The Epic Bandanna / Face MaskThread - Page 67 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #661 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 93
Default

Yowie hasn't caused me fogging when pulled over nose and tucked under goggles. The problem is if you start to breathe heavy it's difficult to breathe through, but that's kinda true of anything you're pulling over your face. Most of the time it's fine.

The Artic version is rad cause you have warm fleece over your neck and then the stretchy part for your face.
suburbanlegend8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #662 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 47
Default



Airhole!
vltsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #663 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
East§ide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 922
Blog Entries: 1
Default

I use the under armour hood more often than not.. if its really cold, ill layer an airhole mask over it and pull it up if my face gets colder...i also just got a free one from Celtek because of some awesome customer service and it fits surprisingly well, though I havent used it on the mountain. My girlfriend and I both use the UA hoods and love them.
__________________

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East§ide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #664 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gdog42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickieTime View Post
I'm looking for suggestions on a new face mask. I'm currently using the Under Armour hood. On cold days I like pulling up the face mask over my nose then have the goggle's foam over it, but we all know that causes fogging issue. Hoping to find something similar to the Under Armour one but more breathable.

The Yowie looks interesting, anyone ride with the Yowie covering the nose? Does it causes any fogging issue?
Nope, it hardly ever fogs. I keep it over my nose and the only time my goggles do fog is if I'm breathing really heavily, and even then only the bottom part of the lens fogs and it goes away immediately.

If it doesn't go away, I just breath downwards and it does.

As for the Arctic Yowie, I just use the regular one because it's already pretty warm, and if it gets really cold I just zip my jacket collar all the way up over my mouth. And if it gets even colder, I can take it to the next level and fold the Yowie in half (doubles thickness) and then zip my jacket all the way up over it!

The lowest temperatures I've been through so far was about 25 degrees F and just the regular Yowie with my jacket collar unzipped was enough to keep me warm (although I was moving around a lot in the park.) I also have a base jacket that goes around my neck like a neck warmer for cold weather, so I don't need the Arctic one. However, usually I just go in my shirt under the jacket and I'm still fine with the regular Yowie.

It's a damn good facemask!
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #665 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Dim Mak 1470's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 190
Default

Oh, nice! I was thinking of maybe getting both the regular & the artic yowie but maybe I'll just stick with the regular one & see how that goes.
Dim Mak 1470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #666 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
Nope, it hardly ever fogs. I keep it over my nose and the only time my goggles do fog is if I'm breathing really heavily, and even then only the bottom part of the lens fogs and it goes away immediately.

If it doesn't go away, I just breath downwards and it does.

As for the Arctic Yowie, I just use the regular one because it's already pretty warm, and if it gets really cold I just zip my jacket collar all the way up over my mouth. And if it gets even colder, I can take it to the next level and fold the Yowie in half (doubles thickness) and then zip my jacket all the way up over it!

The lowest temperatures I've been through so far was about 25 degrees F and just the regular Yowie with my jacket collar unzipped was enough to keep me warm (although I was moving around a lot in the park.) I also have a base jacket that goes around my neck like a neck warmer for cold weather, so I don't need the Arctic one. However, usually I just go in my shirt under the jacket and I'm still fine with the regular Yowie.

It's a damn good facemask!
Nice. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely give the regular yowie a try next season. If the weather gets too cold, i can always use it together with the Under Armour one.
StickieTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:28 AM   #667 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 14
Default

hey guys.

I've been after a new face mask for this coming season. I have not been boarding for a while but now have a smith vantage and IO/X goggles.

I've actually already bought the UA coldgear neck gaitor and it arrived a couple days ago.

Unfortunately it is too lose! I try to keep it over my nose (which is what I want it for, in cold weather) and it barely holds there and I know it will fall down out on the snow

Any suggestions on what else I can buy that will actually stay up?
I haven't tried it with goggles though so when they arrive maybe I should be holding the gaitor in place with the goggles over the top?

Thanks
applor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #668 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 4,657
Default

still can't beat the buff.



I like the Merino Wool but wouldn't mind trying the windstopper one and maybe one or 2 others.
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:21 AM   #669 (permalink)
Member
 
oskar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Reykjavik
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post

I like the Merino Wool but wouldn't mind trying the windstopper one and maybe one or 2 others.
You mean the breathstopper ? If you have the wool one then there is no need to buy the other. It's really bulky and hard to breath through.
Save your money.

I'm actually really interested in this;

686 :: Strap - Ombre Plaid
oskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #670 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gdog42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskar View Post
You mean the breathstopper ? If you have the wool one then there is no need to buy the other. It's really bulky and hard to breath through.
Save your money.

I'm actually really interested in this;

686 :: Strap - Ombre Plaid
I used to have the 686 one...it wasn't as good as I'd expected. It was kind of awkward to fit on my face, but the real problem was the velcro. There is stitching that goes all the way around the edges, and the velcro on my mask snagged on it every time so whenever I removed the mask it pulled out more of the thread.
I returned it and got 2 Yowies instead. They're so awesome that when I'm about to put one on I get that same excited feeling as I get when I'm about to eat bacon!
__________________
This is a tasty burger.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums