Bear Mtn closes for search of murder suspect - Page 9 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 166 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 01:15 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
backstop13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 696
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseForSteeze View Post
go research about the Blount County Sheriff's Department and all the bullshit they pulled on the Tail of the Dragon @ Deal's Gap.

I live in Blount County, and I'm not familiar with what your referring too. The only thing I can find is mentioning a former Rockford police officer who allegedly ran a motorcyclist off the road on the Dragon. This was way before I lived here so I don't know many details, but I can say, people die all the time on that road. I've traveled over it to do some camping past the Fontana Dam area, and multiple times I was coming into a curve and was head on with a motorcycle in my lane, taking the turn entirely too fast.

Back on topic, I'm completely worried about the use of a military drone to enforce civilian law. I think this is setting a terrible precedent.
backstop13 is offline  
post #82 of 166 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Veteran Member
 
KIRKRIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,069
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)

They also shot someone else NOT looking like Dorner....
I thought they were supposed to arrest him? Are they too afraid of what he could say that they shoot "on sight" to anybody? Bunch of trigger happy morons...



A third person was reportedly shot at because police believed he was suspected cop killer and fugitive Christopher Dorner.


David Perdue was on his way to catch some waves on Thursday morning when, according to his lawyer, a Torrance, Calif. police cruiser "slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire," reports the Los Angeles Times.

The bullets missed Perdue, but his attorney, Robert Sheahen, said his client suffered a concussion and hurt his shoulder, making it temporarily impossible for him to work at his job as a baggage handler at LAX. Perdue's car was also totaled, Sheahen told the Times.

The Torrance Police Department said the incident was a case of mistaken identity. Officers thought Perdue's truck was Dorner's pickup.

The department issued this statement to the Times:

"The circumstances of the incident known to the responding officers would have led a reasonable officer under normal circumstances -- and these were far from normal circumstances -- to believe that fellow officers were being shot at and that the vehicle traveling toward them posed a serious risk.
"In the split seconds available to them," the statement continued, "action was appropriate to intervene and stop the actions of the driver of that vehicle."

Sheahen told the Los Angeles Daily News that the officers' actions were "violent and reckless."

The paper notes that "Perdue is a thin white man who looks nothing like Dorner" who is black and heavier set.

David Perdue Shot At During Search For Fugitive Christopher Dorner

2015/16 -17- Kirkwood days
Arbor A-Frame 158 2009-10
Jeremy Jones Hovercraft 156, 2011/12
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06 - 181K
KIRKRIDER is offline  
post #83 of 166 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Veteran Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 845
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
For the cop haters out there, Here`s another story about those horrible cops, what rotten bastards....(sarc)

Police Officers Rescue a Desperate and Dying Dog on the Streets - Heroic Video

And out of Arizona:

Amen brother...
pdxrealtor is offline  
post #84 of 166 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,697
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
For the cop haters out there, Here`s another story about those horrible cops, what rotten bastards....(sarc)

Police Officers Rescue a Desperate and Dying Dog on the Streets - Heroic Video

And out of Arizona:

I am not a cop hater by any means, but I've heard way more stories of dog getting killed by cops then saving them.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline  
post #85 of 166 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Veteran Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 845
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit View Post
I am not a cop hater by any means, but I've heard way more stories of dog getting killed by cops then saving them.
I think the point is while there are many bad, evil, people including police officers .......... there are just as many good as bad.
pdxrealtor is offline  
post #86 of 166 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 845
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER View Post

They also shot someone else NOT looking like Dorner....
I thought they were supposed to arrest him? Are they too afraid of what he could say that they shoot "on sight" to anybody? Bunch of trigger happy morons...



A third person was reportedly shot at because police believed he was suspected cop killer and fugitive Christopher Dorner.


David Perdue was on his way to catch some waves on Thursday morning when, according to his lawyer, a Torrance, Calif. police cruiser "slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire," reports the Los Angeles Times.

The bullets missed Perdue, but his attorney, Robert Sheahen, said his client suffered a concussion and hurt his shoulder, making it temporarily impossible for him to work at his job as a baggage handler at LAX. Perdue's car was also totaled, Sheahen told the Times.

The Torrance Police Department said the incident was a case of mistaken identity. Officers thought Perdue's truck was Dorner's pickup.

The department issued this statement to the Times:

"The circumstances of the incident known to the responding officers would have led a reasonable officer under normal circumstances -- and these were far from normal circumstances -- to believe that fellow officers were being shot at and that the vehicle traveling toward them posed a serious risk.
"In the split seconds available to them," the statement continued, "action was appropriate to intervene and stop the actions of the driver of that vehicle."

Sheahen told the Los Angeles Daily News that the officers' actions were "violent and reckless."

The paper notes that "Perdue is a thin white man who looks nothing like Dorner" who is black and heavier set.

David Perdue Shot At During Search For Fugitive Christopher Dorner
Very rarely does one loss of life deserve another..............
pdxrealtor is offline  
post #87 of 166 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Veteran Member
 
Big Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 711
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
For the cop haters out there, Here`s another story about those horrible cops, what rotten bastards....(sarc)

Police Officers Rescue a Desperate and Dying Dog on the Streets - Heroic Video

And out of Arizona:

That dog was too small of a target for the cops to shoot. Their aim isn't very good (as made evident by all of the houses that were struck by stray bullets when they opened fire on the pickup with two ladies delivering newspapers).
Big Foot is offline  
post #88 of 166 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Veteran Member
 
KIRKRIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,069
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
Very rarely does one loss of life deserve another..............

I agree...Would you please tell the cops too?

2015/16 -17- Kirkwood days
Arbor A-Frame 158 2009-10
Jeremy Jones Hovercraft 156, 2011/12
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06 - 181K
KIRKRIDER is offline  
post #89 of 166 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 845
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER View Post
I agree...Would you please tell the cops too?
I will..... I hate the way some cops rep the rest...... it's all about fear
pdxrealtor is offline  
post #90 of 166 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Veteran Member
 
KIRKRIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,069
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
I think the point is while there are many bad, evil, people including police officers .......... there are just as many good as bad.
To be a cop...you have to like harassing people a bit...come on. The badge, the gun, the big black car..and the right to harass whoever you like protected by the "blue MAFIA" And if they talk, you fire ' em like Dorner, or smash their faces and say that "they lounged for your gun"

2015/16 -17- Kirkwood days
Arbor A-Frame 158 2009-10
Jeremy Jones Hovercraft 156, 2011/12
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06 - 181K
KIRKRIDER is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome