Spring Pow Bluebird bonus day pics dump - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
CassMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Whitefish MT
Posts: 2,298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Spring Pow Bluebird bonus day pics dump

Big Mountain, Whitefish Montana USA...March 19, 2013

officially we have 12" new in the last 3 days...unofficially it all blew in and piled up in places, fortunately some of the steep and gnar zones...then today, the sun came out, fully epic and unexpected pow day...14 degrees only too

to give some perspective, not many people see this, we have had maybe 5 sunny days this winter...

looking north into the Cabinet Range and Canada



looking East into Glacier National Park, Lodi Peak (ten minute sidecountry hike) is in the foreground...




Glacier N.P.


Last edited by CassMT; 03-19-2013 at 04:19 PM.
CassMT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
CassMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Whitefish MT
Posts: 2,298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Radio Towers (also a ten minute stomp sidecountry)



North Bowl, see how tracked up?



NBC Chute...gets used, but the rad thing is noone rides the sides, i hit it like a giant pow halfpipe...buuuuuh



East Rim...still looking pretty good at 1pm!



Lodi Peak and Evans Heaven, from the runout of NBC



some noname billygoat zone i love, and apprently i'm alone...so killer in this part, the pic just doesnt do it justice..



another in billygoat zone...



and some mellowdeep glades to end the day...Cal's Country



rad thing about Big..theres only 2 busy weeks, other than that there's nobody, so the stashes stay stashed for days, this whole week is gonna be killer, more snow weds supposedly

anyone headed this way, pm me, i'll give you the ambassador's tour..
CassMT is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
CassMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Whitefish MT
Posts: 2,298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
...and if anyone wants to add pics from your spring, your mountain, please feel free, that was the ideer...like seeing other places, other potential future trips..
CassMT is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Veteran Member
 
KIRKRIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,999
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
DUDE!

Forget about your goggles and get out there! Damn. Gorgeous pow.

2015/16 -3- Kirkwood days
Arbor A-Frame 158 2009-10
Jeremy Jones Hovercraft 156, 2011/12
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
CassMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Whitefish MT
Posts: 2,298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
i worked it already! til my legs were just...jelly

thats why my gogs aren't upsetting me, it was worth it!
CassMT is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 05:32 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Board Gadget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassMT View Post
Radio Towers (also a ten minute stomp sidecountry)



North Bowl, see how tracked up?



NBC Chute...gets used, but the rad thing is noone rides the sides, i hit it like a giant pow halfpipe...buuuuuh



East Rim...still looking pretty good at 1pm!



Lodi Peak and Evans Heaven, from the runout of NBC



some noname billygoat zone i love, and apprently i'm alone...so killer in this part, the pic just doesnt do it justice..



another in billygoat zone...



and some mellowdeep glades to end the day...Cal's Country



rad thing about Big..theres only 2 busy weeks, other than that there's nobody, so the stashes stay stashed for days, this whole week is gonna be killer, more snow weds supposedly

anyone headed this way, pm me, i'll give you the ambassador's tour..
Fantastic!! My wife is from Montana. I have been out there many times but only in the summer I friend just invited me to Whitefish next year. He showed me some photos just like this from the last time he was there. They take a train from Minneapolis and rent a house there for a week. It looks incredible

I haven't discussed this with him yet but I would like to get a few opinions. What skill level would you have to have to snowboard in this type of area in Whitefish?

Every man is born an original, but sadly, most men die copies. -Abraham Lincoln-
Board Gadget is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
CassMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Whitefish MT
Posts: 2,298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Sweet! Went to High School in Stevensville south of Missoula. Done some backpacking in the Cabinets and in the Bob Marshal. Montana is such pretty country!
nice, been camping up in the Cabinets, but never rode back there...getting set up to splitboard this spring, so that will open up alot ive never done

went to school at UM Missoula, thats how i found my way up here! love it so much
CassMT is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
CassMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Whitefish MT
Posts: 2,298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Board Gadget View Post
Fantastic!! My wife is from Montana. I have been out there many times but only in the summer I friend just invited me to Whitefish next year. He showed me some photos just like this from the last time he was there. They take a train from Minneapolis and rent a house there for a week. It looks incredible

I haven't discussed this with him yet but I would like to get a few opinions. What skill level would you have to have to snowboard in this type of area in Whitefish?
the train is a great way to come, they have some killer deals thru the website, multi'day lift passes, train ride and lodging for crazy-cheap, idk how they work that

all these pics are diamond, double d, etc, but it doesnt matter, theres so much beginner and mid stuff, at least 1/2 the mountain, there is a whole backside thats all blues and greens (and a couple black) that gets hammered with good snow ....they pride themselves on grooming too, they groom alot, and do a fine job of it..

jeeezus im sounding like the PR guy, lol...just come, you won't be dissappointed

heres a trailmap

Whitefish Mountain Resort at Big Mountain in Whitefish, Montana
CassMT is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 06:28 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Board Gadget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Spring Pow Bluebird bonus day pics dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassMT View Post
the train is a great way to come, they have some killer deals thru the website, multi'day lift passes, train ride and lodging for crazy-cheap, idk how they work that

all these pics are diamond, double d, etc, but it doesnt matter, theres so much beginner and mid stuff, at least 1/2 the mountain, there is a whole backside thats all blues and greens (and a couple black) that gets hammered with good snow ....they pride themselves on grooming too, they groom alot, and do a fine job of it..

jeeezus im sounding like the PR guy, lol...just come, you won't be dissappointed

heres a trailmap

Whitefish Mountain Resort at Big Mountain in Whitefish, Montana
Great. Thanks!!

Every man is born an original, but sadly, most men die copies. -Abraham Lincoln-
Board Gadget is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 12:33 AM
Senior Member
 
509-pow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Washington state.
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
man wish i could made it to whitefish this year. i was planing on coming up for 4 days of riding. they had a killer deal. $75 a night for hotel and tickets. ill be at white pass tomorrow and they should have more then a foot of fresh pow. ill get some pics.
509-pow is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome