Does UPS do this to everyone? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Member
 
tlake2568's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
My UPS guy opens the door says what's up, rips a bong hit, drinks a beer, plays video games with me. You must suck as a person.
I absolutely believe this. Im sure that you order/receive so many orders that he is buddy-buddy with you.
tlake2568 is offline  
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 01:56 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bear Mountain
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You don't really have to wait around all day, after a few deliveries you should notice they come around your 'hood around the same time every time. They're on a timed route. I get my stuff shipped to my girl's house cuz I have live in a condo with my dogs on the patio. By now, I know they go through her neighborhood around 11:00, so I'll text her telling her my package should be there any minute, and sure shit every time she replies "yep, just dropped it off"
SnowOwl is offline  
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 01:58 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bear Mountain
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlake2568 View Post
I absolutely believe this. Im sure that you order/receive so many orders that he is buddy-buddy with you.
What's so hard to believe about it, I'm cool enough with the UPS guy at my office that we will sit back a while just to have full blown conversations about politics, religion, and other shit. Probably because we're both japanese. I've had repair guys i've never met come over, and I'll give em a beer, do some small talk, maybe even offer them a bong toke if they're up to it. Most time they aren't, which is fine.

You don't need to whore yourself in order to have good people skills. Called social life.
SnowOwl is offline  
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlake2568 View Post
I absolutely believe this. Im sure that you order/receive so many orders that he is buddy-buddy with you.
Well unlike peons like you, yes I do.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 02:09 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bear Mountain
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Well unlike peons like you, yes I do.
Looool I admit I had to google peon. very suiting
SnowOwl is offline  
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]
 
alaric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CNY
Posts: 1,783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At the firehouse we get packages from UPS fairly regularly... and we hate them. Even if we're at the station they'll just leave the packages outside of the back door, signature required or not. They just don't seem to care.

FedEx always makes sure we get our packages, and won't leave them without a signature. They'll actually go out of their way 3-4 times a day if they don't get us the first couple times because they know many of our packages are time sensitive (AED pads, gloves, things like that).

life IS good.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
alaric is offline  
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaric View Post
At the firehouse we get packages from UPS fairly regularly... and we hate them. Even if we're at the station they'll just leave the packages outside of the back door, signature required or not. They just don't seem to care.

FedEx always makes sure we get our packages, and won't leave them without a signature. They'll actually go out of their way 3-4 times a day if they don't get us the first couple times because they know many of our packages are time sensitive (AED pads, gloves, things like that).
I used to chat with my UPS guy at work nearly very day (I got 3-4 deliveries every day) The company just ramped up his work load constantly. His route ran 4 times longer in a little over 3 years and he had to pay his own parking tickets.

He used to be great, a real part of my business, but he burned out very quickly. The last few years I had a new guy every couple of months.

He told me that the "no signature" thing was a liability issue. By ringing the doorbell, they can't just give the package to whoever answers. They're obligated to make sure that it reaches the required place. IE if they hand it to a thief, they're liable. If they put it down (as per instructions) and a thief then takes it, then it's not their liability.
Bones is offline  
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Senior Member
 
ChiTownRon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Only once I had the box messed up but the product was fine. USPS always rings my bell if there's mail/ package and both UPS and FedEx guys that do my route will leave the package by my backdoor is there isn't a signature required or if i'm not home.

2012 Rome Postermania
2011 Flow NXT-AT's
2013 Flow Rival's
ChiTownRon is offline  
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Veteran Member
 
slyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Milwaukee Suburbs
Posts: 3,526
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ok I'm gonna chime in don't flame me.
I've been a driver for UPS for 23 years. Depending on the route/area each driver handles on average 600 pkgs a day delivery/pick-up.

Most of us have very good people skills and are willing to have a person inspect a package if they ask. If it is a residence we make our best judgment to see if the box "only" is damaged. If I can "clean" up the box I will. My rule is if your item is fine and your aren't home I write on the box "item inspected OK" time permitting, again.

UPS rules have us knock or ring and run. This is to help keep our costs down and YES they are increasing our production drastically. More work in less time, just like every other company out there, run lean.
Signatures are only required in certain situations. Again to keep costs down.
We are also supposed to place your package out of sight out of weather to ensure no theft or damage from weather.

Just like every company we have some very bad employees. Lack of concern, poor communication skills, tempers, drinking issues, you name it I've seen it come/go. Again MOST of us still take pride in our work and take care of our customers.

Hope this helps clarify some issues.

-I'm Slyder and I suffer from "Gummer Syndrome"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
slyder is offline  
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 10:11 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bear Mountain
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
Ok I'm gonna chime in don't flame me.
I've been a driver for UPS for 23 years. Depending on the route/area each driver handles on average 600 pkgs a day delivery/pick-up.

Most of us have very good people skills and are willing to have a person inspect a package if they ask. If it is a residence we make our best judgment to see if the box "only" is damaged. If I can "clean" up the box I will. My rule is if your item is fine and your aren't home I write on the box "item inspected OK" time permitting, again.

UPS rules have us knock or ring and run. This is to help keep our costs down and YES they are increasing our production drastically. More work in less time, just like every other company out there, run lean.
Signatures are only required in certain situations. Again to keep costs down.
We are also supposed to place your package out of sight out of weather to ensure no theft or damage from weather.

Just like every company we have some very bad employees. Lack of concern, poor communication skills, tempers, drinking issues, you name it I've seen it come/go. Again MOST of us still take pride in our work and take care of our customers.

Hope this helps clarify some issues.
With all due respect, not saying YOU do this, but I have specifically watched with my own eyes UPS drivers/employees do fucked up shit. My uncle works in management at a Distribution Center for UPS, and I've been in the warehouse and loading docks, they don't take care of the packages. It's all about time, the sooner they finish, the less work they have over piled. As a result they don't pay attention to how much care a package needs, it goes into the truck as fast as necessary, sometimes being a toss if needed.

Onto the drivers. I live in a condo community, so we all have a wood gate blocking our front doors. Most people put locks on them because they have personal things out on the patio. I've watched the assholes look around, and just pizza toss the boxes over the gate. Guy almost shit himself when I called him out and told him I was calling his supervisor. The dumbasses have left packages on top of my also locked patio gate, where I have two large dogs that have gotten to the boxes, once or twice containing gifts. I guess I might understand the times we weren't home, but there have been times we were home with the garage open, and they didn't even bother to see if we were home, and still left them in the middle of plain sight for my dogs to easily grab them. There's even a post for the awning support you coulda hid it behind, but choose the middle of the gate. Dick moves

Last edited by SnowOwl; 08-24-2012 at 10:14 PM.
SnowOwl is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome