Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Outerwear and Accessories (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/)
-   -   Which Jacket? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/outerwear-accessories/118025-jacket.html)

Runner Dude 14 01-08-2014 10:55 AM

Could use some advice on a jacket please!
 
Hey,

So I've got a few options, I want something that will look good with my new tik pants and will not look too bulky. I also don't want to have to layer too much so I'm not certain which would be best for the money?

First:
Bombshell Insulated Jacket - Men's - Stoic | Steep & Cheap

Second for $59.99:
O'Neill Toots Jacket - Men's | Dogfunk.com


Third:
Nomis Connect Touch Snowboard Jacket - Men's | Backcountry.com
Fourth:
Nomis Connect Dennison Jacket - Men's | Backcountry.com

Fifth:

Bombshell Jacket - Men's - Stoic | Steep & Cheap

Runner Dude 14 01-08-2014 04:33 PM

Just added the bombshell jacket alone, the insulated has great reviews but I heard it is really warm. If anyone knows the fit between the two that would be great.

cerebroside 01-08-2014 04:41 PM

Don't have any personal experience with the above jackets, but make sure the powder skirt interface is compatible with the pants you have (Zip-Tech I assume?).

Runner Dude 14 01-08-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cerebroside (Post 1415425)
Don't have any personal experience with the above jackets, but make sure the powder skirt interface is compatible with the pants you have (Zip-Tech I assume?).

Edit:

They are in fact zip tech.

cerebroside 01-08-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Dude 14 (Post 1415441)
Edit:

They are in fact zip tech.

Personally I would stick with Volcom jackets then. FWIW Volcom zip-tech stuff is meant to be great. :dunno:

ridinbend 01-08-2014 05:00 PM

I love the stoic bombshell jackets. Great quality for a great price. Sizing ran a bit small for me. Got xxl instead of xl on the insulated.

Runner Dude 14 01-08-2014 05:06 PM

Just got confirmation that it will work! I'll measure up and see if I should get a small or medium... I think I'll return the toot's jacket, I like the simplicity of the stoic.

Runner Dude 14 01-08-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridinbend (Post 1415465)
I love the stoic bombshell jackets. Great quality for a great price. Sizing ran a bit small for me. Got xxl instead of xl on the insulated.


How do you like the insulated? The fit atleast, slim or puffy? And how cold have you used it/ how warm did it keep you?

ridinbend 01-08-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Dude 14 (Post 1415497)
Just got confirmation that it will work! I'll measure up and see if I should get a small or medium... I think I'll return the toot's jacket, I like the simplicity of the stoic.

Non insulated is a basic shell. I say if you don't run warm normally get the insulated.

Runner Dude 14 01-08-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridinbend (Post 1415521)
Non insulated is a basic shell. I say if you don't run warm normally get the insulated.

Okay good, How is the fit?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2