My car was just totaled - Advice on AWD Cars - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodrat View Post
Don't give up on finding a Subaru. With winter tires they are an absolute blast to drive in the snow. As for worries about turbocharged version, as with any car, just keep up on the maintenance and it will keep loving you for many many miles. My 02 WRX had 230k miles when I sold it and I have since been in contact with the new owner and it is still running strong.

For the record, only the 02/03 WRXs came with catalytic converters in the up pipes. After that, Subaru changed the ECM tuning instead of putting a cat in the up pipe. And really, premium gas isn't that much more than regular.

This time around though I'm in the market for a Forester XT.
I'm not worried about buying a used turbo, but I dont think im going to get a used wrx. I'm about to buy a 07 legacy limited i think. I really do not need a turbo charged car; premium gas prices do not bother me at all, nor does the maintenance cost. I literally drive 12 miles round trip to work everyday, and i work 6 days a week, and I am a home body, so m cars rarely see a lot of miles. I test drove some stock, and some really crazy modded wrx's in the last few weeks, and I have to admit that they are just too fast for me lol. They are a lot of fun to drive, but 30 seconds of 100mph + heaven doesnt make up for the X amount of hours worked to pay those tickets. I like the turbo charged wagons, but i really dont need to worry about a expensive turbo dying, or taking out my engine. Im just extremely anal about what car i get, im one of those people who need months of research before making a decision. My main concern is keeping my payments low so that i can save more money, yet still getting something i really like.

You guys are the best, thank you for all of ur replies !
NewbALewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #22 (permalink)
Land of the Potato
 
IdahoFreshies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 1,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightCoastShred View Post
...whoever decided to put aftermarket parts on a subaru is a dumbass.
Haha wtf? Are you some kind of fucking retard child or something? Do elaborate more on how anyone putting aftermarket on a Subaru is a dumbass. I honestly cant fathom what kind of stupid thought was going trough your mind when you wrote that. Do you think they should all be bone stock? Subaru has an awesome after market and people make some dope ass subarus that look and drive awesome.
__________________
If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoFreshies View Post
Haha wtf? Are you some kind of fucking retard child or something? Do elaborate more on how anyone putting aftermarket on a Subaru is a dumbass. I honestly cant fathom what kind of stupid thought was going trough your mind when you wrote that. Do you think they should all be bone stock? Subaru has an awesome after market and people make some dope ass subarus that look and drive awesome.
Not gonna lie, that lowered outback with the black rims is sick. I usually hate the 2-tone outbax, the the gold lower portion looks really good. I recently drove a modded wrx that was putting out close to 500hp, 20-120 roll on in what felt like 4-5 seconds. If i could afford the tickets i would totally mod one out.. That car was faster than i can put into words ..
NewbALewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
DrnknZag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,105
Default

I love my WRX......



To be honest, the turbocharged Subaru engines are totally bombproof as long as you stay up on your normal maintenance. I have a bit over 100k on mine (70k+ on the STi turbo) tuned, and still going strong. The normally aspirated Subaru engines have a tendency to blow the head gasket over 100k miles. If you're looking at a used Subaru close or over 100k, keep that in mind (it's an expensive fix).

The Legacy's are great cars, my GF has one. My dad used to have a Legacy Spec-B (limited edition turbo, 6spd tranny). Awesome road trip car.

I'm actually looking for an Outback right now as my DD/winter car. Way bigger than my WRX wagon, and can get over 30mpg. Not bad.

Where do you live? I might have missed that in the thread. Here in Seattle you can have your choice of any Subaru you could imagine for sale, haha.
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #25 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota Summer--Utah Winter
Posts: 967
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Get an Outback unless your trying to make up for a small penis or somthing

Fuck what anyone else thinks, if you have dogs and or lots of gear they fuckin rock in the mountains.


Find yourself an older used Toyota FJ##\Land Cruiser, indestructible and you can work on them yourself unlimited upgrade options.


edit...sorry about your car
__________________
makingfreshtracks.blogspot.com

Last edited by hikeswithdogs; 11-01-2012 at 10:01 AM.
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 483
Default

I literally don't know anything about them, but what about something like a Chevy Colorado truck?

Small so it should get "ok" MPG, but still utilitarian enough to haul your gear and a few of your bros if you get a 4 door version.

Plus they look pretty sweet if you put a cap on the back, like so:

turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #27 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota Summer--Utah Winter
Posts: 967
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospartan View Post
I literally don't know anything about them, but what about something like a Chevy Colorado truck?

Small so it should get "ok" MPG, but still utilitarian enough to haul your gear and a few of your bros if you get a 4 door version.

Plus they look pretty sweet if you put a cap on the back, like so:

They do look nice but I'd buy a Tacoma before one of those if you ever plan on doing any real off-roading.
__________________
makingfreshtracks.blogspot.com
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
Resident poet
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 3,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbALewb View Post
I I literally drive 12 miles round trip to work everyday, and i work 6 days a week, and I am a home body, so m cars rarely see a lot of miles.
6 miles is too short of a trip...lost of wear and tear and not long enough drive time to get things warm and toasty. You'd be better off to park the thing and just use it for the longer trips to the hill, ride a bike to get your legs and knees in to shape to ride the hill....besides in ok its flat...but you do have wind.
__________________
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 104
Default

I live in Oklahoma. Its sooo funny that you mention Seattle, a car salesman called me today, because he is keeping me on some hotlist for used subaru's that come in, and I told him " If i lived in Seattle, or Colorado then i would have no problems finding a subaru" but its sad to say that subaru's are extremely rare in Oklahoma. Today was a very rare day indeed, I saw 6 subaru outbacks today, thats literally more subarus than i have seen in the past 3 months.

I was also reading, correct me if im wrong, that the older 2.5l subaru non turbo engines were the ones having head gasket problems. 2005, and older.

I might be going to pick up a 2008 legacy limited next week if all goes well " and i can actually get a day off of work to get look at it" but im not really sure if i want it because it is a automatic. I have been reading that the automatics are really bad.

Another question i have is if I took a non turbo surbaru to colorado, how sluggish will the engine be? I was reading that in higher elevation non turbo cars lose a third of their horsepower.. Should I be worried ?
NewbALewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrnknZag View Post
I love my WRX......



To be honest, the turbocharged Subaru engines are totally bombproof as long as you stay up on your normal maintenance. I have a bit over 100k on mine (70k+ on the STi turbo) tuned, and still going strong. The normally aspirated Subaru engines have a tendency to blow the head gasket over 100k miles. If you're looking at a used Subaru close or over 100k, keep that in mind (it's an expensive fix).

The Legacy's are great cars, my GF has one. My dad used to have a Legacy Spec-B (limited edition turbo, 6spd tranny). Awesome road trip car.

I'm actually looking for an Outback right now as my DD/winter car. Way bigger than my WRX wagon, and can get over 30mpg. Not bad.

Where do you live? I might have missed that in the thread. Here in Seattle you can have your choice of any Subaru you could imagine for sale, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
Get an Outback unless your trying to make up for a small penis or somthing

Fuck what anyone else thinks, if you have dogs and or lots of gear they fuckin rock in the mountains.


Find yourself an older used Toyota FJ##\Land Cruiser, indestructible and you can work on them yourself unlimited upgrade options.


edit...sorry about your car


Haha thanks, Ya i am sad about the car too. My wife and I paid it off in march, and over the 4 years we have had it, we havent even put 30k miles on it yet. We are poor, so we only finance one car at a time, BUT NOW ITS MY TURN TO GET A CAR I WANT MUAHAHA !

I actually might still get the outback, if i fight the right one. I want the XT model, but I also want it to be close to fully loaded. My biggest fear about buying the outback " my wife HATES the outback " is that my small penis might not get enough attention from her if i do commit to it .

Im with you though man, fuck what other people think, oklahoma people are at times stuck in a fucking bubble. Most of them have no idea what lies beyond this shit hole state.. LoL ..

Thanks for the reply sir =D
NewbALewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums