Does UPS do this to everyone? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does UPS do this to everyone?

So my ups guy doesn't ring the doorbell or give a knock when he drops off my packages like they use to. I'll be home and won't know I have a package until 3-4 hours later. That's alot of time for would be thieves. The worst part though is that all my packages seem to come like this... If I'm lucky!, worse if not.


At least nothing has been damaged...YET So does anyone else have any stories about shipping services ? Also wouldn't they cut down on insurance claims if there drivers actually saw the people take delivery of the package. What would stop someone from buying something really expensive then saying they never got it? Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Last edited by budderbear; 08-23-2012 at 02:48 PM.
budderbear is offline  
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
My UPS guy opens the door says what's up, rips a bong hit, drinks a beer, plays video games with me. You must suck as a person.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:17 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
2hipp4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flatrock
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My guy stacks everything up real nice and neat by my shop door and if its raining he will put everything in my shed.

He don't ring my doorbell cause he knows im sleeping and does not want to piss me off.
2hipp4u is offline  
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Senior Member
 
ComeBack_Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by budderbear View Post
So my ups guy doesn't ring the doorbell or give a knock when he drops off my packages like they use to. I'll be home and won't know I have a package until 3-4 hours later. That's alot of time for would be thieves. The worst part though is that all my packages seem to come like this... If I'm lucky!, worse if not.


At least nothing has been damaged...YET So does anyone else have any stories about shipping services ? Also wouldn't they cut down on insurance claims if there drivers actually saw the people take delivery of the package. What would stop someone from buying something really expensive then saying they never got it? Pretty stupid if you ask me.
I get the exact same thing from UPS. Dented up packages just left in the general vicinity of my door. No knock or ring of the doorbell. It kind of pisses me off, except for the fact that I live in a gated community so I'm not overly worried about thieves. That said, I REALLY didn't appreciate it when I ordered a new Lib Tech board and the UPS guy just leaned it against my door. For a $500 item, ring the goddamned doorbell!!!!
ComeBack_Kid is offline  
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:54 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
2hipp4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flatrock
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I get the exact same thing from UPS. Dented up packages just left in the general vicinity of my door. No knock or ring of the doorbell. It kind of pisses me off, except for the fact that I live in a gated community so I'm not overly worried about thieves. That said, I REALLY didn't appreciate it when I ordered a new Lib Tech board and the UPS guy just leaned it against my door. For a $500 item, ring the goddamned doorbell!!!!
Pretty simple fix if your that worried about it, just request a signature required for drop off when you order things.
2hipp4u is offline  
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
My UPS guy opens the door says what's up, rips a bong hit, drinks a beer, plays video games with me.
^That's how it was at my old apt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
You must suck as a person.
I've only lived up here 4 months, how would he already know that
budderbear is offline  
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Pretty simple fix if your that worried about it, just request a signature required for drop off when you order things.
Then I have to stay home from work or adventures if I have a package coming ? If I'm not home and I know a package is coming and it gets stolen thats my fault, but If I am home and it gets stolen right out from under me then its still my fault but I'm going to be pissed at the ups guy for not even attempting to let me know its here. Also delivery confirmation costs a buck or two more and thats if the company is willing to do it. Plus like I said with insurance claims... I wonder how many jerks say they never got the package when they did. If the ups driver saw you take delivery then that wouldn't happen or they wouldn't get away with it. I don't expect them to wait at everyones door, because a lot of people aren't home, but how freakin hard would it be to just give a little knock before you walk back to your truck O well, glad your drivers are cool

I once had some computer parts ordered about 5 years ago and I sat and watched threw my blinds as the driver pretty much chucked the packages from his truck to my porch. I do live on the second floor, maybe thats why all my packages look like they where sat on by an elephant.

Last edited by budderbear; 08-23-2012 at 04:27 PM.
budderbear is offline  
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by budderbear View Post
Then I have to stay home from work or adventures if I have a package coming ? If I'm not home and I know a package is coming and it gets stolen thats my fault, but If I am home and it gets stolen right out from under me then its still my fault but I'm going to be pissed at the ups guy for not even attempting to let me know its here.
I don't get the complaint here.

You either want it treated as a "signature required" delivery or you don't. If it isn't required, then you're not going to get a knock or a doorbell ring. If I'm the driver and you didn't want a signature required delivery, I assume that you're not home and never planned to be.

If you want it delivered securely, either stay home and wait or get it shipped to your local UPS store and go pick it up.
Bones is offline  
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There's two points.

1. How fucking hard is it to just tap the door as you drop the package off? Takes all of about 1-2 seconds. I think my guy doesn't do it because I'm on the second floor and he just hucks the packages up here instead of using the stairs.

2. Insurance.... Like I said, they could save a lot of time and money on insurance claims if there drivers where actual witness's to the delivery (if the person is home and they see them before they drive off)
budderbear is offline  
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
If you want it delivered securely, either stay home and wait or get it shipped to your local UPS store and go pick it up.


What good is being home if they don't even knock or ring the bell and some thieve grabs it before you because you didn't even know it was out there ? Packages don't "ALWAYS" arrive when there suppose to, and I don't know about you but I can't afford to just miss work then miss another day of work because it didn't come on the day it was suppose too.

What some people don't seem to understand or care about is that it would only take a few seconds per delivery to simply ring or knock and could save them lots of money on claims.

Not to mention I tip my drivers around Christmas and major holidays because I get a lot of packages and I know there "suppose" to work hard. Not coming to the door doesn't hurt me. I guess from now on if the package arrives in good working order, then fine. If it shows up broke or damaged, I'll just keep saying I didn't get it until they get it right.

Fedex>UPS.uck

Also had a package that was already on the truck for delivery get delayed bye a whole day because of an address error on there part. Funny thing was it was 2 day shipping, so an extra day goof cost me about $10 that I could have saved had I just used ground and they didn't mess up. You think they reimbursed me ? haha HELL NO!

Lately I've been getting as much stuff as possible sent to my p.o. box so I can just go over when I feel like and get the key from my box and pick up my package.

Last edited by budderbear; 08-24-2012 at 03:06 AM.
budderbear is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome