I just can't get the pump down, my feet always slip around on the grip tape and get out of place. Also for now I'm no longer in the city so don't have a chance to practice until i move into my apartment next week.
Ok, let me rephrase the technique I use. You actually want to rotate your whole leg and not just the feet. Put even weight on both legs. Try this..
1. Push off something while going straight, and bend your legs.
2. Rotate both leg outward, toes pointing out more. At the same time, do 3.
3. Push your leading leg back behind you, at the same time push you trailing leg in front of you. (like doing a front split, while traveling side ways)
4. Slowly rotate your leg until both your toes are pointing inward, at the same time, do 5.
5. Pulling both leg back to center.
6. Repeat 1-5, but reverse the rotation and leg push/pulls.
Its going to feel like you are always criss crossing your legs.