Sierras? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Okierider66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Far Northern CA
Posts: 39
Question Sierras?

I hear a lot on the forums about Hood and Bachelor. What's up with the Sierra Mtn. areas like Borel, Rose and Heavenly, I haven't seen them talked about at all yet. I live about halfway between Hood and Boreal but have never been to either so was wondering why.
Okierider66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-31-2013, 01:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3
Default

Is there any snow there yet?
scruztaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Okierider66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Far Northern CA
Posts: 39
Default

I just spent Sunday at Sugar Bowl and had fun but it was icy and a lot more expensive than I thought it would be. I thought airport food was outrageous...
Okierider66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
Default

they're massively starved for snow and conditions are worse than the cascades have been the last few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider66 View Post
I hear a lot on the forums about Hood and Bachelor. What's up with the Sierra Mtn. areas like Borel, Rose and Heavenly, I haven't seen them talked about at all yet. I live about halfway between Hood and Boreal but have never been to either so was wondering why.
Igwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
KIRKRIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider66 View Post
I just spent Sunday at Sugar Bowl and had fun but it was icy and a lot more expensive than I thought it would be. I thought airport food was outrageous...
Never buy overpriced food at a resort. Nor beer. Bring both ;-) or stop at the liquor store before, stuff your stash somewhere in the snow... save.
__________________
2013/14 -12- Kirkwood days
Arbor A-Frame 158 2009-10
Jeremy Jones Hovercraft 156, 2011/12
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Okierider66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Far Northern CA
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER View Post
Never buy overpriced food at a resort. Nor beer. Bring both ;-) or stop at the liquor store before, stuff your stash somewhere in the snow... save.
I actually packed food but left it in the fridge in my rush to get out of the door. Imjust wish the resorts would realize they could make a whole lot more if they reduced the price to high but reasonable levels.
Okierider66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
KIRKRIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider66 View Post
I actually packed food but left it in the fridge in my rush to get out of the door. Imjust wish the resorts would realize they could make a whole lot more if they reduced the price to high but reasonable levels.
where is da snow.
__________________
2013/14 -12- Kirkwood days
Arbor A-Frame 158 2009-10
Jeremy Jones Hovercraft 156, 2011/12
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
surfinsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER View Post
Never buy overpriced food at a resort. Nor beer. Bring both ;-) or stop at the liquor store before, stuff your stash somewhere in the snow... save.
BWHAHA! We brought some friends to Tahoe with us a couple of years ago. They had two teenaged boys (twins). 17 years old. Never mind that one of them crashed a snowmobile ($$$$) and wracked up a brand new demo board in The Sisters at Kirkwood ($$$$), but they laughed at us when we packed lunch in the morning. Why bother, they said. Just more crap to carry! Where will you put it? Then they bitched and moaned at paying over $100 for LUNCH at Heavenly as their teenagers scarfed down $12 burgers off the grill.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
surfinsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 720
Default

We have the opposite problem in Vermont...there is snow, but it's too fucking cold! I'm in eastern Connecticut, and it was 6 degrees this morning. It was -12 at the BASE of Stowe a couple of days ago. Real temp, not wind chills. Mountains are actually closing, not because of lack of snow but because you'll freaking DIE out there. It's been almost too cold to even make snow! Now, it's supposed to hit 60 this weekend...can you say ICE?

I feel for my Tahoe buddies. At least us Nor'Easters can ride ice. But it's pretty difficult to ride dirt! I'll do a snow dance for you!
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Okierider66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Far Northern CA
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinsnow View Post
BWHAHA! We brought some friends to Tahoe with us a couple of years ago. They had two teenaged boys (twins). 17 years old. Never mind that one of them crashed a snowmobile ($$$$) and wracked up a brand new demo board in The Sisters at Kirkwood ($$$$), but they laughed at us when we packed lunch in the morning. Why bother, they said. Just more crap to carry! Where will you put it? Then they bitched and moaned at paying over $100 for LUNCH at Heavenly as their teenagers scarfed down $12 burgers off the grill.
ROFL Ask my ex-wife. I'm cheap when it comes to food most of the time...I do enjoy a good steak out but I prefer to spend my hard earned money on stuff that lasts like new gear etc..
Okierider66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums