Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Off-Topic General Discussion (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/off-topic-general-discussion/)
-   -   WRX owners... thoughts on 2015? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/off-topic-general-discussion/114409-wrx-owners-thoughts-2015-a.html)

Chef Jer 12-26-2013 09:01 PM

WRX owners... thoughts on 2015?
 
As a 2012 WRX hatch owner I think the 2015 is an abortion. 260hp? 0-60 in 5.7? No more boxer rumble (equal length headers) WTF?

Subaru missed on this one! Any other WRX/STI owners in here got thoughts?

2015 Subaru WRX First Drive - Autoblog

hardasacatshead 12-26-2013 09:27 PM

Disappointing to say the least. It looks like a 1996 liberty in the front. The boxer rumble is half the reason I bought one in 2010. Let's hope the STi looks a bit meaner.

bseracka 12-26-2013 10:01 PM

I'm not at all impressed with the exterior, especially after seeing the prototype. I think the new 2l has some significant potential it will be interesting to see how much additional power can be pulled out of it, on the interior I like the integrated gages in the clock pod and soft touch plastics; the stiffer suspension and chassis is nice too.

Two things to keep in mind with the 0-60 time, Subaru is generally conservative in the published times and you have the extra shift with the new 6 speed

hardasacatshead 12-26-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bseracka (Post 1373657)
I'm not at all impressed with the exterior, especially after seeing the prototype.

The prototype was stunning. It'd be nice to see a manufacturer really go out on a limb and produce something so aggressive.

boarderaholic 12-26-2013 10:33 PM

2015 is ugly as sin, but the new engine is going to be awesome. I test drove the 2014 FXT with the FIT20DA with the CVT transmission, and it was FUN. I can only imagine the power potential for the WRX. The thing that KILLS me though is that Subaru is no longer offering the WRX in hatch form for the foreseeable future. I'm curious as to how this is going to impact their sales for this. This also begs the question, wtf are they going to do with the STi? The new WRX puts out almost as much power as the STi with what I would are much "better" parts, if you will. On top of that, apart from body style, the STi really hasn't changed very much at all since... 05? (North American release.)

Chef Jer 12-27-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boarderaholic (Post 1373705)
2015 is ugly as sin, but the new engine is going to be awesome. I test drove the 2014 FXT with the FIT20DA with the CVT transmission, and it was FUN. I can only imagine the power potential for the WRX. The thing that KILLS me though is that Subaru is no longer offering the WRX in hatch form for the foreseeable future. I'm curious as to how this is going to impact their sales for this. This also begs the question, wtf are they going to do with the STi? The new WRX puts out almost as much power as the STi with what I would are much "better" parts, if you will. On top of that, apart from body style, the STi really hasn't changed very much at all since... 05? (North American release.)

Not having a hatch version takes the new wrx out of my consideration set for my next car. While I like the new dual scroll turbo's I'm disappointed in increase in the 0-60 time to 5.7.

There hasn't been much separation between the wrx and sti for a while. The current gen WRX is faster 0-60 (270hp) than the STI (one additional shift). However, the STI is better on a track with better suspension, breaks, and internals.

Deimus85 12-27-2013 08:31 AM

I miss my 1998 coupe impreza, and I can't wait to get another Subaru.

I really want a wagon, however, and the lack of a WRX version this season makes me a sad panda. I wasn't really in the market for a brand new car, so I am sure I can find a nice used WRX Wagon, Forester XT, or Legacy Outback for a good price when I am ready to buy.

For now, my 2000 Civic Sedan will just have to do. :(

Big Foot 12-27-2013 08:43 AM

I've always been a fan of the WRX. The 2015... not at all. It looks like a Honda Civic.

NewbALewb 01-01-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Jer (Post 1373457)
As a 2012 WRX hatch owner I think the 2015 is an abortion. 260hp? 0-60 in 5.7? No more boxer rumble (equal length headers) WTF?

Subaru missed on this one! Any other WRX/STI owners in here got thoughts?

2015 Subaru WRX First Drive - Autoblog

I wouldnt say I hate it... I LOVE the new interior though, I actually like the new suspension upgrades and stuff.... THe new LCD screen on the dash is AWESOME!

I am waiting on the new sti though... it BETTER be the best one ever...

Triple8Sol 01-02-2014 12:55 AM

It really seems the new WRX is assuming the role of the outgoing LGT. Exterior styling is pretty blah, definitely a huge letdown from the prototype, especially the rear and side profiling. Interior is the biggest upgrade, but that's not saying much since previous versions were pretty unimpressive. Hopefully the STI packs more power and better styling, not to mention coming in a wagon.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2