Today I Hate Thread! - Page 188 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 54Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1871 of 3852 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 09:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Optikal_Illuzion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Past due. Walked around for 4 hours at the mall yesterday to make sure it wasn't fake. Turns out it was. Even had my "show"... come out and plaaaaa-yaaaay! Please...!? I'm tired
Optikal_Illuzion is offline  
post #1872 of 3852 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 11:10 AM
Moderator
 
boarderaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,937
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optikal_Illuzion View Post
Past due. Walked around for 4 hours at the mall yesterday to make sure it wasn't fake. Turns out it was. Even had my "show"... come out and plaaaaa-yaaaay! Please...!? I'm tired
C'mon baby! Make an appearance!

As for myself, I hate that I'm seemingly cranky for no reason, except for the part where I can't stop thinking about how this one parent seem to have the expectation that her child should be a mini Shaun White by now.
boarderaholic is offline  
post #1873 of 3852 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Optikal_Illuzion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
C'mon baby! Make an appearance!

As for myself, I hate that I'm seemingly cranky for no reason, except for the part where I can't stop thinking about how this one parent seem to have the expectation that her child should be a mini Shaun White by now.
Haha I'm projecting on to you You are just feeling my crankiness!
Optikal_Illuzion is offline  
post #1874 of 3852 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 01:29 PM
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 5,936
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
We have had an amazing weekend of knee deep pow up north and I couldn't get there! We even had a decent weekend of 6,8, maybe 10 inches locally since Thurs/fri. My back and hip have kept me from getting out and adding days to my total in that too!

I've Tried the steroids, naproxin, ice, had a Chiro adjustment fri. morning! Still fucked! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! In fact it's still snowing now. Big fluffy white flakes of powdered awesome, and my back and hip hurt enough that I don't want to risk my 6 days vacation snowboarding at Boyne first week in Feb, by going out today!


But,... I WAAANNAAAA!!!!!!

You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

Feb/Apr 2011. (27) days!
2011/12 (38) days!
2012/13 (48) days!
2013/14 (44) days!
2014/15 (00)
2015/16 (12) days!

"The Older I get,.. The faster I was!!"
chomps1211 is online now  
post #1875 of 3852 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 01:52 PM
The Swiss Miss
 
neni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swiss Alps
Posts: 4,401
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
We have had an amazing weekend of knee deep pow up north and I couldn't get there! We even had a decent weekend of 6,8, maybe 10 inches locally since Thurs/fri. My back and hip have kept me from getting out and adding days to my total in that too!

I've Tried the steroids, naproxin, ice, had a Chiro adjustment fri. morning! Still fucked! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! In fact it's still snowing now. Big fluffy white flakes of powdered awesome, and my back and hip hurt enough that I don't want to risk my 6 days vacation snowboarding at Boyne first week in Feb, by going out today!


But,... I WAAANNAAAA!!!!!!
that really sucks! Is it due to a recent injury or - pardon - age wear n tear? Get well soon

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale
neni is offline  
post #1876 of 3852 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 02:10 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
stickz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wa
Posts: 533
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Today I Hate Thread!

when 3 stupid fucking skiers try and put the bar down on the lift. Really 3 skiers on the chair and me. How the fuck was that suppose to work. what may have been worse was the 2 stupid fucking boarders who tried to put the bar down when my buddy(boarder) and I were both on the lift with them. only reason for those bars are to strap in early with one or no other persons on the chair.
stickz is offline  
post #1877 of 3852 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 02:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Unkept Porpoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Saskatchewan :(
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickz View Post
when 3 stupid fucking skiers try and put the bar down on the lift. Really 3 skiers on the chair and me. How the fuck was that suppose to work. what may have been worse was the 2 stupid fucking boarders who tried to put the bar down when my buddy(boarder) and I were both on the lift with them. only reason for those bars are to strap in early with one or no other persons on the chair.
Or to do what the bars are for and rest your board on them/ protect you from falling. I have no problem with the bars and actually prefer them so my board isn't just hanging there. Maybe it's you.
Unkept Porpoise is offline  
post #1878 of 3852 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 5,936
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
that really sucks! Is it due to a recent injury or - pardon - age wear n tear? Get well soon
Hahaha!! No pardon needed! (...said it before, I'll say it again! Getting old isn't for pussies!)

Honestly I'm not sure which it is. I think it might b a little of both. Last week, it was my neck and shoulder, down into scapular area. That was bad too. This has been going on ever since those two biffs last time at Boyne. They hurt at the time, but I din't think they were all that bad! I've had worse crashes and fails before without all this trouble.

If it were just the arthritis, the steroids should have helped. They r the only thing that works on the pain from my arthritic condition. I definitely have a "Hot" nerve somewhere in my lunbar/hip region, but whether from arthritic inflamation or recent crash? Can't say for sure. (...of course shoveling snow from the drive isn't helping either! LOL!)

Thanks for the well wishes! From your lips to God's ear! I want to be able to shred all day all week when I do head north!

You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

Feb/Apr 2011. (27) days!
2011/12 (38) days!
2012/13 (48) days!
2013/14 (44) days!
2014/15 (00)
2015/16 (12) days!

"The Older I get,.. The faster I was!!"

Last edited by chomps1211; 01-26-2014 at 02:44 PM.
chomps1211 is online now  
post #1879 of 3852 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 06:10 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
stickz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wa
Posts: 533
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Today I Hate Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkept Porpoise View Post
Or to do what the bars are for and rest your board on them/ protect you from falling. I have no problem with the bars and actually prefer them so my board isn't just hanging there. Maybe it's you.

with 4 people on the lift it was impossible for it to go down without pinching the fuck outta me, and there was no way to get my board anyway near a resting on the bar point. If you have a problem falling outta a seat sorry for ya. I don't. the bar is fucking stupid. if they were important they would be on every lift. since they are not there's no point in having them at all!!!! My legs are strong the board "just hanging there" doesn't bother me at all even at the end of the day.

Last edited by stickz; 01-26-2014 at 06:12 PM.
stickz is offline  
post #1880 of 3852 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Veteran Member
 
Noreaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 784
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickz View Post
with 4 people on the lift it was impossible for it to go down without pinching the fuck outta me
Been on lifts with 2 people, 4 people, 6 people, all skiers, all boarders, toddlers, seniors, people with dogs, people with equipment, high people, drunk people, people having panic attacks, disabled skiers in adaptive program and hell knows who else. Never had a bar pinch me, never let a bar pinch anyone else. If you're having a problem with it - it is you, not the skiers and not the bar.
Noreaster is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome