Definitely sounds like a pc problem.
Maybe it's time to get a mac.
It's never time to get a mac...
TT, as long as your comp sees and connects with the neighbours router, then your pretty close.
The DNS server issue mentioned couple be it.
Here's another possible solution:
- enable wireless and connect to his router
- open the start menu and run "command" or "cmd" (on Win XP you'll have to hit "run" then type "command" and hit enter)
- This will open up a DOS/Command prompt
- Type "ipconfig /release", hit enter, and let it run
- Type "ipconfig /renew", hit enter and let it run
- If it works, you'll have the internet back, if not take a screenshot of the results and email me
-either way type "exit" and hit enter to close the command window