Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Off-Topic General Discussion (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/off-topic-general-discussion/)
-   -   SNOW The Video Game. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/off-topic-general-discussion/52643-snow-video-game.html)

Backcountry 12-25-2012 05:12 PM

SNOW The Video Game.
 
Just was searching around and found this.
SNOW*|*for riders, by riders
The "Christmas Update" showed that so far it isn't a video game project that has failed, like many video games. Gameplay of the skiing looks kinda weird but they'll work on it I'm sure, but I want to see some snowboard gameplay. The game like mixes skiing and snowboarding so if playing the snowboarder gets boring I could try out the skiing.

Looks kinda fun because SSX and Shaun White are getting old. And it's realistic unlike SSX. Hopefully it comes out soon :yahoo:

seant46 12-25-2012 10:08 PM

I think its a great idea to do something similar like the game skate did when all there was to buy was tony hawk before.

But still so far AMPED 2 for the win!!

Backcountry 12-25-2012 10:49 PM

This game is pretty fun too and plus you don't have to buy it :)

Play Alpine Freestyle Game Online - Free Alpine Freestyle Game - ESPN Arcade - ESPN

seant46 12-26-2012 01:19 AM

haha I was never the best at those type of games.

jello24 12-28-2012 12:58 PM

Wow... i hope that animations get much better than that in the later stages of development... I've never seen a skier ride in such a static manner through trees before... no knee movement whatsoever...

For me, no snowboarding game can beat Stoked. Dropping a whole mountain without the silly grinds and spins of SSX... Shaun White's a close second, but Stoked certainly takes the cake.

sheepstealer 12-28-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seant46 (Post 556942)
I think its a great idea to do something similar like the game skate did when all there was to buy was tony hawk before.

But still so far AMPED 2 for the win!!

God, I played Amped 2 for XBox for years...some of those "photoshoot" challenges were downright impossible. Nice shoutout.

seant46 12-28-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheepstealer (Post 558255)
God, I played Amped 2 for XBox for years...some of those "photoshoot" challenges were downright impossible. Nice shoutout.

I still have amped 2 actually ha, its been at my friends house for a while. It definitely brings back memories

Backcountry 01-06-2013 01:45 AM

Just got Stoked Big Air Edition :yahoo:

,andreas 01-06-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jello24 (Post 558235)
Wow... i hope that animations get much better than that in the later stages of development... I've never seen a skier ride in such a static manner through trees before... no knee movement whatsoever...

For me, no snowboarding game can beat Stoked. Dropping a whole mountain without the silly grinds and spins of SSX... Shaun White's a close second, but Stoked certainly takes the cake.

SNOW is going to crush stoked. even in pre-alpha stage this game looks more promising than stoked. It's a great game, yeah, but it's not realistic enough. you lack the control in that game that is necessary for it to feel realistic.

jtg 03-12-2013 05:26 PM

They posted an update today with a new interview.

Inside The Game: SNOW [Developer Interview Part 2] | Shogun Gamer: Video Game News Community: Interviews, News, Reviews and Forum

It does seem like they have a long way to go. Interesting that they are using cryengine 3. I wonder if an FPS engine allows the flexibility they need for physics of snowboarding/skiing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2