Today I Hate Thread! - Page 189 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #1881 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Fewdfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Midwest
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkept Porpoise View Post
aaaaand snowboarding isn't happening today because the temp went from +3C with no wind yesterday afternoon to -38 with 80k winds today. Seriously? it even snowed last night too. Im just going to sit in bed and wait till next weekend.
I feel you my day off is Tues and all the local resorts around here are closed because of this "Polar Vortex" temperature situation until Weds... Then luck seemed to be in favor tonight and I got off early and headed out to get in a few hours on the hill before close and damn near blizzard condition wind made driving treacherous. No snow falling and roads were aight but the blowing snow was so bad I could not see my car hood! I had to like stop on the highway and wait for this to slow down so I could see every five feet... and of course its BFE and dark. I was probably 1 mile from the hill and had to turn around it was so impassable. Drove an hour for nothing. So mad but my next day off is Thurs so hopefully I will get a chance then. Not a horrible problem to have to much winter weather but the timing sucks!
Fewdfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:17 PM   #1882 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Unkept Porpoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Saskatchewan :(
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewdfreak View Post
I feel you my day off is Tues and all the local resorts around here are closed because of this "Polar Vortex" temperature situation until Weds... Then luck seemed to be in favor tonight and I got off early and headed out to get in a few hours on the hill before close and damn near blizzard condition wind made driving treacherous. No snow falling and roads were aight but the blowing snow was so bad I could not see my car hood! I had to like stop on the highway and wait for this to slow down so I could see every five feet... and of course its BFE and dark. I was probably 1 mile from the hill and had to turn around it was so impassable. Drove an hour for nothing. So mad but my next day off is Thurs so hopefully I will get a chance then. Not a horrible problem to have to much winter weather but the timing sucks!
Yup timing has been awful this year, the days I can go are closed and it's polar vortexing like nobody's business. Then when the conditions are good I'm working
Unkept Porpoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:19 PM   #1883 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
MarshallV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 758
Default

Today I hate moron parents who cruise through the park with their kid. I almost took out a ~6 year old and his dad that were resting or slowly turning on the landing of a 30' kicker. I even sat at the top with nobody in sight changing songs and gearing up before I dropped in, they must of been there for 2-3 mins!

What do I get?
"Watch where you're fucking going, that's my kid!" Yeah, fuck you buddy. I just told him to get off the damn landing before someone gets hurt and rode away.. Some people shouldn't breed.

If I didn't stomp that 540 clean (Which I rarely do..) I would of taken them out. I just barely missed the kid as is.
MarshallV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:32 PM   #1884 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Fewdfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Midwest
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
Today I hate moron parents who cruise through the park with their kid. I almost took out a ~6 year old and his dad that were resting or slowly turning on the landing of a 30' kicker. I even sat at the top with nobody in sight changing songs and gearing up before I dropped in, they must of been there for 2-3 mins!

What do I get?
"Watch where you're fucking going, that's my kid!" Yeah, fuck you buddy. I just told him to get off the damn landing before someone gets hurt and rode away.. Some people shouldn't breed.

If I didn't stomp that 540 clean (Which I rarely do..) I would of taken them out. I just barely missed the kid as is.
Made the mistake of going out MLK day, hill was packed as expected but its not the crowd that irritated me as much as the kids that would post up on the downslope of the jumps, just chillin'. I understand if you slam and can't get out the way quick but these kids weren't even hitting anything but just fuckin' chillin' or playing with their new GoPro's trying to get footage of their buddies just crusing over the lips of jumps... and then playing it back and watching it... That or they would sit at the approach... some of us need a good takeoff for speed to get a clean jump. I said to a skiier dad in the lift line that they should open up a hot chocolate stand at the bottom of the jump then atleast the chillin' crowd would at least be single file. So irritated, I felt so old... WTF happened to etiquette. I like had to take a smoke break after that.
Fewdfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:30 AM   #1885 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 3,233
Default

FML!!! Today I hate that this back thing appears to be WAY more serious than I first thought. Definitely not a simple arthritis flare. Sitting or standing/walking brings bad shooting pain in L lumbar and hip. Walking to n from coffee pot almost brought me to tears this am.

Gonna let the Chiropractor take another shot at this today! I'm praying I didn't blow out a disk or something bouncing around on our shitty roads in the big rig @ work.

My vacation starts this next Sat. I fear my 6 days snowboarding up north is in serious jeopardy!!!!
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:35 AM   #1886 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 4,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
FML!!! Today I hate that this back thing appears to be WAY more serious than I first thought. Definitely not a simple arthritis flare. Sitting or standing/walking brings bad shooting pain in L lumbar and hip. Walking to n from coffee pot almost brought me to tears this am.

Gonna let the Chiropractor take another shot at this today! I'm praying I didn't blow out a disk or something bouncing around on our shitty roads in the big rig @ work.

My vacation starts this next Sat. I fear my 6 days snowboarding up north is in serious jeopardy!!!!
When it comes to this stuff, traditional western medicine is a giant turd, imo.

Get you some acupuncture. Go see an old chinese person with herbs and acupressure. I've had pretty serious back problems for 20 years and acupuncture is always my emergency plan. I try to not get it done when I don't need it, seems to have a stronger effect that way. Even most chiropractic shit is whack, pullin and pusshin on your body, pretty sure I can "uncorrect" any violent torque a chiropractor puts on my joints with 5 minutes on the couch....
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash

Last edited by snowklinger; 01-27-2014 at 08:41 AM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:35 PM   #1887 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 229
Default

Have you tried going to a physiotherapist rather than a chiropractor Chomps? A good one, not someone who'll just massage the problem area and temporarily relieve the pain. Someone who can diagnose the problem (not necessarily the cause) and fix it, not just relieve it.

I had back trouble for years - at worst I couldn't get down the stairs unaided. Tried everything* to no avail. Finally found a physio who came recommended who said in the first session "don't know what caused it, but here's what's happening and how bad it's gotten, here's how we're going to address, and here's how you're going to stop it happening again". Each session was about five minutes of massage to help relieve it, and the rest was stretches, tests and showing me exercises and making sure I was doing them right. Long story short it worked.



* yes, including accupuncture - it worked for plenty of people I know, it did jack squat for me
RagJuice Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:43 AM   #1888 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Anticrobotic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagJuice Crew View Post
Have you tried going to a physiotherapist rather than a chiropractor Chomps? A good one, not someone who'll just massage the problem area and temporarily relieve the pain. Someone who can diagnose the problem (not necessarily the cause) and fix it, not just relieve it.
+1. Or a Naptrapath (a good one). Has helped me immensely.

Oh, and Chomps: Get a proper health checkup... Not to be the bringer of bad news, but shooting pains usually means a hiernated disc. Or worse.
Anticrobotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #1889 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 3,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrobotic View Post
+1. Or a Naptrapath (a good one). Has helped me immensely.

Oh, and Chomps: Get a proper health checkup... Not to be the bringer of bad news, but shooting pains usually means a hiernated disc. Or worse.
Yup! That's what I'm afraid of at this point. asked the Chiro that very ? and he said I had swelling and a bruised disk but not herniated. I don't know how he came to that conclusion as I understood that an MRI is the only definitive way to detect a herniated disk.

Missed work yesterday, and looking like today is a no go as well! Not to mention at this point, I'm about 80% certain that my snowboarding vacation next week is out! FML again!!!!

I'm good and pain free lying down, but as soon as I get vertical load on my spine, I'm in pain. Sitting, standing whatever. If I put my hands down on a countertop or chair, and take even a slight bit of the vert load off my spine, the pain goes away.

So I'm fairly certain at this point that this is more serious than any past back trouble I've had! I hope this isn't the end of my season!
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:06 PM   #1890 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Yup! That's what I'm afraid of at this point. asked the Chiro that very ? and he said I had swelling and a bruised disk but not herniated. I don't know how he came to that conclusion as I understood that an MRI is the only definitive way to detect a herniated disk.

Missed work yesterday, and looking like today is a no go as well! Not to mention at this point, I'm about 80% certain that my snowboarding vacation next week is out! FML again!!!!

I'm good and pain free lying down, but as soon as I get vertical load on my spine, I'm in pain. Sitting, standing whatever. If I put my hands down on a countertop or chair, and take even a slight bit of the vert load off my spine, the pain goes away.

So I'm fairly certain at this point that this is more serious than any past back trouble I've had! I hope this isn't the end of my season!
I ended up with a herniated disc in the middle of all my trouble which slowed down progress, but isn't the end of the world - my physio didn't tell me but if didn't respond well I would have had to go for an operation but luckily it did. Not saying yours will be, but (a) they can tell without an MRI (not as definitively obviously) and (b) if it goes that way don't panic.

My heart goes out to you because I had to give up a lot for a long time to sort out my issues too (though I did take a boarding trip in the middle of it all! Probably didn't help but...). If that's the case, you just have to treat it as training. Prep for your next season or whatever. Be very focussed on getting it "fixed" and don't dwell on what you are missing in the short term. Easier said than done, I know,
RagJuice Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums