stevens pass - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 54
Default

you're extremely lucky, im quite jealous.
I can't get out of work this friday so no boarding for me (
xsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-08-2013, 04:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
that1guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: On the biggest hill in Seattle
Posts: 296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509-pow View Post
so i will prob be going this fri. i wanna ask those of u that board there how busy is it on fri or how busy should it be this friday? i know u guys dont wanna give up ur secret stash, but it would be nice if u could let me know some runs i need to hit up. hoping there is some deep powder.
Go to the top of 7th heaven and hike a short bit up to the top of cowboy ridge. Gotta still be some fresh and some sweet drops. Other than that, hit up wildcats but track off to the left through the trees.
that1guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
J.Schaef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Snohomish WA
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Go to the top of 7th heaven and hike a short bit up to the top of cowboy ridge. Gotta still be some fresh and some sweet drops. Other than that, hit up wildcats but track off to the left through the trees.
Those are both some pretty serious runs.

I wouldn't recommend anyone go these places without someone who knows where they are going. You could get seriously hurt if you didn't know where to ride. So, please don't go thinking anybody can ride these places.
__________________
13/14 Goal
6/75
J.Schaef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
huckfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: pacific nw
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Go to the top of 7th heaven and hike a short bit up to the top of cowboy ridge. Gotta still be some fresh and some sweet drops. Other than that, hit up wildcats but track off to the left through the trees.


you should'nt really be pointing people back into that area, it's really dumb to ride back there unless you are with someone that knows where they are going.
huckfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
DrnknZag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,113
Default stevens pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Schaef View Post
Those are both some pretty serious runs.

I wouldn't recommend anyone go these places without someone who knows where they are going. You could get seriously hurt if you didn't know where to ride. So, please don't go thinking anybody can ride these places.
^This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckfin View Post
you should'nt really be pointing people back into that area, it's really dumb to ride back there unless you are with someone that knows where they are going.
^And this.

Unless you're with someone who knows the area, don't hike Cowboy. Terrain gets very serious up there.
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 371
Default stevens pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafHoney View Post
I wanted to at least attempt Hogsback again yesterday but my husband refused . He's still having trouble even riding straight so I pretty much had to force him to even do Skyline with me. And for how new we both are to it, I didn't really want to attempt it alone. Once I told him how much steeper it was than Skyline I just didn't bring it up again. The top of Skyline wasn't groomed yesterday though so it was still pretty deep and awesome. And if you go down the Exhibition/Promenade side when it forks, it was about knee deep yesterday.

I won't be trying anything around trees until I can figure out toe side without wiping out.
I've been 6 times this yr only yr I've been but I thought skyline seemed much steeper that hogs back. I like them both both are easy now but the backside is so much more fun. a cool run take hogs back to the right at the bottom go right to that chair lift. ether of those to blue runs are super fun. if you go straight and not right there's a narrow path that's kinda long and hard for me my first few times, but taught me how to ride in a tight area. Fridays aren't bad no waits in backside.
stickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 371
Default stevens pass

yep skyline is way steeper than hogsback. especially right under the chairlift. but the left side of skyline isn't steep at all.,.
stickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
MafHoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 48
Default

I've only ever gone to the left when doing Skyline. I like that it's a long run.. gives me a lot of time to try and practice things and get better. Right under the chairlift is a black run, so I stay far away from that .

From looking at the trail map, the run right under the Hogsback lift is Blue Trail which is what I did the only time I went on that lift. It might be different when it's fresh, but trying that when it's hard packed sucks ass. Though if you aren't a newbie like me I'm sure it's fantastic. But that was steep as hell for me.

And now I'm getting all sad talking about it since I won't be able to make it back out till the end of the month if I'm lucky.
MafHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 371
Default stevens pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafHoney View Post
I've only ever gone to the left when doing Skyline. I like that it's a long run.. gives me a lot of time to try and practice things and get better. Right under the chairlift is a black run, so I stay far away from that .

From looking at the trail map, the run right under the Hogsback lift is Blue Trail which is what I did the only time I went on that lift. It might be different when it's fresh, but trying that when it's hard packed sucks ass. Though if you aren't a newbie like me I'm sure it's fantastic. But that was steep as hell for me.

And now I'm getting all sad talking about it since I won't be able to make it back out till the end of the month if I'm lucky.
that's a black run, lol I thought it was a little steep. doing the other black run first made it much easier actually lol. I really wanna follow the chair under hogsback.
stickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
MafHoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 48
Default

Last time we went, last run of the day I was going down Skyline. Instead of following it to go by the park I went towards Exhibition instead. That was one of those 'I immediately regret this decision' moments. Even though it was a very small black run I couldn't stay up. Not to mention it was knee deep so I'm sure I looked absolutely ridiculous.

I won't be going that way again!
MafHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums