stevens pass - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 202 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
509-pow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Washington state.
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
stevens pass

so i will prob be going this fri. i wanna ask those of u that board there how busy is it on fri or how busy should it be this friday? i know u guys dont wanna give up ur secret stash, but it would be nice if u could let me know some runs i need to hit up. hoping there is some deep powder.
509-pow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 202 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 01:12 AM
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,055
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
Ride the backside during the daytime. It's usually less crowded, and has some great tree runs that hold powder well. Once the evening rolls in, head to the frontside, or the park. No matter what, have a blast! Stevens is a fun place to ride!

Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline  
post #3 of 202 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
killer day today up at Stevens, 8" new, good temp and NO crowd
Clayton Bigsby is offline  
post #4 of 202 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Member
 
MafHoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If it keeps snowing like it has been since last night it'll be busy (still not as bad as a Sat or Sun). They had 10" today and we still never had to wait in a lift line. But, it's a Wednesday (one of the only plus' of working a retail schedule? Having random weekdays off to do this stuff ). I think there's another 8 or 10" dumping tonight so it should still be pretty good by Friday so I'd say by afternoon time you may have a wait for some of the good runs.

I'm still a total newbie, so I haven't done anything other than a billion bunny hill runs and two of the intermediate ones. Out of the two intermediates I've done (Hogsback & Skyline), I really enjoy Skyline. I will one day get the nerve (and skill) to hop over to 7th Heaven after that lift. But I like that there was a lot of ungroomed areas on that run.
MafHoney is offline  
post #5 of 202 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MafHoney View Post
If it keeps snowing like it has been since last night it'll be busy (still not as bad as a Sat or Sun). They had 10" today and we still never had to wait in a lift line. But, it's a Wednesday (one of the only plus' of working a retail schedule? Having random weekdays off to do this stuff ). I think there's another 8 or 10" dumping tonight so it should still be pretty good by Friday so I'd say by afternoon time you may have a wait for some of the good runs.

I'm still a total newbie, so I haven't done anything other than a billion bunny hill runs and two of the intermediate ones. Out of the two intermediates I've done (Hogsback & Skyline), I really enjoy Skyline. I will one day get the nerve (and skill) to hop over to 7th Heaven after that lift. But I like that there was a lot of ungroomed areas on that run.
Continue riding Hogs and Skyline, but dont ride the groomers, try Hogs under the chair or Merk (sp?) Woods, great place to learn trees, steeps etc. When my friends and I started, our boards didnt have edges, so we were forced to ride off of the groomers, now looking back, I'm glad we did, it made us much better riders. Just start out at slower speeds, pick your lines and dont get stuck on the flats.
Clayton Bigsby is offline  
post #6 of 202 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
509-pow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Washington state.
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
stevens pass

Didn't go because of the rain that Friday. I still might make it up there this year if not then gonna wait till next year.
509-pow is offline  
post #7 of 202 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Member
 
MafHoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
Continue riding Hogs and Skyline, but dont ride the groomers, try Hogs under the chair or Merk (sp?) Woods, great place to learn trees, steeps etc. When my friends and I started, our boards didnt have edges, so we were forced to ride off of the groomers, now looking back, I'm glad we did, it made us much better riders. Just start out at slower speeds, pick your lines and dont get stuck on the flats.

I wanted to at least attempt Hogsback again yesterday but my husband refused . He's still having trouble even riding straight so I pretty much had to force him to even do Skyline with me. And for how new we both are to it, I didn't really want to attempt it alone. Once I told him how much steeper it was than Skyline I just didn't bring it up again. The top of Skyline wasn't groomed yesterday though so it was still pretty deep and awesome. And if you go down the Exhibition/Promenade side when it forks, it was about knee deep yesterday.

I won't be trying anything around trees until I can figure out toe side without wiping out.
MafHoney is offline  
post #8 of 202 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chicago / Seattle (part-time)
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
Continue riding Hogs and Skyline, but dont ride the groomers, try Hogs under the chair or Merk (sp?) Woods, great place to learn trees, steeps etc. When my friends and I started, our boards didnt have edges, so we were forced to ride off of the groomers, now looking back, I'm glad we did, it made us much better riders. Just start out at slower speeds, pick your lines and dont get stuck on the flats.
Ride Hogs under the chair? That's basically the most difficult way down, there are some serious drops and moguls if I recall. Not sure if a beginner should even touch that route
rgunzalez is offline  
post #9 of 202 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
 
J.Schaef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Snohomish WA
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunzalez View Post
Ride Hogs under the chair? That's basically the most difficult way down, there are some serious drops and moguls if I recall. Not sure if a beginner should even touch that route

There is a way around anything that could get you hurt, but after lower alders, it gets pretty flat, so you have to carry some speed.



If anyone is ever in need of a riding partner (which I frequently am) I am pretty much down to ride almost any day. I enjoy long hikes through the woods, and steep, deep pow turns. I can even drive.

Tomorrow maybe?

13/14 days
60/75

14/15 days
let's not talk about it
J.Schaef is offline  
post #10 of 202 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Member
 
MafHoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't remember which way we went off the chair from Hogs, but whatever one it was, it sucked. Didn't help that it was hard packed and it was my first non bunny hill. I think my tailbone is still bruised from that

I am beyond jealous of anyone that can ride whenever. I spent all day at work today hating every second being stuck inside. Probably didn't help that it was also gorgeous out today and I had to help people buy handbags. Yippee!

J, when I get better and can handle something other than Skyline I'll join! I wanna do it all and check the entire mountain out. Eventually. Someday. Maybe next season, lol.
MafHoney is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome