Mark McMorris Infinite Air - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
dfitz364's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ohio :/
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Mark McMorris Infinite Air

Anyone have a chance to play it yet? Not sure if I want to but it yet or not. Have heard mixed reviews and definitely don't want to end up like the latest THPS game..
dfitz364 is offline  
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 12:29 PM
jae
Veteran Member
 
jae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
you can watch people playing it https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game...Infinite%20Air

or youtube it.

I used to be a gamer but after snowboarding I quit all games. I don't get the same rush that I used to. even during my off time I rather do something else now. it's been a year since I last touched one. why I put a backstory? I can't judge anymore if games are fun or not.
jae is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
dfitz364's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ohio :/
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jae View Post
you can watch people playing it https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game...Infinite%20Air

or youtube it.

I used to be a gamer but after snowboarding I quit all games. I don't get the same rush that I used to. even during my off time I rather do something else now. it's been a year since I last touched one. why I put a backstory? I can't judge anymore if games are fun or not.
I've seen the gameplay and what not. Just hard to judge without having played it, ya know? I figured if anyone was a fan of games and snowboarding, they'd be the best people to ask.

I feel ya on video games in general though. I have recently backed off playing as much as I used to, but still enjoy relaxing and playing every once in a while. Still always entertaining to get a group of guys together and play a bit of drunk driver, mario kart 64 style though
dfitz364 is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 06:47 PM
Senior Member
 
aggie05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I'm pretty curious about it too. I was trying to find a trusted set of reviews earlier today, but came up empty. From the initial video impressions the game seems...like it's missing something. Can't put a finger on it though.
aggie05 is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 07:14 PM
Veteran Member
 
linvillegorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Evergreen, CO
Posts: 9,688
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
Did I see a 3960 in there? Thats eleven full rotations. LOL
linvillegorge is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
dfitz364's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ohio :/
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie05 View Post
I'm pretty curious about it too. I was trying to find a trusted set of reviews earlier today, but came up empty. From the initial video impressions the game seems...like it's missing something. Can't put a finger on it though.


I agree. It seems like it's missing some life or something. Seems like a huge white screen with a guy doing a ton of flips and such. If that makes sense?..

Maybe if there is like a create-a-rider/career type mode it may not be bad, but haven't read anything about that even being included. I don't know, hopefully someone has played it and chimes in soon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Days riding 16/17: 13
dfitz364 is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 09:55 PM
Veteran Member
 
freshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Salmon Arm BC
Posts: 1,635
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Buddy from work was hyping this up so much and pre ordered, next time I see him I'll ask. Yeah, looks good but I'm in no rush to buy it either.

But who gives a fuck about Mark McMorris? That is the real question here.

I don't believe in signatures
freshy is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 480
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshy View Post
Buddy from work was hyping this up so much and pre ordered, next time I see him I'll ask. Yeah, looks good but I'm in no rush to buy it either.

But who gives a fuck about Mark McMorris? That is the real question here.
Disagree. Mark is my favourite snowboarder. He has the talent and is super down to earth.
WasabiCanuck and GDimac like this.
basser is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 03:05 AM
Senior Member
 
GDimac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfitz364 View Post

Maybe if there is like a create-a-rider/career type mode it may not be bad, but haven't read anything about that even being included. I don't know, hopefully someone has played it and chimes in soon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I read on the back of the hard copy, there should be a Create A Rider feature. Prob gonna get the game in the near future mainly cos of this lol. A world where I could potential do a triple cork, or any cork for that matter haha . But ya, if not for that prob wouldn't be as inclined cos I think there's only a handful of pro riders you can choose from to begin with. Gotta admit tho the game looks pretty sick in general and haven't heard of a pure shred game in a long time, so there's that at least. And just learned about another game that's out too called Steep, but it's not just a snowboarding game. Has skiing & wing suit flying too. From what I've read, seems like the discussion is between those 2 in terms of which one is better to get.

Though not my fave style of riding personally, I still think Mark McMorris has style and seems like a super cool dude to hang and ride with. A good rep for us Canadian shredders imo
WasabiCanuck and basser like this.

Happy Shredding
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GDimac is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
dfitz364's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ohio :/
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDimac View Post
From what I read on the back of the hard copy, there should be a Create A Rider feature. Prob gonna get the game in the near future mainly cos of this lol. A world where I could potential do a triple cork, or any cork for that matter haha . But ya, if not for that prob wouldn't be as inclined cos I think there's only a handful of pro riders you can choose from to begin with. Gotta admit tho the game looks pretty sick in general and haven't heard of a pure shred game in a long time, so there's that at least. And just learned about another game that's out too called Steep, but it's not just a snowboarding game. Has skiing & wing suit flying too. From what I've read, seems like the discussion is between those 2 in terms of which one is better to get.



Though not my fave style of riding personally, I still think Mark McMorris has style and seems like a super cool dude to hang and ride with. A good rep for us Canadian shredders imo


I agree, I have the utmost respect for Mark. He seems like a super chill guy who has a ton of talent.

That's good to hear about the create a rider. I am torn. Part of me wants to get it. The other part of me doesn't want to spend money and be let down haha

I actually joined and played the alpha (beta?) test of Steep. I'm not sure what all I am allowed to talk about since I signed a non-disclosure waiver. But I did get to play it and play all disciplines.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GDimac likes this.

Days riding 16/17: 13
dfitz364 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome