Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Northwest US (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/northwest-us/)
-   -   Spring Pow Bluebird bonus day pics dump (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/northwest-us/75314-spring-pow-bluebird-bonus-day-pics.html)

CassMT 03-19-2013 04:05 PM

Spring Pow Bluebird bonus day pics dump
 
Big Mountain, Whitefish Montana USA...March 19, 2013

officially we have 12" new in the last 3 days...unofficially it all blew in and piled up in places, fortunately some of the steep and gnar zones...then today, the sun came out, fully epic and unexpected pow day...14 degrees only too

to give some perspective, not many people see this, we have had maybe 5 sunny days this winter...

looking north into the Cabinet Range and Canada

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps00a868d4.jpg

looking East into Glacier National Park, Lodi Peak (ten minute sidecountry hike) is in the foreground...

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0c8e84e0.jpg


Glacier N.P.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9e348225.jpg

CassMT 03-19-2013 04:07 PM

Radio Towers (also a ten minute stomp sidecountry)

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps847940a9.jpg

North Bowl, see how tracked up?

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...psf27fc80b.jpg

NBC Chute...gets used, but the rad thing is noone rides the sides, i hit it like a giant pow halfpipe...buuuuuh

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2fb24d58.jpg

East Rim...still looking pretty good at 1pm!

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8a732859.jpg

Lodi Peak and Evans Heaven, from the runout of NBC

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps374af777.jpg

some noname billygoat zone i love, and apprently i'm alone...so killer in this part, the pic just doesnt do it justice..

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...psf348c007.jpg

another in billygoat zone...

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps14831eab.jpg

and some mellowdeep glades to end the day...Cal's Country

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...psfbeb32fd.jpg

rad thing about Big..theres only 2 busy weeks, other than that there's nobody, so the stashes stay stashed for days, this whole week is gonna be killer, more snow weds supposedly

anyone headed this way, pm me, i'll give you the ambassador's tour..

CassMT 03-19-2013 04:10 PM

...and if anyone wants to add pics from your spring, your mountain, please feel free, that was the ideer...like seeing other places, other potential future trips..

KIRKRIDER 03-19-2013 04:15 PM

DUDE!

Forget about your goggles and get out there! Damn. Gorgeous pow.

CassMT 03-19-2013 04:45 PM

i worked it already! til my legs were just...jelly

thats why my gogs aren't upsetting me, it was worth it!

Board Gadget 03-19-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CassMT (Post 852674)
Radio Towers (also a ten minute stomp sidecountry)

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps847940a9.jpg

North Bowl, see how tracked up?

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...psf27fc80b.jpg

NBC Chute...gets used, but the rad thing is noone rides the sides, i hit it like a giant pow halfpipe...buuuuuh

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2fb24d58.jpg

East Rim...still looking pretty good at 1pm!

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8a732859.jpg

Lodi Peak and Evans Heaven, from the runout of NBC

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps374af777.jpg

some noname billygoat zone i love, and apprently i'm alone...so killer in this part, the pic just doesnt do it justice..

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...psf348c007.jpg

another in billygoat zone...

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps14831eab.jpg

and some mellowdeep glades to end the day...Cal's Country

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...psfbeb32fd.jpg

rad thing about Big..theres only 2 busy weeks, other than that there's nobody, so the stashes stay stashed for days, this whole week is gonna be killer, more snow weds supposedly

anyone headed this way, pm me, i'll give you the ambassador's tour..

Fantastic!! My wife is from Montana. I have been out there many times but only in the summer:dizzy: I friend just invited me to Whitefish next year. He showed me some photos just like this from the last time he was there. They take a train from Minneapolis and rent a house there for a week. It looks incredible:yahoo:

I haven't discussed this with him yet but I would like to get a few opinions. What skill level would you have to have to snowboard in this type of area in Whitefish?

CassMT 03-19-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowolf (Post 852810)
Sweet! Went to High School in Stevensville south of Missoula. Done some backpacking in the Cabinets and in the Bob Marshal. Montana is such pretty country!

nice, been camping up in the Cabinets, but never rode back there...getting set up to splitboard this spring, so that will open up alot ive never done

went to school at UM Missoula, thats how i found my way up here! love it so much

CassMT 03-19-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Board Gadget (Post 852914)
Fantastic!! My wife is from Montana. I have been out there many times but only in the summer:dizzy: I friend just invited me to Whitefish next year. He showed me some photos just like this from the last time he was there. They take a train from Minneapolis and rent a house there for a week. It looks incredible:yahoo:

I haven't discussed this with him yet but I would like to get a few opinions. What skill level would you have to have to snowboard in this type of area in Whitefish?

the train is a great way to come, they have some killer deals thru the website, multi'day lift passes, train ride and lodging for crazy-cheap, idk how they work that

all these pics are diamond, double d, etc, but it doesnt matter, theres so much beginner and mid stuff, at least 1/2 the mountain, there is a whole backside thats all blues and greens (and a couple black) that gets hammered with good snow ....they pride themselves on grooming too, they groom alot, and do a fine job of it..

jeeezus im sounding like the PR guy, lol...just come, you won't be dissappointed

heres a trailmap

Whitefish Mountain Resort at Big Mountain in Whitefish, Montana

Board Gadget 03-19-2013 06:28 PM

Re: Spring Pow Bluebird bonus day pics dump
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CassMT (Post 852962)
the train is a great way to come, they have some killer deals thru the website, multi'day lift passes, train ride and lodging for crazy-cheap, idk how they work that

all these pics are diamond, double d, etc, but it doesnt matter, theres so much beginner and mid stuff, at least 1/2 the mountain, there is a whole backside thats all blues and greens (and a couple black) that gets hammered with good snow ....they pride themselves on grooming too, they groom alot, and do a fine job of it..

jeeezus im sounding like the PR guy, lol...just come, you won't be dissappointed

heres a trailmap

Whitefish Mountain Resort at Big Mountain in Whitefish, Montana

Great. Thanks!!

509-pow 03-21-2013 12:33 AM

man wish i could made it to whitefish this year. i was planing on coming up for 4 days of riding. they had a killer deal. $75 a night for hotel and tickets. ill be at white pass tomorrow and they should have more then a foot of fresh pow. ill get some pics.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2