Airsoft! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Airsoft!

Okay so, I am trying to start airsoft this year. Picked up a Aps Acp CO2 GBB Pistol, and some random gear, probably just gonna start off scriming with friends, anyone have any experience to help get me started?
Rotcoddam411 is offline  
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 04:33 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 753
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
How does one play airsoft? I get paintball; you get hit, you see the spot and you are out. Is airsoft on the honor system? I wouldn't be good at that. Heat of the moment combat and I'd be the soldier on PCP who just won't go down til everyone is out of ammo.
Tatanka Head is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanka Head View Post
How does one play airsoft? I get paintball; you get hit, you see the spot and you are out. Is airsoft on the honor system? I wouldn't be good at that. Heat of the moment combat and I'd be the soldier on PCP who just won't go down til everyone is out of ammo.
Haha! Yea, it is mostly honor system, but once you get hit, it hurts a lot more, if you don't call your hit, theirs gonna be a lot more shots coming your way
Rotcoddam411 is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 09:15 AM
Veteran Member
 
slyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Milwaukee Suburbs
Posts: 3,532
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
No clue on your question but this was kinda funny.

I went into a tactical store looking for "stuff" only to find out I didn't read the sign good enough and it turned out to be a airsoft gun and supply store.
No wonder I got funny looks when I asked from 9mm ammo

I know a few guys that play for fun and Pro/Am tournaments and stuff. Like any other sport, when your in it it's hard core.

Have fun

-I'm Slyder and I suffer from "Gummer Syndrome"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
slyder is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member
 
Big Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 693
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
My advice is don't drop a lot of money on a gun and gear until you know for sure your friends are in. A lot of my friends bought cheap springers and we would have huge 10v10 battles in the woods. It was awesome. So we all decided that we should take it to the next level and get AEGs. Well I was the first to pull the trigger and bought a CA M15A4, and I figured if I was going to be dropping that kind of money I might as well upgrade it a bit, so I put in a stiffer spring and tightbore barrel. Got it right around 500fps with .20g BBs. The problem was, none of my friends followed through and bought AEGs. No one wanted to play against me with their springers, and I didn't know anyone to play against with my AEG. So I basically dropped $450 on a gun I couldn't use. This was back in 2005, when Airsoft was just catching on, so you might have better luck finding more people that play, but I got the shaft by buying a good gun and having my friends all back out on me.

I sold my AEG in 2008 and used the money I got for it to buy a real gun. They are a hell of a lot more fun, but ammo is a hell of a lot more espensive .
Big Foot is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot View Post
My advice is don't drop a lot of money on a gun and gear until you know for sure your friends are in. A lot of my friends bought cheap springers and we would have huge 10v10 battles in the woods. It was awesome. So we all decided that we should take it to the next level and get AEGs. Well I was the first to pull the trigger and bought a CA M15A4, and I figured if I was going to be dropping that kind of money I might as well upgrade it a bit, so I put in a stiffer spring and tightbore barrel. Got it right around 500fps with .20g BBs. The problem was, none of my friends followed through and bought AEGs. No one wanted to play against me with their springers, and I didn't know anyone to play against with my AEG. So I basically dropped $450 on a gun I couldn't use. This was back in 2005, when Airsoft was just catching on, so you might have better luck finding more people that play, but I got the shaft by buying a good gun and having my friends all back out on me.

I sold my AEG in 2008 and used the money I got for it to buy a real gun. They are a hell of a lot more fun, but ammo is a hell of a lot more espensive .
Thats what I am worried about! We all have springers to go around, but I just bought a CO2 and Greengas sidearm. I feel as though I will have to go hunting for some new airsoft buddies! Oh well, making friends is what it is all about.
Rotcoddam411 is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 05:16 PM
Veteran Member
 
Manicmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot View Post
I sold my AEG in 2008 and used the money I got for it to buy a real gun. They are a hell of a lot more fun, but ammo is a hell of a lot more espensive .
Hurts a lot more than airsoft too!
Manicmouse is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 06:06 PM
Senior Member
 
NZRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did it a few years back, and the biggest problem is the honor system. Especially if you have a long range shootout (range is very good on the guns). The range takes the sting out and a little hard to see, they can be hit and just carry on and pretend it didn't hit. You cant deny I paint splat.
The setup was an old factory they had access to with various levels, stair ways, open areas with just concrete pillars and some smaller rooms, also a rainy day so was pretty dark. Ideal conditions and setup, and it was a bit of fun, but at the end of the day when it all finished up and you see the guys that have brought heaps of gear and are dressed like spec ops guys, you cant help but feel like a bit of a dick with play guns and playing dead being hit by a plastic pellet (or not if your a cheater).
NZRide is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZRide View Post
I did it a few years back, and the biggest problem is the honor system. Especially if you have a long range shootout (range is very good on the guns). The range takes the sting out and a little hard to see, they can be hit and just carry on and pretend it didn't hit. You cant deny I paint splat.
The setup was an old factory they had access to with various levels, stair ways, open areas with just concrete pillars and some smaller rooms, also a rainy day so was pretty dark. Ideal conditions and setup, and it was a bit of fun, but at the end of the day when it all finished up and you see the guys that have brought heaps of gear and are dressed like spec ops guys, you cant help but feel like a bit of a dick with play guns and playing dead being hit by a plastic pellet (or not if your a cheater).
True.
Oh well, I am balls deep now, might as well make the most
Rotcoddam411 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome