Tattoo Covering-Makeup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lancemanly424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 106
Default Tattoo Covering-Makeup

I wanted to see if anyone has had an experience with any of the waterproof makeups specifically for covering up tattoos.

Im gonna be going to Panama this December to see my Grandmother because she isn't doing well. I need to cover them up because my (hispanic) family isnt too keen on body art and have no idea that I have any.

They're pretty big and we'll be in Panama so which means well end up at a beach.
lancemanly424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Deacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hudson, WI
Posts: 1,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancemanly424 View Post
I wanted to see if anyone has had an experience with any of the waterproof makeups specifically for covering up tattoos.

Im gonna be going to Panama this December to see my Grandmother because she isn't doing well. I need to cover them up because my (hispanic) family isnt too keen on body art and have no idea that I have any.

They're pretty big and we'll be in Panama so which means well end up at a beach.
I do, but it's been 20 years, so I couldn't tell you what kind I used. It worked ok though.
__________________
2014/2015

Troll -- 1
Afton -- 1
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lancemanly424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
I do, but it's been 20 years, so I couldn't tell you what kind I used. It worked ok though.
Ya I've seen a couple. I think I may be leaning towards the dermablend they have out or the katt von d line. I just wanted to see from someones personal experience on how natural it looked. For some of them you need more than one item to do the job others you don't but arent waterproof. Decisions Decisions
lancemanly424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Deacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hudson, WI
Posts: 1,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancemanly424 View Post
Ya I've seen a couple. I think I may be leaning towards the dermablend they have out or the katt von d line. I just wanted to see from someones personal experience on how natural it looked. For some of them you need more than one item to do the job others you don't but arent waterproof. Decisions Decisions
I had to use two colors to match my skin tone. Plus, if you catch a tan while you're down there, or worse, a burn, you're gonna have a heck of a time matching that.
__________________
2014/2015

Troll -- 1
Afton -- 1
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 5,206
Default

temporary tats or temporary family? neither? time to just man up?

tats are pretty mainstream these days, they know u live here.

sorry, no offence, but seems like alot of effort to hide who you are.

i'm a black sheep with ink from religious background, I get it.

I mean you are going to the beach and want to hide big tats, chances are its gonna be noticeable anyway then u look like the guy trying to hide his tats? Or just keep a shirt on. An interview would be one thing but the beach...sounds like a challenge!

Interested to hear how it turns out, sounds like a real pain!

Best wishes to gramma.
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lancemanly424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
temporary tats or temporary family? neither? time to just man up?

tats are pretty mainstream these days, they know u live here.

sorry, no offence, but seems like alot of effort to hide who you are.

i'm a black sheep with ink from religious background, I get it.

I mean you are going to the beach and want to hide big tats, chances are its gonna be noticeable anyway then u look like the guy trying to hide his tats? Or just keep a shirt on. An interview would be one thing but the beach...sounds like a challenge!

Interested to hear how it turns out, sounds like a real pain!

Best wishes to gramma.
Ya I hear ya. Thats what I'm really worried about is being able to hide them in the first place. My gf said she was gonna take me to this makeup place to see how it looks but who knows maybe I will man up haha and thanks!
lancemanly424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
f00bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Western Mass
Posts: 643
Default

Eh, I doubt it's the first time you've disapointed them
f00bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lancemanly424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00bar View Post
Eh, I doubt it's the first time you've disapointed them
I've done quite alot to give my parents grey hairs but 1 thing theyve always said growing up is no tattoos... 3 tattoos later I'm stuck with this predicament haha!
lancemanly424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,639
Default

Time to man up and take your beats... I'm lucky, my mom took me to get my first tattoo at 17 (she's quite conservative so I was surprised!)

How about wearing a dive skin while at the beach?!?
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 5,206
Default

My parents always said "no" but they knew the minute I left the house shit was going down.....
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums