and people left bumps on the hill, then it snowed overnight....the bumps become covered by the snow....the hill needs to groom them for beginners. Beginners dont do bumps (I'm not even talking moguls) well at all. Hell, I hate bumps on green runs (yes, I can ride most anything....and I'm and adult....and I live in the east.)


To answer your original question...which someone actually did answer....you may need to call your local resorts and ask. I know some mountains post which runs were groomed and which ones were not. Many people appreciate groomed runs and many of us (you included) appreciate non-groomed runs. Also, be on the look-out for fluffy fluff on the sides of the groomed runs. They may not provide super big fluff, but that may atleast whet your whistle.

Also suggested...go to the mtn the day it IS snowing (not the day after.) Days that the snow keeps accumulating are AWESOME DAYS. Lets hope for one of those days this Friday or Saturday.

Be well and relax a bit....life in the forum is pretty laid-back.
__________________
Neednsnow.com:
Traveling the States and Taking Pictures
neednsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #95 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neednsnow View Post
Yes Yes Yes! I was reading this and flashing back to arguments with my ex. (actually a few of my exs.......hmm, maybe it wasn't them. maybe I'm the ass! I need to make a few phone calls and apologize.)

OP. Listen: Many mountains groom overnight. If it snowed the day before, and people left bumps on the hill, then it snowed overnight....the bumps become covered by the snow....the hill needs to groom them for beginners. Beginners dont do bumps (I'm not even talking moguls) well at all. Hell, I hate bumps on green runs (yes, I can ride most anything....and I'm and adult....and I live in the east.)


To answer your original question...which someone actually did answer....you may need to call your local resorts and ask. I know some mountains post which runs were groomed and which ones were not. Many people appreciate groomed runs and many of us (you included) appreciate non-groomed runs. Also, be on the look-out for fluffy fluff on the sides of the groomed runs. They may not provide super big fluff, but that may atleast whet your whistle.

Also suggested...go to the mtn the day it IS snowing (not the day after.) Days that the snow keeps accumulating are AWESOME DAYS. Lets hope for one of those days this Friday or Saturday.

Be well and relax a bit....life in the forum is pretty laid-back.
THANK YOU FOR A DESCENT RESPONSE!
(SOOO much better than a stupid lecture or calling me names and telling me to stfu!)
One thing though....

I don't like bumps though either! What I meant to say was I wish they would groom at the end of the day always!!! BUT then leave it fresh in the morning! What the place I went to was doing was they let it snow ALL night long while they were closed and then groomed 30 minutes before opening! Therefore no fresh powder(it was only like 4-5 inches). Always groom to take out bumps/chops. That's very dangerous leaving chopped up snow/bumps with a fresh couple inches of snow on top.
PowderMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #96 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
areveruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fitchburg, MA/Cape Cod
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
I specifically said if you can't go down a green run(no flat spots in this run...gradual consistent slope) with a few inches of powder then you need to work on your skills because I did it just fine as a beginner while turning.
So... you're saying that after four days you're no longer a beginner?


Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
Everyone that does ride very fast WILL get hurt eventually. You will get hurt pushing limits.
I strongly disagree. You can't really progress without pushing yourself. Not only that, but there's a big difference between pushing the limits and being stupid. If nobody ever pushed the limits, snowboarding wouldn't be what it is today.

Furthermore, are you really that afraid of getting hurt? You must not drive either right? Or anything else that could put you at risk for injury? You're at risk of hurting yourself doing every day things. Snowboarding is no different. As long as you're smart about it, there's nothing wrong with pushing the limits.
areveruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #97 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
neednsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 1,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by areveruz View Post
So... you're saying that after four days you're no longer a beginner?




I strongly disagree. You can't really progress without pushing yourself. Not only that, but there's a big difference between pushing the limits and being stupid. If nobody ever pushed the limits, snowboarding wouldn't be what it is today.

Furthermore, are you really that afraid of getting hurt? You must not drive either right? Or anything else that could put you at risk for injury? You're at risk of hurting yourself doing every day things. Snowboarding is no different. As long as you're smart about it, there's nothing wrong with pushing the limits.
Ohh Please don't feed the animals.
__________________
Neednsnow.com:
Traveling the States and Taking Pictures
neednsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #98 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
neednsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 1,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
THANK YOU FOR A DESCENT RESPONSE!
(SOOO much better than a stupid lecture or calling me names and telling me to stfu!)
One thing though....

I don't like bumps though either! What I meant to say was I wish they would groom at the end of the day always!!! BUT then leave it fresh in the morning! What the place I went to was doing was they let it snow ALL night long while they were closed and then groomed 30 minutes before opening! Therefore no fresh powder(it was only like 4-5 inches). Always groom to take out bumps/chops. That's very dangerous leaving chopped up snow/bumps with a fresh couple inches of snow on top.
Right-on, Dude. Eventually you'll get frustrated with this and move-on to a different mountain. Kinda like a business....if you don't like the product they offer, you look for a different product. Possibly invest more time/money in that product. It happens. My original mountain was always hard-pack and wind-scruff. (Blue Knob, PA.) I picked-up an added commute to Seven Springs and caught some amazing powder days. Now....I don't even mess with the PA mtns. I go to VT only on snowy days from eastern PA (5 hours 1 way) or I fly out west and get very very grumpy if the snow isn't healthy.

Be well and think snow!
__________________
Neednsnow.com:
Traveling the States and Taking Pictures
neednsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #99 (permalink)
Resident poet
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
THANK YOU FOR A DESCENT RESPONSE!
(SOOO much better than a stupid lecture or calling me names and telling me to stfu!)
One thing though....

I don't like bumps though either! What I meant to say was I wish they would groom at the end of the day always!!! BUT then leave it fresh in the morning! What the place I went to was doing was they let it snow ALL night long while they were closed and then groomed 30 minutes before opening! Therefore no fresh powder(it was only like 4-5 inches). Always groom to take out bumps/chops. That's very dangerous leaving chopped up snow/bumps with a fresh couple inches of snow on top.
Little poo monkey...glad ur still around...u will eventually develop some cred. However ur a newb and a nervous one at that. I remember my first day of 6" of fresh on the groomed....I was screaming like a little girl and creaming my pants and I thought that was great til I got some more skills...and now I can pretty much find something fun to do irregardless of the snow conditions or the grooming/or lack there of. Hills are groom for newbs, mom skiiers....they take out the little bumps and chop you don't like. Around here 6" will not cover up the bump and chop; and if it freezes overnight it can be hellish for newbs. Also around here they merely groom the main boring stuff and the good stuff is impossible to groom and that is how we like it.

edit....the hill also groom because sometimes it would be too deep for newbs and moms
__________________

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 01-22-2013 at 09:26 PM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #100 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,427
Default

Page 3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
Goodbye! I'm done with this thread. I't s a shit throwing contest now. Just was looking for answer about which resort in the area grooms fresh snow the least. But it degrades into people telling me to STFU and the likes. Another usueless forum ruined by immature juveniles.
Page 7...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
Goodbye. I'm done with this forum. It's useless(yes...yes...don't let the door hit me on the way out. I'm used to internet forum people)
Page 8...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
You guys are so cool and smart. I wish I could be cool just like you guys and rule the internet forums! You guys showed me!
Page 9...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
Oh and I'm tying to leave, but people keep this thread going to their own amusement.
End it here and I won't repost ever again. Goodbye
The very next post in the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
It's shut down, but I think you already know that
Page 10...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
Anyway, this is my last post on here for sure. This like many internet forums are a waste of time.
Later in page 10...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
I provoked nothing on here. I was provoked. Just have a mod shut this stupid thread down. It's asinine at this point. I'M DONE NOW.
When will it end? PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums