Why can't we hold on to female members? - Page 14 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #131 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
mixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Y! (...I never would have started CyberStalking Mixie if I thought she was a He!!)


awww...thanks

once a very long time ago in the very dawn of message boards (1996 maybe?) I joined a tech support forum for some very specialized piece of equipment I used at work.

Being dumb and naieve I signed up with a female handle....and? After getting way too much attention and none of the help I needed I ended up going on a fucking date with a dude I met.

and? We met up for dinner and after ordering drinks he went to the restroom and never came back.....NO FUCKING JOKE. So you know chomps....you were WARNED. Im a fugly geeky tomboy...but hey the waitress felt bad and comped me my cocktail

so uh, lesson learned about declaring gender on forums? Wait...
__________________
if a cat fucked a shark, the babies would be called women. snowklinger

Last edited by mixie; 01-20-2013 at 02:44 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #132 (permalink)
Member
 
jennifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Central California
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
awww...thanks

once a very long time ago in the very dawn of message boards (1996 maybe?) I joined a tech support forum for some very specialized piece of equipment I used at work.

Being dumb and naieve I signed up with a female handle....and? After getting way too much attention and none of the help I needed I ended up going on a fucking date with a dude I met.

and? We met up for dinner and after ordering drinks he went to the restroom and never came back.....NO FUCKING JOKE. So you know chomps....you were WARNED. Im a fugly geeky tomboy...but hey the waitress felt bad and comped me my cocktail

so uh, lesson learned about declaring gender on forums? Wait...
That is seriously one of the most messed up things I have heard. Some people have NO class.
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #133 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
mixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
That is seriously one of the most messed up things I have heard. Some people have NO class.

lol I know right? no one I told could believe it either!!

But hey I can laugh about it now
__________________
if a cat fucked a shark, the babies would be called women. snowklinger
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #134 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,567
Blog Entries: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
Burtonavenger has made a few posts that I am sure would bother a lot of women
He's made a lot of posts that piss off men too. He's kind of an equal-opportunity curmudgeon.
__________________

I hate the parts between winter
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #135 (permalink)
Member
 
BeachLegoGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1CKER1 View Post
Women are not generally interested in forums.. Especially online
If you look for doll forums like an American Girl doll forum, you'll find tons of women. The member list is 30 people per page x 146 pages. 4,380 members!
BeachLegoGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #136 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Lots of females in this thread...

Sorry ladies, I'm married. I know, I know... you love Asian men though.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #137 (permalink)
NSI
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern Wisconsin
Posts: 22
Default Why can't we hold on to female members?

Well I'm one chick that's new to the forum but definitely will not be leaving it anytime soon. I chime in here and there and love reading all of the comments especially the smart ass ones. I guess some of the chick fall out here is due to giving up snowboarding, taking offense aka no sense of humor, or just not feeling the need to chime in. I am sure it depends on background too. I love winter... Snowboarding, snowmobiling, cc skiing, and ice fishing...... Oh yea and another awesome part about winter, throw on a beanie no fixing the hair! Do I shop? Online mostly for only the above hobbies not girly shit! Ophra... No way am I gonna sit my ass in front of the tv when I can be outside enjoying winter! Like Mixie my last two jobs (service manager at a snowmobile shop and outside sales at an auto parts store) consisted mostly of working with guys and its rather fun when you can shock the shit out of them by keeping up with their smart ass comments. As for the sandwich hell yeah this chick is making the sandwich and handing it off to the hubby. I do enjoy cooking, baking, and cleaning though. At the end of the day I also make sure he gets one last show of love, shazam! Don't give up on all of us chicks, some of us are around here to stay and have a great sense of humor!



Sent from Verticalsports.com App
NSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #138 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSI View Post
Well I'm one chick that's new to the forum but definitely will not be leaving it anytime soon. I chime in here and there and love reading all of the comments especially the smart ass ones. I guess some of the chick fall out here is due to giving up snowboarding, taking offense aka no sense of humor, or just not feeling the need to chime in. I am sure it depends on background too. I love winter... Snowboarding, snowmobiling, cc skiing, and ice fishing...... Oh yea and another awesome part about winter, throw on a beanie no fixing the hair! Do I shop? Online mostly for only the above hobbies not girly shit! Ophra... No way am I gonna sit my ass in front of the tv when I can be outside enjoying winter! Like Mixie my last two jobs (service manager at a snowmobile shop and outside sales at an auto parts store) consisted mostly of working with guys and its rather fun when you can shock the shit out of them by keeping up with their smart ass comments. As for the sandwich hell yeah this chick is making the sandwich and handing it off to the hubby. I do enjoy cooking, baking, and cleaning though. At the end of the day I also make sure he gets one last show of love, shazam! Don't give up on all of us chicks, some of us are around here to stay and have a great sense of humor!



Sent from Verticalsports.com App
Got any sisters? send em on up here to Canada.

TT
__________________
If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #139 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,567
Blog Entries: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
Got any sisters? send em on up here to Canada.

TT
Hey, that's poutanen's job!
__________________

I hate the parts between winter
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #140 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
awww...thanks

once a very long time ago in the very dawn of message boards (1996 maybe?) I joined a tech support forum for some very specialized piece of equipment I used at work.

Being dumb and naieve I signed up with a female handle....and? After getting way too much attention and none of the help I needed I ended up going on a fucking date with a dude I met.

and? We met up for dinner and after ordering drinks he went to the restroom and never came back.....NO FUCKING JOKE. So you know chomps....you were WARNED. Im a fugly geeky tomboy...but hey the waitress felt bad and comped me my cocktail

so uh, lesson learned about declaring gender on forums? Wait...
He just wasn't very smart, average girls try harder.(not to say your average, I crept on your pics a bit. Yum Yum)

You're a pretty good boarder aren't ya mixie? Why do you think that is?
You probably put in 110% correct?
I'd imagine you're pretty ferocious in the sack & that's the way I like my women.

TT
__________________
If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums