starting skateboarding this summer - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
//NHboarder//
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default starting skateboarding this summer

i used to skateboard back in middle school but stopped, and now i want to get back into it because of 3 reasons

#1 i miss snowboarding way to much when theres snow and i dont remember not enjoying skateboarding, but i never really got into it, so why not give it a shot right??

#2 I normally spend my whole summer drinking soda and beating all my videogames 3 times, gaining 20 pounds in two months (yes i did) so i have to get out and do something

#3 all the douchebags at my school have LONGboards and think they're the shit because they ride a skateboard from their car to the school, but none of them know how to stop so i have to show them up.

So any skateboarders here got any tips, stories, suggestions?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
desklamp
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

give up soda, you won't regret it (i didn't)
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
legallyillegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: fuck Snowboarding
Posts: 4,477
Default

moar liek give up soda and have another BEER
__________________
THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
//NHboarder//
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

tryed, i suffer from too much caffeine withdrawel (not kidding)

BEER
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
[Ian]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Well if you want something thats similar to snowboarding then i suggest longboarding. However i'm not talking about just riding around. I'm talking about carving, sliding, downhill and what not. Check this out Slopestyle Nontest 2008 on Vimeo .
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VenomousSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 526
Blog Entries: 2
Default

i was in the same boat dude.. but I wanted more of a snowboard ride rathewr than just skating.. I picked up a freebord.. you should really check them out. Mine will be here tuesday! 3 more days and I'll be snowboarding the pavement.

You would definitely make those longboard pricks look lame as hell if you came sliding by them on your freebord.
__________________
2010 Snowboardingforum.com East Coast Meet Scout Master


09 GNU Riders Choice
09 GNU Fastecs
09 GNU Park Pickle
09 Burton Missions
Burton Sabbath's
VenomousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VenomousSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 526
Blog Entries: 2
Default

YouTube - Chris Rotax - Texas St, SF - Uncut Freebording
__________________
2010 Snowboardingforum.com East Coast Meet Scout Master


09 GNU Riders Choice
09 GNU Fastecs
09 GNU Park Pickle
09 Burton Missions
Burton Sabbath's
VenomousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
[Ian]
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomousSVT View Post
i was in the same boat dude.. but I wanted more of a snowboard ride rathewr than just skating.. I picked up a freebord.. you should really check them out. Mine will be here tuesday! 3 more days and I'll be snowboarding the pavement.

You would definitely make those longboard pricks look lame as hell if you came sliding by them on your freebord.
maybe you didnt see my video dude. Check out the sliding in this Slopestyle Nontest 2008 on Vimeo
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VenomousSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 526
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Ian] View Post
maybe you didnt see my video dude. Check out the sliding in this Slopestyle Nontest 2008 on Vimeo
no i saw your video... but about 3% of all longboarders can do that shit... anyone that can snowboard can do that shit on a freebord.. apparently you are trying to compare normal people to damn professionals.
__________________
2010 Snowboardingforum.com East Coast Meet Scout Master


09 GNU Riders Choice
09 GNU Fastecs
09 GNU Park Pickle
09 Burton Missions
Burton Sabbath's
VenomousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Snowy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by //NHboarder// View Post
i used to skateboard back in middle school but stopped, and now i want to get back into it because of 3 reasons

#1 i miss snowboarding way to much when theres snow and i dont remember not enjoying skateboarding, but i never really got into it, so why not give it a shot right??

#2 I normally spend my whole summer drinking soda and beating all my videogames 3 times, gaining 20 pounds in two months (yes i did) so i have to get out and do something

#3 all the douchebags at my school have LONGboards and think they're the shit because they ride a skateboard from their car to the school, but none of them know how to stop so i have to show them up.

So any skateboarders here got any tips, stories, suggestions?

Wow, thats basically me you just wrote about. I just started this summer but I used to do it way back. I just bought a new 200$ board and have been hitting the skateboard park as much as i can to stay fit.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums