Administrator - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 11:28 AM
thenightmare
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Administrator

Hey man sorry about dicking around the other day.. i like talking about controversial topics and i like bringing energy to the conversation.. as for the problem with the same ip address as Hyma$$, we go to the same school.. because of the firewall we have the same ip address.. i'm using my own profile.. thanks for putting up with us man haha.. hyma$$, dont get me kicked off..
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how old is your buddy hymass? he talks like a second grader
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 11:34 AM
thenightmare
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
haha he's 18.. but dont rag on him man.. sorry but i stick up for friends.. ur not gonna block us are you?
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 11:38 AM
hyma$$
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
wow at least somoone is going to be nice. cuz that is bull crap same ip does he think we are the same person please ha and the threads do pretty good haha and arguing is fun. and alot of people like too do it. i was wrong with the whole (blacks and Music ) but i didnt mean it in a rasist way. i am sorry for that one.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Simply^Ride
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
This is the deal the Forum records the ip address of the main modem. So in theory thenightmare/hyma$$ could correct with the whole IP address situation. The Forum administrator might have a more developed system when you can record the subnet mask IP address but I am not sure if they have one. It is actually simple to test it get 2 computers in the WAP or WEP protected network and go to a ip address detection site, and if you notice they both have the same IP address, even thought they operate under different ones.

Do I believe Thenightmare, maybe it could be possible, but I have to be honest I have my questions about it. As long as they stay calm and stop insulting people with controversial topics, I think they should be fine. But what I find funny is that the conversations just go between each other, if they are friends they could just talk about it in school, why do it here.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Veteran Member
 
Mooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Your pants
Posts: 1,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply^Ride View Post
This is the deal the Forum records the ip address of the main modem. So in theory thenightmare/hyma$$ could correct with the whole IP address situation. The Forum administrator might have a more developed system when you can record the subnet mask IP address but I am not sure if they have one. It is actually simple to test it get 2 computers in the WAP or WEP protected network and go to a ip address detection site, and if you notice they both have the same IP address, even thought they operate under different ones.
Ok, now you're just abusing buzz words They're at a school so the school it going to have one NATd internet connection. Without a client installed on the PC, you aren't going to get their PCs IP address. Even if you did I'd wadger many of us have the same address. Getting the subnet is useless. They're all going to be 255.255.255.0 unless they are super subnetting. Then you still only get 255.255.252.0 etc. WAP and WEP are two different ways to "secure" a wireless network. Both suck mighty nards but WEP is god awfull.

I have a word limit on my cynicism
Mooz is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 06:57 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
baldylox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Your mixing WAP and WPA. Though, like Mooz said, neither is applicable here. Subnet mask would not help anyway as Mooz also pointed out. Maybe you were thinking of MAC addresses? However... those also, are only applicable on the local level (within the same subnet.
baldylox is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 10:37 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
kri$han's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooz View Post
Ok, now you're just abusing buzz words They're at a school so the school it going to have one NATd internet connection. Without a client installed on the PC, you aren't going to get their PCs IP address. Even if you did I'd wadger many of us have the same address. Getting the subnet is useless. They're all going to be 255.255.255.0 unless they are super subnetting. Then you still only get 255.255.252.0 etc. WAP and WEP are two different ways to "secure" a wireless network. Both suck mighty nards but WEP is god awfull.
*sirens* Geek alert!!!

I use dis hurr 'pewter by typin stuff on dis hurr keyboard, and stuff happens on dah screen... uh-huhlk.


Official 'Eh' Team representative

Kris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kri$han is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member
 
Mooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Your pants
Posts: 1,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$han View Post
*sirens* Geek alert!!!

I use dis hurr 'pewter by typin stuff on dis hurr keyboard, and stuff happens on dah screen... uh-huhlk.

Don't get all pissy just because I have a job

eh

I have a word limit on my cynicism
Mooz is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member
 
Mooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Your pants
Posts: 1,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
What mess? That's how networks work.

I have a word limit on my cynicism
Mooz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome