Why can't we hold on to female members? - Page 23 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #221 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
ARSENALFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 910
Default

I just about spit my coffee and drove into a pole thinking about Poutenen when this song came on tonight. You know....our resident "creeper."



Gordon Lightfoot 1974 - Sundown - YouTube

Gotta listen to the first chorus.
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #222 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
mixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post

4) Mixie - she's the resident female creeper

thanks for the new sig bro!

one day away from the internet and dayum looked what I missed!

ActuallY i love kingers quote. But I do feel I need to warn people
__________________
if a cat fucked a shark, the babies would be called women. snowklinger
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:02 AM   #223 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 210
Default

So yeah,

I was going to reply to the question, but I don't think it's being asked anymore

Well I'll answer anyways...

This is really a guy-centric forum It's like being at a superbowl party with cheetos flying around and booze spilled everywhere. It's alright for me, but I imagine that it's a bit intimidating for some girls and it isn't all that easy to relate to unless you're one of those crazy people that likes to slap a plank to your feet and find a steep slope to slide down.

Secondly, it's fun to chat, but I don't feel all that qualified to make comments on stuff. I'm not *that* good of a snowboarder. So it's kind of silly to write board reviews, when I've ridden only like 6 different snowboards ever.

But I'm still here! I don't get offended by what's said, although I disagree with the tone of some threads. Afterall... it's just the internet xD
cocolulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #224 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default Why can't we hold on to female members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocolulu View Post
So yeah,

I was going to reply to the question, but I don't think it's being asked anymore

Well I'll answer anyways...

This is really a guy-centric forum It's like being at a superbowl party with cheetos flying around and booze spilled everywhere. It's alright for me, but I imagine that it's a bit intimidating for some girls and it isn't all that easy to relate to unless you're one of those crazy people that likes to slap a plank to your feet and find a steep slope to slide down.

Secondly, it's fun to chat, but I don't feel all that qualified to make comments on stuff. I'm not *that* good of a snowboarder. So it's kind of silly to write board reviews, when I've ridden only like 6 different snowboards ever.

But I'm still here! I don't get offended by what's said, although I disagree with the tone of some threads. Afterall... it's just the internet xD
Actually, your reviews would be plenty helpful. The thing is, the majority of riders aren't experts. Even then, a lot of the experts neither know nor care to know about snowboard tech. These are people that could detach their front door, strap it to their feet, and still shred better than any of us.

If you know your gear, you know your gear. Expert rider opinions matter too though. That's why BurtonAvenger rocks. He knows his shit, doesn't take any bullshit from the industry, and knows how to ride.

I'm personally just an average rider that lives around bunny hills. Yet I know my gear and get to test a ton of product so I'd like to think of myself as helpful.

So don't be afraid to post a review! There are lots of riders your level looking for reviews. Hell, it could be useful for riders way above your skill level.

I know a ton of the riders I helped are 10x better than I'll ever be.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #225 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
XxSnowbunnyxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Massachusetts (USA)
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Actually, your reviews would be plenty helpful. The thing is, the majority of riders aren't experts. Even then, a lot of the experts neither know nor care to know about snowboard tech. These are people that could detach their front door, strap it to their feet, and still shred better than any of us.

If you know your gear, you know your gear. Expert rider opinions matter too though. That's why BurtonAvenger rocks. He knows his shit, doesn't take any bullshit from the industry, and knows how to ride.

I'm personally just an average rider that lives around bunny hills. Yet I know my gear and get to test a ton of product so I'd like to think of myself as helpful.

So don't be afraid to post a review! There are lots of riders your level looking for reviews. Hell, it could be useful for riders way above your skill level.

I know a ton of the riders I helped are 10x better than I'll ever be.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

I agree! I am a 2nd year noob but I stick to blue trails because my boyfriend, who taught me to snowboard, is a kick ass snowboarder and likes the tougher trails and since he taught me well I go on those or greens with him. I obviously say no to black diamonds right now lol. I don't fall much at all anymore and I do heels and toes down the mountain but I'm only on my 2nd snowboard so you beat me by 4 snowboards but I still enjoy giving reviews on what I've riden on and my bindings and boots I've used. Also like to discuss what I wear while riding because I've seen lots of threads about that.

Had I seen this forum when I first started out, I would have loved to read reviews and opinions by other riders who were fairly new so I'd know what to expect. So don't be shy
XxSnowbunnyxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #226 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,492
Default

There's a lot more to it then just gear reviews and I second what Leo and Snowbunnie posted. I've actually thought about writing a review of the board I've been riding for 4 seasons, why? Because no one does that, how well it's held it's pop over the years, durability ect. sure out of the box a board is going to ride the way it's meant to, the top sheet is going to be perfect, but after 100 days on it, is it limp? Is it delaming? Not all of us buy new gear every season.

Also there are trip reports, I really like these, it's fun to share pics of your adventure. It also helps people that have never been to those places to know where to go and what to do. Then there are general questions that members kind of take turns answering, boots: go to a shop if you can, general board size: height/weight ect ect. just engaging a new member so they stick around until they get a more targeted answer to what they are really asking.
__________________
JeffreyCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #227 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 210
Default

Eh, I guess I can post a gear review here and there. I think generally what I mean to say is that often times, there isn't all that much to respond to, so I mostly just lurk around. If there's something relevant I can talk about (a girl has gear questions, or somebody asks about resorts in CA), I'll chime in.

In general, the reason why I'm here is because during snow season, my brain is *CONSTANTLY* thinking about snowboarding, and I can't be on the slopes all the time. So I either end up shopping for gear online, or coming here to read/talk about it here.

I'm probably a bit of an exception though. My girlfriends take maybe 2 or 3 trips a year up to Tahoe, and outside of that, they don't think about snowboarding. So, they don't feel any need to mingle on forums.

For me though, me, my bf, and his circle of guy friends are pretty serious 'people who snowboard,' and I personally need to occupy my brain with snow stuff when I'm not on the mountain.

So, I don't know what the solution is. It may not even be a problem... it's just that there are so few girls to start with, when one is absent it's a bit more noticeable.
cocolulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #228 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyCH View Post
There's a lot more to it then just gear reviews and I second what Leo and Snowbunnie posted. I've actually thought about writing a review of the board I've been riding for 4 seasons, why?
That's one reason I haven't wrote a review of my new board yet. I wrote an "initial thoughts" thread but I'm going to wait for the end of the season to sum everything up. Use it in all types of snow, on all types of terrain, after it's broken in and loose. Then I can more accurately rate the board.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #229 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Treegreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocolulu View Post
In general, the reason why I'm here is because during snow season, my brain is *CONSTANTLY* thinking about snowboarding, and I can't be on the slopes all the time. So I either end up shopping for gear online, or coming here to read/talk about it here.
Couldn't have said it better myself. When I can't ride I get all frustrated because I want to step my game up this year, and I find the forum soothes the soul.
Treegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #230 (permalink)
Member
 
BeachLegoGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 57
Default

I feel like I'm only qualified to post in Off-topic since I've only just completed my 3rd day snowboarding today. Yep, that's right..I didn't leave the forum, I've been in Snowshoe with absolutely no cell signal and no wifi for 3 days. But anyway, I still do read the other topics, just wouldn't know what to say.
BeachLegoGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums