Fuck Apple. - Page 6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #51 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,492
Default

It's a phone....get over it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phone.jpg (6.6 KB, 43 views)
__________________
JeffreyCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #52 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
Exactly what year are you living in with these statements?

Maybe you better brush up on your reading comprehension, he said mobile APPS\Sites don't use flash.........also please tell me what do you use flash for on your phone? I have it disabled it on most sites for even my PC since I'm sick of flashing blinking loud noises and annoying adds, anything that requires flash on iOS most likely already has a superior dedicated app to handle it....flash is dyeing and quickly being replaced with HTML5.

Also I have a story that may explain some of my apple "like" I somehow lost my iPhone near the summit of Brighton Utah last January.

I got home after dark and pulled up the "find my iphone" app and sure enough it gave me the near exact location of my lost phone, it was obviously to late to do anything that evening but at least I knew where it was.

The next day again with ZERO additional software of configuration I took the GF's iPhone 3Gs and went to the general location shown on the map and sent a signal to my LOST iPhone setting off a maximum volume "ping" noise allowing me to zero in on it and dig it out of 2 feet of groomer compressed snow.

It still had 80% battery left and even after being ran over by a groomer showed no damage and worked perfectly....still using the same phone today and it works as good as the day I bought it.

Typical fanboy. Posts a paragraph about how he hates bells and whistles yes highlights how apple has bells and whistles.
jdmccright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #53 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,607
Blog Entries: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyCH View Post
It's a phone....get over it
What's that weird round thing where the buttons should be?
__________________

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.
Donutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #54 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
What's that weird round thing where the buttons should be?
That was true haptic feedback in those days.
jdmccright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #55 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota Summer--Utah Winter
Posts: 967
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmccright View Post
Typical fanboy. Posts a paragraph about how he hates bells and whistles yes highlights how apple has bells and whistles.
Those "bells and whistles" kept me from having to explain to my boss that I lost my 300$ phone and needed a new one, not really apples to apple comparison there pal and I'm sure android has the same phone finding tech built into the phones by now, it was simply a story of my unique lost phone experience, nothing less nothing more.

If I didn't need a smartphone for work I probably wouldn't even have one, both platforms are great, use what works best for you and be ok with it, its not a penis measuring contest.

: Mods can we just close\lock this thread , clearly some people here aren't remotely capable of a intelligent adult debate about a simple piece of technology.
__________________
makingfreshtracks.blogspot.com
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #56 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
surfinsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 725
Default Oh, the Apple haters are legion

This isn't an "APPLE" issue. Get mad at your government! They aren't just blocking iPhones, this applies to EVERY cell phone. I you want to get mad at Apple, get mad at them for trying to make a buck off of a government policy over which they have no control.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #57 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry06x View Post

You want another issue that apple is cause is technically at Verizon. If you have been with Verizon for a long time with a smart phone you are grandfathered in to you unlimited data. Now if you want to buy an iPhone 5 they are forcing you to forfeit your unlimited data or buy the phone at the out right price. I'm not sure if Verizon is doing this with other new phones or just the iPhone tho and that is complete bull shit!

That's every phone. Verizon announced this a few months ago. Everyone "grandfathered in" will eventually be separated from there unlimited data.
tdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #58 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinsnow View Post
This isn't an "APPLE" issue. Get mad at your government! They aren't just blocking iPhones, this applies to EVERY cell phone. I you want to get mad at Apple, get mad at them for trying to make a buck off of a government policy over which they have no control.
We have many reason to get mad at Government. However, Apple and any other company that complies is also at fault. They can easily tell the Government to pound sand, but they don't. There are many examples where the Government tries to get companies to infringe on certain rights, usually the 1st Amendment, many of those companies told the Government to screw off and were successful.
tdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #59 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
Those "bells and whistles" kept me from having to explain to my boss that I lost my 300$ phone and needed a new one, not really apples to apple comparison there pal and I'm sure android has the same phone finding tech built into the phones by now, it was simply a story of my unique lost phone experience, nothing less nothing more.

If I didn't need a smartphone for work I probably wouldn't even have one, both platforms are great, use what works best for you and be ok with it, its not a penis measuring contest.

: Mods can we just close\lock this thread , clearly some people here aren't remotely capable of a intelligent adult debate about a simple piece of technology.

Lol now you want the mods to lock the thread after you have spoke your peace. Here's a novel idea, if you don't like it don't read it. Simple as that because if you didn't see how this thread was about apple hate you are the one with comprehension problems.

Last edited by jdmccright; 10-19-2012 at 11:25 AM.
jdmccright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #60 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota Summer--Utah Winter
Posts: 967
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmccright View Post
Lol now you want the mods to lock the thread after you have spoke your peace. Here's a novel idea, if you don't like it don't read it. Simple as that because if you didn't see how this thread was about apple hate you are the one with comprehension problems.

I think I'm the 3rd person to suggest a thread closer, but hey man whatever helps you sleep at night.......my life is better than most people's vacations so I don't need your(or anyone's) validation for a stupid phone choice(when I had no choice in the matter)......

If you don't sign my paycheck or wake up in bed next to me I could care ales what you(or anyone) thinks.
__________________
makingfreshtracks.blogspot.com
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums