Toughmudder!! - Page 10 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]
 
alaric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CNY
Posts: 1,783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
alaric, then maybe you should read all the posts. I'm assuming you started reading after it spiraled out of control?
I would only call you a pansy if you never played any sport in your life, then entered a ToughMudder & posted pics & vids for the world to see. Telling everyone you were a hardcore extreme athlete. I would say it right to your face, without hesitation.
That's what I have a problem with. Would you not agree?


Honestly? No, I don't agree.
Many people are not in shape. It's a shitty fact, but it's a fact. If someone who is not the most active person completes it and wants to brag about it, good for them! It shows that they want to better themselves and I'm definitely okay with that.

If they want to say it was extreme, things like that then that's okay. For them it very well may have been extreme, while for you and I it's just another run.

If they start to say "I'm badass and you're not" or shit like that, then yeah, I'll call ANYONE out. If Derek Jeter came up to me and said "I'm amazing and you suck" I'd call him out in the fact that I could beat him in a 100m sprint but he'd beat me in a HR competition.

But as I said, if someone wants to call the toughmudder extreme and brag about it a bit, I've got no problem with that as long as they don't degrade other people in the process.

life IS good.


alaric is offline  
post #92 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 6,536
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaric View Post
Honestly? No, I don't agree.
Many people are not in shape. It's a shitty fact, but it's a fact. If someone who is not the most active person completes it and wants to brag about it, good for them! It shows that they want to better themselves and I'm definitely okay with that.

If they want to say it was extreme, things like that then that's okay. For them it very well may have been extreme, while for you and I it's just another run.

If they start to say "I'm badass and you're not" or shit like that, then yeah, I'll call ANYONE out. If Derek Jeter came up to me and said "I'm amazing and you suck" I'd call him out in the fact that I could beat him in a 100m sprint but he'd beat me in a HR competition.

But as I said, if someone wants to call the toughmudder extreme and brag about it a bit, I've got no problem with that as long as they don't degrade other people in the process.
You think you could beat Derek Jeter at a 100 meter sprint?

fwiw I do think TT is pretty exreme.


Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline  
post #93 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Member
 
sk8_choco21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Socal, CA , Mt. High
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaric View Post
If they start to say "I'm badass and you're not" or shit like that, then yeah, I'll call ANYONE out. If Derek Jeter came up to me and said "I'm amazing and you suck" I'd call him out in the fact that I could beat him in a 100m sprint but he'd beat me in a HR competition.

But as I said, if someone wants to call the toughmudder extreme and brag about it a bit, I've got no problem with that as long as they don't degrade other people in the process.
Hahahaha dude you've been saying this whole time that running isn't extreme yet you try and challenge one of the top athletes to a race? Everything about that is laughable.
sk8_choco21 is offline  
post #94 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member
 
snowvols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 1,402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8_choco21 View Post
Hahahaha dude you've been saying this whole time that running isn't extreme yet you try and challenge one of the top athletes to a race? Everything about that is laughable.
I'm pretty sure he said running a marathon is extreme..... I could be wrong though.

The journey of me becoming an Ironman and earning the M-dot tattoo http://ironmaninthesnow.wordpress.com/
snowvols is offline  
post #95 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Member
 
sk8_choco21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Socal, CA , Mt. High
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowvols View Post
I'm pretty sure he said running a marathon is extreme..... I could be wrong though.
Oh idk it sounded to me like he was talking about running in general, still, he thinks he could beat Derek Jeter in a race thats hilarious
sk8_choco21 is offline  
post #96 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8_choco21 View Post
Oh idk it sounded to me like he was talking about running in general, still, he thinks he could beat Derek Jeter in a race thats hilarious
I totally could, i'd beat his pants off. Also I'm just gonna say this. Baseball?? As an athletic comp?? Fuck that shit in the weiner.

Last edited by Frozen; 08-21-2012 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Misspelled weiner.
Frozen is offline  
post #97 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 11:08 PM
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 6,536
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen View Post
I totally could, i'd beat his pants off. Also I'm just gonna say this. Baseball?? As an athletic comp?? Fuck that shit in the weiner.
I bet you could not beat Derek Jeter in a footrace unless you are some sort of competitive runner we don't know about. If your the typical person talking shit because u don't like basebally, ur crazy, he's still paid to be an athlete - are you? I doubt it.

If you are exceptionally fast, fine, but he's not known for being a slow baseball player, your confidence here is sorely misplaced and so unsubstantiated its almost not worth discussing.

Most of the content on this thread is pretty pointless, but randomly saying you can run faster than a professional athlete without some kind of facts about how fast you are or slow he is, is just silly.

Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline  
post #98 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 4,180
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen View Post
I would totally beat him off. Fuck that shit & also suck his weiner.
What you subconsciously meant!

TT

If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is online now  
post #99 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 04:54 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
What you subconsciously meant!

TT
Hahahahaha! X3 gayery. Brutal.
Frozen is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome