For Snowolf. - Page 6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #51 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
racer357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 373
Default

MAC is the best PC there is... LOL!

Mine is partitioned to run XP and it does it flawless.

I will never go back.


So am I an anomally? A mac owning Pruis driver that drives 80mph and snowboards?

Say it ain't so!!


( I am also building an 800 hp 66 nova. That will surely burn up all the carbon credits I am saving with the Prius)
racer357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #52 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bamfb2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdod View Post
for the record... i have a mac... but its not because its cool... its because i dont like the windows operating system, and its vulnerability. ive lost 3 pcs in 3 years, 1 to virus and 2 to hardware problems. just wanted to try something and see if its more reliable, because i believe you get what you pay for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer357 View Post
MAC is the best PC there is... LOL!
Mine is partitioned to run XP and it does it flawless.
I will never go back
So am I an anomally? A mac owning Pruis driver that drives 80mph and snowboards?

Ok guys, here's my Mac screed from above. My issue is mostly due to the greater collection of wankers who eulogize them.

Pick on Mac lovers all you want. Of course many are fine, but in the main, they are the most pretentious wankers on the planet.

Note, and I think Mac has the best hardware on the market. Also, great seamless integration between products. And Macs are a must for graphical, audio/video, artistic work.

But I know MANY people who have gotten every iteration of the iphone since they started making it. Just ridiculous.
bamfb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #53 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Big Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
I respect the economy and hardiness of the mom driving a minivan though. Its the glitzed up 55 year old anorexic plastic surgery nightmare using a bedazzled iphone while they weave their empty oversized-luxury-suv all over the road at random speeds or 6 feet up my ass in a blizzard that really gets my goat.

The other day a guy randomly cut me off and then made a point of making eye contact and laughing. We all gotta work on ourselves (I know I do) to just let it all go and be the better guy out there on the road. Waaaaay too much bullshits....
I had a guy cut me off big time driving to work earlier this week. Like slam on the brakes and I still amost hit him kind of cut me off. I laid on the horn and he gave me a smile and a thumbs up out his window. That is the main reason I won't buy a motorcycle in Denver, the drivers here are either blatant assholes, or just suck so bad at driving they might as well be trying to cause an accident on purpose. This guy was clearly the former. Someone need to teach people like that a lesson in drivers etiquette. Unfortunately I have a legal responsibility not to, but hopefully he'll get whats coming to him.
Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #54 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Big Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamfb2 View Post
Ok guys, here's my Mac screed from above. My issue is mostly due to the greater collection of wankers who eulogize them.

Pick on Mac lovers all you want. Of course many are fine, but in the main, they are the most pretentious wankers on the planet.

Note, and I think Mac has the best hardware on the market. Also, great seamless integration between products. And Macs are a must for graphical, audio/video, artistic work.

But I know MANY people who have gotten every iteration of the iphone since they started making it. Just ridiculous.
I had a Macbook Pro throughout college and really liked it. I got the extended 3 year warranty on it, since it was so fucking expensive to begin with, I didn't want to have to pay out the ass to fix it if something were to go wrong. Well, sure enough, 2 months after the extended warranty expired the logic board shit the bed on me. I took it to the "Genius Bar" (I fucking hate apple stores, every employee i have ever dealt with in one is a pretencious little prick) and they told me they could fix it for $450. $450 for a 4 year old laptop!? I could buy a refurbed PC laptop with the same specs for that price. So I said fuck it and ended up just building a gaming desktop myself.

I will admit that MAC OSX is pretty sweet. And I love that you can look at all the porn you want without risking getting a virus. But for the absurd amount of money they charge for their computers, you can build or buy a PC that is much faster.

As far as I'm concerned Apple can go fuck themselves.
Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #55 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 4,657
Default

I'm always suprised how much people are afraid of viruses and shit on their PC's. I guess the difference is that it takes a little diligence vs none...

It is incredibly easy to secure your pc with free software that has a very small footprint, I've been using avast! lately as the Norton that comes free from my cable company seems to be constantly locked up/broken.

If you keep your data in order, reinstalling windows7 from a thumb drive is a snap too. I tend to do a window wipe every 6-10 months whether I need it or not. Nothing like a clean registry and naked partition full of fresh installs.
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #56 (permalink)
Moderator
 
boarderaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot View Post
I'm not knocking the car, just the majority of drivers. It seems there is a general concensus among them that going the speed limit is bad for gas mileage, so you have to drive under it at all times. Same with Subarus. They made good solid dependable cars, but it seems the majority of their customer base is hippies/hipsters that suck at driving.
Guess it's just me then, but my lead foot seems to have an issue with not being so lead weighted? And fuel economy? Pft. I knowingly threw that out the window buying my FXT.

Guess it's just where I live, but it's ALL walks of life who do 10 under when road conditions are not absolutely perfect. Everyone from jacked up pick up trucks, to old people in Corolla's. If anything, it's people in Subaru's who are blowing past everyone else, within reason.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #57 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bamfb2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
I'm always suprised how much people are afraid of viruses and shit on their PC's. I guess the difference is that it takes a little diligence vs none...

It is incredibly easy to secure your pc with free software that has a very small footprint, I've been using avast! lately as the Norton that comes free from my cable company seems to be constantly locked up/broken.

If you keep your data in order, reinstalling windows7 from a thumb drive is a snap too. I tend to do a window wipe every 6-10 months whether I need it or not. Nothing like a clean registry and naked partition full of fresh installs.
Seriously man, I run Microsoft Security Essentials as my AV, and Malwarebytes as my virus hunter/killer.

I schedule them to scan once a week, and I haven't had a virus problem in 3+ years. That's with watching a respectable (normal) amount of porn.
bamfb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #58 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bamfb2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot View Post
Well, sure enough, 2 months after the extended warranty expired the logic board shit the bed on me. I took it to the "Genius Bar" (I fucking hate apple stores, every employee i have ever dealt with in one is a pretencious little prick) and they told me they could fix it for $450. $450 for a 4 year old laptop!? I could buy a refurbed PC laptop with the same specs for that price. So I said fuck it and ended up just building a gaming desktop myself.
I shit you not, those things are programmed that way. The rule with electronics and computers (even cars) is to never buy the extended warranty. If the you got a bad system (a dud), it'll fail under the standard manufacturer's warranty. If it outlasts the standard MFW time period with no troubles, it's probably a good system and will go past any extended warranty you would have bought.

You hit another reason I dislike mac people. Genius Bar is a pretentious name, especially when there ain't no geniuses working there. Mac retailers and instore support are rife with complete pricks as you say.

Quote:
But for the absurd amount of money they charge for their computers, you can build or buy a PC that is much faster.As far as I'm concerned Apple can go fuck themselves.
I build my own systems, so I got a desktop for about $650, that smokes any Mac out there. And I save buku bucks that I use to go snowboarding and buy equipment.

Last edited by bamfb2; 05-09-2013 at 12:26 PM.
bamfb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #59 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamfb2 View Post
Seriously man, I run Microsoft Security Essentials as my AV, and Malwarebytes as my virus hunter/killer.

I schedule them to scan once a week, and I haven't had a virus problem in 3+ years. That's with watching a respectable (normal) amount of porn.
+1 for MSE. Haven't had a virus fuck me in about 10 years and I download a ton of torrents. If I had unlimited money I would consider a mac but paying 300% more for the same specs is dumb to me unless you work in the creative industry and have to use mac specific software.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #60 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
MarshallV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
+1 for MSE. Haven't had a virus fuck me in about 10 years and I download a ton of torrents. If I had unlimited money I would consider a mac but paying 300% more for the same specs is dumb to me unless you work in the creative industry and have to use mac specific software.
I have a 6 year MacBook, Mac airbook that work fine and an IPhone. I recently had to buy a new PC for my job though, all the free software they give me is not for Macs. Apple makes good products but way overpriced and overhyped, the fanboys get annoying. I'm starting to look like one too...

It's hard to change once you have multiple devices, syncing two different systems is a PITA at times.

Last edited by MarshallV82; 05-09-2013 at 01:31 PM.
MarshallV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums