How do you Do it? Season Long Bus Rides or Else? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Veteran Member
 
LuckyRVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
How do you Do it? Season Long Bus Rides or Else?

Anyone else taking the Saturday Emilios trip to Okemo?
LuckyRVA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Senior Member
 
FireStarter451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRVA View Post
Anyone else taking the Saturday Emilios trip to Okemo?
Hey, how was the snow? It's been getting warm lately. Is it wet snow already?
Was the mountain crowded?
FireStarter451 is offline  
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
vknyvz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rutherford, NJ
Posts: 382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i was at killington yesterday, man 5 hour bus ride, really kills you.......... and by the time you get off of the bus and ride home with the subeway, it's 6 hours

it was 41 degree, it was a nice sunny day and no not wet yet

Setup
2014 Never Summer Proto HDX 158cm
2012 Flow Trilogy Bindings XL

Last edited by vknyvz; 03-10-2013 at 07:10 PM.
vknyvz is offline  
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member
 
MarshallV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Crazy how people struggle with a modest lifestyle while making 100k+/year in NYC. I hate that place, it reminds me of an ant farm. fun to visit though.

No Thanks !

I couldn't imagine living in Golden, CO without a car.. and Denver is a huge city with decent public transit, compared to where I'm from originally.. I used to be a mile from the nearest neighbor and a good 45 mins to town.
MarshallV82 is offline  
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
Crazy how people struggle with a modest lifestyle while making 100k+/year in NYC. I hate that place, it reminds me of an ant farm. fun to visit though.

No Thanks !

I couldn't imagine living in Golden, CO without a car.. and Denver is a huge city with decent public transit, compared to where I'm from originally.. I used to be a mile from the nearest neighbor and a good 45 mins to town.

LOL, you've never tried parking in NYC with a car. Multiply Denver's population by ten then try to park your car without paying for the luxury.
Efilnikufesin is offline  
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Veteran Member
 
MarshallV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efilnikufesin View Post
LOL, you've never tried parking in NYC with a car. Multiply Denver's population by ten then try to park your car without paying for the luxury.
I have..I have family there. I was just commenting on how crazy expensive everything is there. I wouldn't want to put up with all the non sense there. Mountains suck, to many people, and the weather sucks. It's a fun place to visit but not for me!
MarshallV82 is offline  
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
vknyvz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rutherford, NJ
Posts: 382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
I have..I have family there. I was just commenting on how crazy expensive everything is there. I wouldn't want to put up with all the non sense there. Mountains suck, to many people, and the weather sucks. It's a fun place to visit but not for me!
my brother lives in parker, co, it's good and all and no humidity but salaries not as high as nyc, remember i have been living here for 12 years and not saying I like it here anymore, I am ready for a change but quitting the job is scary ! been thinking about moving to west for year and half with the wifey but not easy!

Setup
2014 Never Summer Proto HDX 158cm
2012 Flow Trilogy Bindings XL
vknyvz is offline  
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 02:36 AM
Veteran Member
 
MarshallV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vknyvz View Post
my brother lives in parker, co, it's good and all and no humidity but salaries not as high as nyc, remember i have been living here for 12 years and not saying I like it here anymore, I am ready for a change but quitting the job is scary ! been thinking about moving to west for year and half with the wifey but not easy!
For sure, we're all just content with what's normal for us. I wouldn't do well in NYC at all. I had a blast there on New Years though! Anyway, I think getting a good used car would be your best bet, fun is not always cheap! Fuck busses man.

Are NY resorts all fairly small? I've only been to Sugarloaf and Stowe when I was stuck up there doing Linework for a couple months. I didn't think those places were that bad...
MarshallV82 is offline  
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
For sure, we're all just content with what's normal for us. I wouldn't do well in NYC at all. I had a blast there on New Years though! Anyway, I think getting a good used car would be your best bet, fun is not always cheap! Fuck busses man.

Are NY resorts all fairly small? I've only been to Sugarloaf and Stowe when I was stuck up there doing Linework for a couple months. I didn't think those places were that bad...
those are probably two of the larger ones. you have killington which is fairly large, but man, fuck killington.
onefutui2e is offline  
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Veteran Member
 
LuckyRVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStarter451 View Post
Hey, how was the snow? It's been getting warm lately. Is it wet snow already?
Was the mountain crowded?

Best day I've had on the east coast this season by far. The snow was great, soft but not slushy. It was decently busy but their fast lifts are fast enough that I never had to wait more than a few minutes. About half the time I was able to just ride right up to the chair.

I'm planning to go again this Saturday.
LuckyRVA is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome