Partners for Review Site - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Jed
Veteran Member
 
Jed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whistler, BC
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
Ya, me too


TT
Meh, I have nothing to prove. You're welcome to believe what you want *shrug*

No idea why you're suddenly asking me to post my riding footage anyhow.

I teach snowboarding via step-by-step videos lessons at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up

I've figured it out. I'll give my partner, whoever it will be, permission to the wordpress dashboard, therefore allowing him to change anything he wants. I'll also write out a contract so neither of us gets scammed. Guys, I honestly need your help here, it'll take me forever to get enough content to become a serious competitor in this field. I've made the site live, and added reviews and content. Feel free to check it out. I didn't mention it's my website before because last time I mentioned I own a website it got banned from adsense for fraud ad clicks. I thought I was going to be able to use Adsense once again, but now that I've confirmed I'm not, then it's no use hiding my identity. Long story short I've learned my lesson. Since I'm banned from adsense I'll be making money by selling ad space. Anyone looking for some extra money and can write good reviews, please reply or pm me. Thanks. By the way, it's JiffyButler- - Snowboard Equipment Reviews & Deals

Thanks!

Last edited by protechjump; 03-05-2013 at 03:06 AM.
protechjump is offline  
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 03:03 AM
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 6,805
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by protechjump View Post
I've figured it out. I'll give my partner, whoever it will be, permission to the wordpress dashboard, therefore allowing him to change anything he wants. I'll also write out a contract so neither of us gets scammed. Guys, I honestly need your help here, it'll take me forever to get enough content to become a serious competitor in this field. I've made the site live, and added reviews and content. Feel free to check it out. I didn't mention it's my website before because last time I mentioned I own a website it got banned from adsense for fraud ad clicks. Long story short I've learned my lesson. Since I'm banned from adsense I'll be making money by selling ad space. Anyone looking for some extra money and can write good reviews, please reply or pm me. Thanks. By the way, it's JiffyButler- - Snowboard Equipment Reviews & Deals

Thanks!
Your grammar skills and internet skills seem to be at odds my friend.

should i just go ahead and start posting camel toe and underboob?

Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash

Last edited by snowklinger; 03-05-2013 at 03:06 AM.
snowklinger is offline  
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Your grammar skills and internet skills seem to be at odds my friend.

should i just go ahead and start posting camel toe and underboob?
I'm not sure I know what that means. Could you explain?
I mean the grammar and internet part, not the underboob and camel toe.. lol
protechjump is offline  
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by protechjump View Post
I'm not sure I know what that means. Could you explain?
I mean the grammar and internet part, not the underboob and camel toe.. lol
Look, guys I understand if you're not interested, but if you think this is a scam then I don't understand. Here's the risk you're taking, your reviews get stolen. Which would completely ruin my reputation. I don't know how to express this any further, so please help me convince you this isn't a scam.
protechjump is offline  
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 03:23 AM
Jed
Veteran Member
 
Jed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whistler, BC
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is not the job for you, I'd seriously suggest you stop wasting your time on this site and find something you're good at doing. This isn't your skillset and it shows.

If you do continue you need 1 of these 2 things (you have neither right now):

1) Amazingly well written, detailed reviews that blow people away.

2) Awesome SEO skills to get your reviews ranked top 3 in google for their keyword.

I just checked and your Burton 2013 Custom X review isn't even IN google search results 4 days after you posted it on your website.

Typically a partnership would mean you bring something to the table. You don't bring anything to the table at this point so why should someone do the hard work for you and give you a cut of the profits.

Prove your model first. Get your reviews ranked highly on google. Get traffic to your website. Get some GOOD reviews on your site. Get real income coming in from the ad revenue.

Only then should you be asking other people to do your work for you because you'll be bringing something to the table other than a slow loading wordpress website that could be duplicated in under a day.

I teach snowboarding via step-by-step videos lessons at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jed is offline  
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
This is not the job for you, I'd seriously suggest you stop wasting your time on this site and find something you're good at doing. This isn't your skillset and it shows.

If you do continue you need 1 of these 2 things (you have neither right now):

1) Amazingly well written, detailed reviews that blow people away.

2) Awesome SEO skills to get your reviews ranked top 3 in google for their keyword.

I just checked and your Burton 2013 Custom X review isn't even IN google search results 4 days after you posted it on your website.

Typically a partnership would mean you bring something to the table. You don't bring anything to the table at this point so why should someone do the hard work for you and give you a cut of the profits.

Prove your model first. Get your reviews ranked highly on google. Get traffic to your website. Get some GOOD reviews on your site. Get real income coming in from the ad revenue.

Only then should you be asking other people to do your work for you because you'll be bringing something to the table other than a slow loading wordpress website that could be duplicated in under a day.
Great advice, but I don't agree on certain things. Firstly, when you say I bring nothing to the table, did you consider money? I'll be paying for adwords, hosting, and everything else regarding the site. The other partner, in return, will be bringing in the GOOD reviews you've mentioned. I'm working on SEO. What do you think of my reviews? The smith goggles review isn't complete if you're wondering. I'm gathering up cash at the moment to help fund marketing. I will be hosting lots of giveaways at my expense (Not on website, but set up a contest entry stand). The website isn't slow on the many computers I've tried it on, but I understand since it contains flash and high quality pictures. You seem like a great partner by the way.
protechjump is offline  
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 04:29 AM
Jed
Veteran Member
 
Jed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whistler, BC
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by protechjump View Post
Great advice, but I don't agree on certain things. Firstly, when you say I bring nothing to the table, did you consider money? I'll be paying for adwords, hosting, and everything else regarding the site. The other partner, in return, will be bringing in the GOOD reviews you've mentioned. I'm working on SEO. What do you think of my reviews? The smith goggles review isn't complete if you're wondering. I'm gathering up cash at the moment to help fund marketing. I will be hosting lots of giveaways at my expense (Not on website, but set up a contest entry stand). The website isn't slow on the many computers I've tried it on, but I understand since it contains flash and high quality pictures. You seem like a great partner by the way.
This is a scam not because you don't intend to pay people (if you make money), but because you bring nothing to the table. Also, everything you're talking about costs you jack all money IF done correctly (which may be your problem - if you're spending a lot of money marketing this idea you're doing it very wrong).

Hosting a website costs $10 a month or less. Heck a low end VPS is less than $50 a month.

Adwords doesn't cost money because you should technically be paying less than the value of the customers you bring in via adwords anyway (plus you're way too early on to be doing adwords - you don't even know your customer lifetime value yet).

What's stopping anyone else from paying those minimal costs themselves if they're going to do the hard work of reviewing the equipment anyway.

Unless you have some amazing online marketing skills (it's quite clear you don't), all you're bringing to the table is a few hundred dollars, a poorly built site and promising to pay people AFTER they've made you money.

I teach snowboarding via step-by-step videos lessons at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jed is offline  
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
This is a scam not because you don't intend to pay people (if you make money), but because you bring nothing to the table. Also, everything you're talking about costs you jack all money IF done correctly (which may be your problem - if you're spending a lot of money marketing this idea you're doing it very wrong).

Hosting a website costs $10 a month or less. Heck a low end VPS is less than $50 a month.

Adwords doesn't cost money because you should technically be paying less than the value of the customers you bring in via adwords anyway (plus you're way too early on to be doing adwords - you don't even know your customer lifetime value yet).

What's stopping anyone else from paying those minimal costs themselves if they're going to do the hard work of reviewing the equipment anyway.

Unless you have some amazing online marketing skills (it's quite clear you don't), all you're bringing to the table is a few hundred dollars, a poorly built site and promising to pay people AFTER they've made you money.
Remember, nothing is set in stone here. Keep this in mind. Things could be changed. For example, I could pay you for the review instead of a partnership if you'd like (ex: 50$ per review). Or get payed per review AND become a partner. I haven't spent any money on marketing yet. How do I figure out my customers lifetime value when I'm starting up? Don't you do that AFTER a month or two with adwords? Anyways, what I'm saying is, I'll pay everything and all you or whoever the other partner or writer is just writes the reviews! In your case, you also provide pretty good insight based on your experience. I am very interested in working with you, but I don't feel like you're interested. Am I right? I'd prefer it if you'd pm me instead of post in this thread, but that's your choice. Also, I'm going to be writing reviews as well as the partner. I'm starting to think this is a bad idea. Should I man up and write the reviews myself to avoid excess expenses? What do you think? Also, you haven't told me how you like them reviews.

EDIT: What is bothering you so much about the website?
protechjump is offline  
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just quit now you can't compete with me in any way shape or form. Your SEO isn't even where mine was after 2 months of having my site. You obviously have 0 snowboard industry connections. Your model has been done to death by countless other fucktards that don't offer anything to snowboarding, snowboarders, or snowboard companies. Also pretty obvious English isn't your first language.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome