Today I Love Thread - Page 25 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 155Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 1567 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member
 
Karasene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Utah/NH
Posts: 812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Making random friend connections

So I had to get a desk job after breaking my arm last season now that I'm in recovery... and I got hired at a call center. I sell people on splitting up their debits to pay their mortgage, bi-weekly, semi-monthly etc. "Save thousands in interest, pay your loan off sooner, build equity faster in your home" people yelling at you about their loans being sold/our system is down/why is their a fee/you're not my mortgage company?... blah blah. Others very happy to get started and set it up automatically.

Well today I had a guy call he was 63 and while my computer was loading screens he asked where I was located I replied, "Utah" -"Oh yes I've been to Utah, rode at Parkcity".. "Where are you located sir?" -"Bellingham, Washinton".. "oh yes I would love to visit the mountains in Washington. Mount Baker especially" -"That's exactly where we ride! I got 35 days in this past season!"

You can imagine the non work related conversation took off from there. His daughter and I are the same age and he was talking about how she did some winter couch surfing. me-"No way! I did some couch surfing myself, that's what brought me out here in the first place. I was lucky to get in 26 different resorts two seasons back." Then I go, "I would never normally do this, but I'd love to give you my information, if your daughter ever would like to visit Utah I'd be happy to let her couch surf here" he told me his daughters name and explained that he loves riding with her and her crew and that they all know Mt. Baker like the back of their hand and that if I ever get a chance to visit Washington he and his family would be happy to give me and my boyfriend a place to stay and he'd love to buy both of us a beer one day, he told me his daughters name and to expect a FB friend request from her and possibly himself. Anyway. There you have it. One good thing that happened to me today. A couch offer and a personal tour of Mt Baker when I get the chance. Way stoked on the first good thing that has happened since yesterday. Let's just hope he follows through!

To legit to quit.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

On the move this season.

Last edited by Karasene; 07-31-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Karasene is offline  
post #242 of 1567 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 08:52 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Deacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hudson, WI
Posts: 2,474
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karasene View Post
Making random friend connections

So I had to get a desk job after breaking my arm last season now that I'm in recovery... and I got hired at a call center. I sell people on splitting up their debits to pay their mortgage, bi-weekly, semi-monthly etc. "Save thousands in interest, pay your loan off sooner, build equity faster in your home" people yelling at you about their loans being sold/our system is down/why is their a fee/you're not my mortgage company?... blah blah. Others very happy to get started and set it up automatically.

Well today I had a guy call he was 63 and while my computer was loading screens he asked where I was located I replied, "Utah" -"Oh yes I've been to Utah, rode at Parkcity".. "Where are you located sir?" -"Bellingham, Washinton".. "oh yes I would love to visit the mountains in Washington. Mount Baker especially" -"That's exactly where we ride! I got 35 days in this past season!"

You can imagine the non work related conversation took off from there. His daughter and I are the same age and he was talking about how she did some winter couch surfing. me-"No way! I did some couch surfing myself, that's what brought me out here in the first place. I was lucky to get in 26 different resorts two seasons back." Then I go, "I would never normally do this, but I'd love to give you my information, if your daughter ever would like to visit Utah I'd be happy to let her couch surf here" he told me his daughters name and explained that he loves riding with her and her crew and that they all know Mt. Baker like the back of their hand and that if I ever get a chance to visit Washington he and his family would be happy to give me and my boyfriend a place to stay and he'd love to buy both of us a beer one day, he told me his daughters name and to expect a FB friend request from her and possibly himself. Anyway. There you have it. One good thing that happened to me today. A couch offer and a personal tour of Mt Baker when I get the chance. Way stoked on the first good thing that has happened since yesterday.
This is a great story! I'm glad today was a better day for you, getting ripped off like you were was just a horrible thing.

"my only interest in statistics is in not becoming one"

--CassMT
Deacon is offline  
post #243 of 1567 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 09:10 PM
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,056
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karasene View Post
Making random friend connections

So I had to get a desk job after breaking my arm last season now that I'm in recovery... and I got hired at a call center. I sell people on splitting up their debits to pay their mortgage, bi-weekly, semi-monthly etc. "Save thousands in interest, pay your loan off sooner, build equity faster in your home" people yelling at you about their loans being sold/our system is down/why is their a fee/you're not my mortgage company?... blah blah. Others very happy to get started and set it up automatically.

Well today I had a guy call he was 63 and while my computer was loading screens he asked where I was located I replied, "Utah" -"Oh yes I've been to Utah, rode at Parkcity".. "Where are you located sir?" -"Bellingham, Washinton".. "oh yes I would love to visit the mountains in Washington. Mount Baker especially" -"That's exactly where we ride! I got 35 days in this past season!"

You can imagine the non work related conversation took off from there. His daughter and I are the same age and he was talking about how she did some winter couch surfing. me-"No way! I did some couch surfing myself, that's what brought me out here in the first place. I was lucky to get in 26 different resorts two seasons back." Then I go, "I would never normally do this, but I'd love to give you my information, if your daughter ever would like to visit Utah I'd be happy to let her couch surf here" he told me his daughters name and explained that he loves riding with her and her crew and that they all know Mt. Baker like the back of their hand and that if I ever get a chance to visit Washington he and his family would be happy to give me and my boyfriend a place to stay and he'd love to buy both of us a beer one day, he told me his daughters name and to expect a FB friend request from her and possibly himself. Anyway. There you have it. One good thing that happened to me today. A couch offer and a personal tour of Mt Baker when I get the chance. Way stoked on the first good thing that has happened since yesterday.
Did you just talk to Wrath on the phone? Lol!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline  
post #244 of 1567 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member
 
Karasene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Utah/NH
Posts: 812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks. Yeah it was refreshing. I really hope he follows through with my contact. I really really would love an offer to visit Baker and ride it with some locals. That would be so super! Fingers crossed.


I don't know much about Wrath other than this forum. lol. If he lives by Mount Baker we should all be friends haha. I live amongst the best snow on eartH!

To legit to quit.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

On the move this season.
Karasene is offline  
post #245 of 1567 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,056
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
Wrath isn't 63 AFAIK, but his daughter shreds Baker with him. Probably wasn't actually Wrath, but Wrath may very likely know the guy you did talk to. Lol

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline  
post #246 of 1567 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 PM
Veteran Member
 
Karasene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Utah/NH
Posts: 812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What mountain do you usually ride?

To legit to quit.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

On the move this season.
Karasene is offline  
post #247 of 1567 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 11:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today I love that tomorrow ill be on the mountain shredding!!!
Anaru is offline  
post #248 of 1567 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 11:17 PM
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,056
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karasene View Post
What mountain do you usually ride?
Me? Snoqualmie usually. But I'll take trips to Stevens, Baker, White Pass and Hood throughout the season. I love living in the PNW.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline  
post #249 of 1567 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 5,073
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder View Post
Wrath isn't 63 AFAIK, but his daughter shreds Baker with him. Probably wasn't actually Wrath, but Wrath may very likely know the guy you did talk to. Lol

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
No, IIRC he'd be about 54.


Error 404. Coffee not found.
Donutz is offline  
post #250 of 1567 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 06:09 PM
The Swiss Miss
 
neni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swiss Alps
Posts: 4,815
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 4
Sheep

"Yeah... no, that's not clumsiness, that's just being topographically challenged" ~ Noreaster
neni is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome